UnevenEdge

Ever made a great shot?

Lasty

Like, in basketball or throwing trash into a can? From waaay downtown! psssh aaahhh!

Well, you were accelerating, and the thrown object did not move in a curve, up then down as it appeared to; it was a straight line...

I once flipped a roll of toilet paper from the toilet I was on, about 6ft from me, onto a towel rack.

And promptly not a single soul believed me.

Edit: after getting constantly made fun of for practicing my new form for disc golf, I managed to perfect it, and with the snap of my wrist, I went from about a 200 yard throw to about 400 yards. I got a hole in one on a 350 yard shot and on a later basket, I skipped the disc off of the ground and under some exposed roots for another hole in one.

Edited by JehutyNinja

1 hour ago, JehutyNinja said:

I once flipped a roll of toilet paper from the toilet I was on, about 6ft from me, onto a towel rack.

And promptly not a single soul believed me.

Edit: after getting constantly made fun of for practicing my new form for disc golf, I managed to perfect it, and with the snap of my wrist, I went from about a 200 yard throw to about 400 yards. I got a hole in one on a 350 yard shot and on a later basket, I skipped the disc off of the ground and under some exposed roots for another hole in one.

Disc golf is loads of fun. I'm not very good, it's just a good time to get drunk and chase frisbees around with pals.

You gotta record these things. Otherwise, it's generally better to let that victory make you glow from the inside...

Approval seeking is a strategy with diminishing returns.

2 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Was able to robin hood an arrow at 45 yards. (shoot one arrow into the knock of a previous arrow you shot prior). Used to shoot like 600 arrows a day though to, so I had a lot of practice. 

Archery is rad. Did you ever William Tell anybody? :o ( the thing with the apple on the head, not an assassination, which is what he's known for in Switzerland...)

13 minutes ago, Lasty said:

Did you ever William Tell anybody

Nope never did that. I could trust my skill good enough at my height to have done that, but far too much could go wrong equipment wise. What if a fletch was bent, a random gust of wind makes it off by a half inch, your release gets caught, string snaps which has happened to me a couple of times. Just a lot of shit that can go wrong and I wouldn't feel right for putting someone else in danger to show off my skill. Even that one old couple where the guy shoots aspirin that his wife throws have had accidents. 

7 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Nope never did that. I could trust my skill good enough at my height to have done that, but far too much could go wrong equipment wise. What if a fletch was bent, a random gust of wind makes it off by a half inch, your release gets caught, string snaps which has happened to me a couple of times. Just a lot of shit that can go wrong and I wouldn't feel right for putting someone else in danger to show off my skill. Even that one old couple where the guy shoots aspirin that his wife throws have had accidents. 

That's fair.... why don't people shoot an apple off the top of a pole in the ground? Isn't that equivalent? Why is it more entertaining if someone might get hurt?

13 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

The risk of death makes it more entertaining for people. Same reason why it's more entertaining to watch a tight rope act done 100ft in the air vs 4ft in the air. 

Why though?

8 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Adrenaline, same experience some people get from watching a horror film. You aren't at risk but you can get a boost as if you were. Just how our brains work. 

I think it has more to do with cultural conditioning...

Seriously, though. Those were straight lines. Gravity is a fake force. What you're witnessing is the curvature of spacetime generated by the mass of the earth! This is crazy shit! It makes me want to grab people in the street and throw things.