UnevenEdge

Dr. Stone returns for Season 2 January 2021

Jman

10 minutes ago, elfie said:

That news doesn't mention Toonami. It's about the release in general, not whenever it's gonna be on cable.

We all know it will be inevitable.

The important thing is a Season 2 is coming.

• Like 2

New trailer just came up in my youtube list so here it is.

Nice, back in the future Toonami shows thread I mentioned I felt like it was about time for a date announcement for season 2 given that it was so successful it'd be surprising if they didn't go right into working on the continuation after a short production break after announcing the continuation at the end of the last ep, good to see it :)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jman said:

We all know it will be inevitable.

The important thing is a Season 2 is coming.

About to watch the first ep of Season 2 (of Fire Force) as part of Funimation's virtual con. I hope we don't have tech issues.

Edited by elfie

On 7/4/2020 at 1:44 PM, MasqueradeOverture said:

I feel like the 2nd half of Season 1 could've been smashed together into 6 episodes instead of 12, but it looks like we're back to the action so I'm game.

Yeah but they probably wanted stone war for season 2. Too much time was really spent on getting crap for the bulb; and the phone thing could have really just been replaced with flags and colored smoke from burning different minerals, and make the main focus of the arc getting weapons. Characters are at least interesting and I want to see them develop more.   Kinda the problem though with senku so far. No real development for his character as of yet. More just the guy he's always been and everyone has to adapt to him, rather than him adapting to living in the stone age. 

3 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

the phone thing could have really just been replaced with flags and colored smoke from burning different minerals

But that wouldn't have been nearly as fun. If there's one thing Senku likes, it's a challenge, not to mention he's all about fast-tracking technological development back to where it was in 2019. Flags and colored smoke would make sense, yeah, but it would have been horribly unfitting for Senku both for his character and his ambitions.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

But that wouldn't have been nearly as fun. If there's one thing Senku likes, it's a challenge, not to mention he's all about fast-tracking technological development back to where it was in 2019. Flags and colored smoke would make sense, yeah, but it would have been horribly unfitting for Senku both for his character and his ambitions.

It could be made fun, but it would require the mangaka to know both history and science in detail. Also the series has to appeal to japanese kids, and kids would find having a cellphone/phone more interesting. Though from how these aren't real cellphones and need to be connected like a land line. Makes me feel that it's going to give away positioning.

Just follow the wire right to the other end. Can also cut them to make them useless. Not like there isn't a spy in the woods they're feeding cotton candy to that knows exactly what they're doing.  Also there were the moments where they're making gold wire where the kinks in the gold were somehow going to keep it from the gold  wire conducting electricity....what? Then it never crossed their mind to use copper or silver.  I'm just watching this like come on just make it work! Then Senku is like the wire must be this uniform we'll start again, and then I groan.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...