UnevenEdge
SwimModSponges

So somebody posted this thing about "Don't talk to me when i'm mad, you think you can have a conversation with me when i got the devil blah blah blah..."

And im like... thats a pretty huge personal flaw you should work on maybe?

I dunno, maybe it comes from my childhood and dealing with people with anger issues, but shit man, if you can't talk out your anger and have to bottle it, sounds to me like you're letting that shit build up rather than identifying and rectifying the problem. 

Doesn't seem healthy? 

Or should I not be so judgmental and just let folks have their rage if they want it?

Finally, my time to shine!

There's an extremely fine line on which rage exists.  When you're standing on that line, telling someone you need time and space is absolutely the mature, healthy response.  That person knows they are liable to say or do something they may regret if they try to talk from that place.  Being able to recognize that is extremely self-aware, and most people struggle with it.  The problem occurs if, when things cool down, the problem or conversation is forgotten.  The other half of the healthy equation is to let the other person know that you're ready to listen and talk instead of yell.  Pretending it never happened is dangerous.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just don't talk to me at all. Ever. Especially on a phone. I will not answer you and we will both sit in silence. But it'll only be awkward for you.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2020 at 8:13 AM, resurrected said:

Just don't talk to me at all. Ever. Especially on a phone. I will not answer you and we will both sit in silence. But it'll only be awkward for you.

When the final member joined my former band, I literally had to tell him to stop face timing me on facebook and just text me anytime he wanted to talk. I have the same hatred of talking over the phone you do. And face timing is even worse.

When I saw those first TV commercials advertising this new fangled text-messaging thing, I thought it was the dumbest thing in the world. Gotta eat my words, texting is god's gift to introverts.

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist
  • Like 5