UnevenEdge
Quackers

Black Lives Matter and Police Brutality Discussion

2 hours ago, SwimModSponges said:

*googles extrajudicial killings*

I dunno man.

That's like... the definition that pops up.

You are complete correct. The term extrajudicial killing is only  used to refer to executions done by people in law enforcement/the military and the executive branch who didn't follow due process and just went Judge Dredd on some folks. Like when Obama ordered the drone strikes that targeted and killed American citizens, including children, those are called extrajudicial killings of Americans, same as when the police murder someone for no reason. No idea what dude is trying to correct you about? But like you said, you're obviously in the right here. 

Edited by NaBarney
  • D'oh 1

1 minute ago, BlackNoir said:

When your agenda is transparent af.

As opposed to having hidden agendas, which is somehow good?

Nah but we don't have to detail this thread over vocabulary definitions anymore

• D'oh 1

7 minutes ago, NaBarney said:

As opposed to having hidden agendas, which is somehow good?

Nah but we don't have to detail this thread over vocabulary definitions anymore

Cool, so you admit that you dove into that exchange because your boo was involved.

And this isn't about definitions...It's about honesty.

• Thanks 1

Right.  The reason Sawdy was able to not see the term used despite the prevalence of extrajudicial violence is because the media has something of a vested interest to not use the correct term when referring to police abuse.

Edited by scoobdog

12 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Right.  The reason Sawdy was able to not see the term used despite the prevalence of extrajudicial violence is because the media has something of a vested interest to not use the correct term when referring to police abuse.

"That's the who, not the why"

4 hours ago, scoobdog said:

No, it's not that common, mostly because it only occurs when referring to murderers.  As a matter of fact, it's almost never used to refer to law enforcement murders.

"Only used when referring to murderers, almost never used to refer to law enforcement murders"

This is incoherent. The term is only ever used to refer to law enforcement murders because that's what the word means, that law enforcement murdered someone. If law enforcement wasn't involved then the murder wouldn't be an extrajudicial killing and so that word wouldn't be used. It is never used to refer to "murderers" of the non-law enforcement variety as you initially claimed. 

Edited by NaBarney
  • D'oh 1

Lol.  The term originated in reference to vigilantism, as in citizens not authorized to act as agents of the law, rather than deputies of the law acting outside of their authority.  The term evolved into what is now only after (marginally) greater scrutiny was directed to police abuse of minorities.

Edited by scoobdog

So the LA sheriff asked LeBron to match the reward money offered for the two cops shot, and I see not one piece of media acknowledging how offensive that is. So because he has money and supports BLM he has to give up money to show violence is what he cares about?

How come I haven't seen one black person murdered by police called a hero, but every single cop that dies is a hero? I would like Lebron to tell this cop to gargle his balls and pay the same reward for information on a black child murdered.

I fucking hate everyone. I am back on the news cycle so this is just a snippet of thought, today was a weird news day and I'm waiting for more info on Jason Gelinas.

• Like 3