UnevenEdge

Lovecraft Country

DragonSinger

This just premiered, and boy did I have fun watching it last night. The writing is solid and unlike most horror stuff out lately, there was real tension. I will be so happy if they can keep this up. It was a really smart decision of HBO to air this right after the second night of playing Birds of Prey because the double dose of Jurnee Smollet showing off her skills was sweet.

P.S. Everyone is aware her brother did an asshole thing, just let the woman shine on her own.

15 minutes ago, Hidden said:

probably not. rather just the only person on this website 😶

I assumed the 'here' part of that post was referring to the boards.

I have not watched the premiere yet, but do plan to check the series out soonish. Probably in a couple weeks.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ric said:

I assumed the 'here' part of that post was referring to the boards.

up, down, its all a ghost town.

but she has you in a few weeks so the thread has been saved 👌

i wont be watching this but im glad to hear its being done well. good for horror.

actually moon is watching this. she might comment @Mewn

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 1:39 PM, Hidden said:

up, down, its all a ghost town.

but she has you in a few weeks so the thread has been saved 👌

i wont be watching this but im glad to hear its being done well. good for horror.

actually moon is watching this. she might comment @Mewn

Psh, yeah idk why Roxie isn't watching this >_> All he wants are spoilers.

Just watch it, lewzarrr!!

And yesh, it was very well done and def filling my Perry Mason void, although way different genre. 😅

I'll be watching ep 2 probz on Monday since I have to work Sunday.

Gonna catch that NXIVM docuseries, The Vow, too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Mewn said:

Psh, yeah idk why Roxie isn't watching this >_> All he wants are spoilers.

Just watch it, lewzarrr!!

And yesh, it was very well done and def filling my Perry Mason void, although way different genre. 😅

I'll be watching ep 2 probz on Monday since I have to work Sunday.

Gonna catch that NXIVM docuseries, The Vow, too.

I saw a preview for it but didn't realize that was the cult the chick from Smallville was in until later. That trailer was intense too.

On 8/21/2020 at 9:29 PM, DragonSinger said:

I saw a preview for it but didn't realize that was the cult the chick from Smallville was in until later. That trailer was intense too.

Yep!

Keith Raniere is garbage.

Anyway, ep 2 was fun, starting to get a bit more spoopy.

I felt like the pacing wasn't as good as ep 1, but I am ready for batshit stuff.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mewn said:

Yep!

Keith Raniere is garbage.

Anyway, ep 2 was fun, starting to get a bit more spoopy.

I felt like the pacing wasn't as good as ep 1, but I am ready for batshit stuff.

I'm on a fucked up shows/movies bingewatch right now(but like no racism shit), so I'll watch the second episode tomorrow.

• Like 1

I finally saw the second episode, and I can't believe I never heard 'Whitey's On The Moon' before. It's so simple but that poem makes a hell of a statement. Unfortunately, due to everything being shitty, I can't handle more than an episode at a time. It annoyed me that the third episode was like seconds away, but I turned the tv off simply because my anxiety was like nope. Horror parts, bring it on! Racism parts like moving into a nice house back then as a black person that still has relevant issues like that today? *Stomach begins cramping from stress*

On 8/30/2020 at 8:21 PM, DragonSinger said:

I finally saw the second episode, and I can't believe I never heard 'Whitey's On The Moon' before. It's so simple but that poem makes a hell of a statement. Unfortunately, due to everything being shitty, I can't handle more than an episode at a time. It annoyed me that the third episode was like seconds away, but I turned the tv off simply because my anxiety was like nope. Horror parts, bring it on! Racism parts like moving into a nice house back then as a black person that still has relevant issues like that today? *Stomach begins cramping from stress*

Ugh, yeah I know what you mean and this show will combo both racism and spooky shet.

Just watched ep 3

Spoiler

The baby headed basketball player made me laugh.

It was neat the black ghosts that were killed by the white asshole joined to push him out.

Casually slitting the goat's neck on the front porch also made me lol.

The three dead white dudes are put in the cellar with a tunnel >_> time to enter Bettlejuice world....at least that's what it reminded me of. 😂

The ghosts themselves were fun looking (other than baby head).

UMMMM, Atticus really can't run from his bloodline, next ep will be good.

It is an interesting concept. I think it is getting an essential part of the Lovecraft universe, in that it is to visual in terms of the horror. Lovecraft's stories were always about terrors that were just beyond sight, half-glimpses of alien things men were never meant to know about, let alone see. I like the way this is being slowly revealed, like layers being peeled back. I think I'll try to watch it, it should be good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...