UnevenEdge

No Regular Toonami Block on 9/5 and 9/12?

https://animesuperhero.com/forums/threads/adult-swims-toonami-september-2020-premiere-info.5787727/

the first premieres for Toonami in September Begin 9/19 according to this list of new episodes

which doesn't add up....

so after three weeks on hold(and two weeks of batman movies)

the normal block returns for just one week and then goes away for three weeks for batman movies again perhaps?(Since there's a second dc fandom event on 9/12)

Edited by CountFrylock

46 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

Either that or someone's drunk at the wheel.

doubt that seeing as Part 2 of DC Fandome happens 9/12 so this makes  some sense

since they did two weeks of movies for Part 1 then chances are they'll do the same for part 2

Edited by CountFrylock

29 minutes ago, elfie said:

...what's the logic in that!?!?

from someone who watched it(this coming from a post on gamefaqs)it was less like a virtual convention and more like an infomercial

since there was no way for the fans to interact with anyone(not even each other)

so they are just using this as one big advertisement and they figured they'd do this twice...Once in august then again in September

splitting it up so they can focus on different things for each part

Edited by CountFrylock

30 minutes ago, elfie said:

https://screenrant.com/dc-fandome-delay-schedule-update-panels-september/

So I found this. Although it doesn't outright say it, the phrases they use implies that separating the con into two weeks was a last-minute decision.

so yeah looks like that last minute decision left toonami with little choice but to put the entire block and Assassination Class room's second episode on pause until 9/19

get ready for more batman movies....confirmed at this point

personally i couldn't care less about more batman movies

because i don't care about DC Fandome and don't like it being shoved down my throat down

when I'm watching adultswim

Edited by CountFrylock

"Sooooooooo YOOOOOOO. Are gonna run DC movies for three more weeks, starting in two weeks, TOTALLY not because of a last-minute change we enacted and trying to act as though we know what the fuck we're doing! Get on that shit. Now if you'll excuse us, we got more DC employees to fire..."

DC COMICS. "IT'S NEVER OUR FAULT." TM

Edited by elfie
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, elfie said:

"Sooooooooo YOOOOOOO. Are gonna run DC movies for three more weeks, starting in two weeks, TOTALLY not because of a last-minute change we enacted and trying to act as though we know what the fuck we're doing! Get on that shit. Now if you'll excuse us, we got more DC employees to fire..."

DC COMICS. "IT'S NEVER OUR FAULT." TM

i really can't imagine the toonami crew being happy about this at all....they just announced Assassination classroom and now they have to explain why that's only gonna air one episode before the regular block goes on break for three weeks

and that's not even mentioning how they'll address the jojo fans who got slapped in the face with "Batman Takes Priority!"

10 hours ago, korosu said:

you guys are so fucking stupid jesus christ

how are we stupid? there's no regular toonami programming listed for 9/5 and 9/12

so what are we to assume if not two more weeks of dc animated movies?

9 hours ago, Sketch said:

They should have just let Ballmasterz finish and wait to start Ass Class if they are really doing two more weeks of DC movies (not necessarily just Batman).

i agree but since they aren't doing that....that proves this must have been a late minute decision that caught them offguard

• D'oh 2

Is there any actual proof that Toonami is going to run DC movies again just because the Fandome event got split?  It's not like screwed up or blank schedules have never been displayed before, before eventually being filled in with the regular schedule.  Hell, my Suddenlink TiVo DVR used to seem convinced SAO was coming on EVERY WEEK even between seasons!  Sounds like you are jumping to conclusions.

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 1

On 8/25/2020 at 9:41 PM, OwlChemist81 said:

It's highly unlikely that shitty site is even right, but, hey, if it is, all the better! Bring on more animated DC movies we only dreamed of seeing on Toonami years ago!

2020: the year dreams--and nightmares--come true!

The "source" is a forum for a website no one has ever heard of.  Sounds legit!

On 8/24/2020 at 1:53 PM, korosu said:

you guys are so fucking stupid jesus christ

Well we know CountFrylock probably has brain damage from repeated auto-erotic asphyxiation between fat folds of 600 pounders.  But what is Elfie's excuse for being such a clueless ditz?  As far as I'm aware, he's not blonde.

Or, maybe this time, to promote DC FanDome Part 2, they run a marathon of Robot Chicken DC Specials from 12 to 1:30, followed by a rerun of Batman Year Zero, on FRIDAY night 9/11. That might be more apropos to promote a Saturday event without disrupting Toonami again.

And that way, Fire Force would only need to double-up ONCE to get through Season 1 at the current point to lead-in to the premiere of Season 2 on October 24th.

Edited by OwlChemist81

17 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Or, maybe this time, to promote DC FanDome Part 2, they run a marathon of Robot Chicken DC Specials from 12 to 1:30, followed by a rerun of Batman Year Zero, on FRIDAY night 9/11. That might be more apropos to promote a Saturday event without disrupting Toonami again.

And that way, Fire Force would only need to double-up ONCE to get through Season 1 at the current point to lead-in to the premiere of Season 2 on October 24th.

Totally random to have an action movie on a Friday but they could probably do that. Using the RC DC Specials to promote DC Fandome is a good use of existing resources.

• Like 1