UnevenEdge

Doordash anecdotes

bnmjy

Some guy was yelling at me for blocking his pathway, not his driveway. He threatened to call the police on me. It's like, I wasn't even gonna be parked there for more than 2 minutes max. Then he watched me the entire time while I found somewhere else to park. Usually, people are helpful if they notice I'm a delivery driver, which is obvious since I am holding food and wearing a mask.

Edit: gonna use this thread to chronicle interesting events.

Edited by bnmjy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

How... does a chicken restaurant run out of.... chicken?

Beats me. Not the first time I heard of such an incidemt though.

Edit: Bad, lazy management could be a factor. There didn't seem to be a crazy sale or anything like that.

Edited by bnmjy
  • Like 2

Just now, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I mean I guess.... my friend works at Chik Fil A and hasn't mentioned them running out of chicken. *shrug*

Cali is probably set, but I assume other places might be suffering because of the restrictions on supply chains now.....And to clear things up, I've only heard about the meat shortage here and on my PSN facebook page.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cyberbully said:

Cali is probably set, but I assume other places might be suffering because of the restrictions on supply chains now.....And to clear things up, I've only heard about the meat shortage here and on my PSN facebook page.

I'm kind of surprised by the chicken shortage as well, but that's only because the last time I heard of an issue it was because COVID-19 was affecting a major pork processing plant.  It only makes sense that all meat would have shortages given that meat processing and packing seems to be centralized, something I wouldn't have thought of if not for the pandemic.  Cali should also be affected, but the nature of the supply line issues probably means that shortages are sporadic as opposed to universal.

58 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

I'm kind of surprised by the chicken shortage as well, but that's only because the last time I heard of an issue it was because COVID-19 was affecting a major pork processing plant.  It only makes sense that all meat would have shortages given that meat processing and packing seems to be centralized, something I wouldn't have thought of if not for the pandemic.  Cali should also be affected, but the nature of the supply line issues probably means that shortages are sporadic as opposed to universal.

meat here is getting decently expensive. like sometimes I see 4.50+ for a pound of hamburger meat. people are going to be priced out soon

12 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

...You'd be shocked how many times I've gone to KFC and they've been out of some type of chicken product.

On 7/5/2020 at 10:35 PM, bnmjy said:

Some guy was yelling at me for blocking his pathway, not his driveway. He threatened to call the police on me. It's like, I wasn't even gonna be parked there for more than 2 minutes max. Then he watched me the entire time while I found somewhere else to park. Usually, people are helpful if twayhey notice I'm a delivery driver, which is obvious since I am holding food and wearing a mask.

Edit: gonna use this thread to chronicle interesting events.

when i delivered a long time ago, most establishments give you a sign on your car top to magnetize on. i'm assuming doordash, grubhub, ubereats don't have those...

otherwise, if i wasn't parked illegally, i would ignore most folks barking. that is until they would walk towards my vehicle. then i would have to give him my undivided attention. 

35 minutes ago, GreatBallsOfJizz said:

Seriously. Was he one of those candid Welshman in 1894? You aren't impressing anyone here.

whats odd is that some people do call the cops, and then you have to wait there after your boss tells you not to leave or that would be "fleeing the scene". so they get there, see you're not parked illegally, see that you're working in uniform, and promptly sigh at the person wasting their time. takes less than a minute for them to tell you "you're free to go" then deal with the irate resident. 

it happens more than it should. 

On 7/8/2020 at 5:23 AM, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Not sure this is the case for this instance, but restaurants use certain products to make what's on their menus and when something is out, it's out. 

Like maybe there are premade chicken patties for a sandwich. Once they're gone, the restaurant just stops serving that item. Sometimes if it's a franchise they will call another store and ask if they can come and pick up whatever they need to serve the item again. 

A lot of fast food places have to adhere to certain standards so going to the grocery store to pick up more stuff won't work in most cases. Sometimes menu items are made from leftovers and maybe there weren't enough to make a new batch. Likewise, the food might need to be marinated or slow cooked or whatever. In that instance they would actually have the food, but not be able to serve it. 

Or maybe the walk-ins/coolers went out or something got dropped or spoiled. It may well have been that the store just didn't order enough chicken, but they also could have experienced some hiccups with shipments. 

Point is, there are tons of reasons a chicken restaurant would be out of chicken, especially a particular kind. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Nabply said:

What's active time/dash time? Dash time when you're just sitting in your car in a parking lot waiting on an order to come thru? I'm trying to calculate what you would have made per hour without tips.

Dash time is when you're logged onto the app, but don't have any orders. Active time is when you have orders and it includes when you're just waiting for food to be prepared.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Today I had a very Karen-type customer from, of course, Red Lobster. They supposedly forgot her crab legs. She called me whining, in the most horrible tone, "I want my crab legs. I already paid money for it." So I went back and got her goddam crab legs. The manager was the one that handed me the crab legs. Doordash fortunately compensated me for the extra trip.

Guest TooBlackForUEMB
Just now, bnmjy said:

It's my side gig, so whatever.

Nice to see you back for a bit before you get banned, bitch.

lol its only a matter of time. Be my friend again bitch u are missed

I've thought about doing something like Doordash before. I signed up when I found an ad in a local job search once, but google must've just randomly threw it in the list  because I found out after I went through the registration process Doordash doesn't operate here when I searched for jobs with the app. It's too small of a town I doubt they ever will. 

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

On 8/8/2020 at 9:53 PM, bnmjy said:

I had the most interesting delivery ever just now. The customers ended up being my two former coworkers. They offered me a tip to play Smash Brothers. I lost, of course. Still . . . hilarious.

They didn't select contactless delivery, smh...