UnevenEdge

Got the fizzer all right.

And boy howdy, i'm still expecting somebody to take a swing at me some time.

Had a guy just light up when i told him masks were required.

"What are you gonna do about it?"

"Walk you out."

*cue outraged shouting*

• Like 2

They stopped AstraZeneca trials on children out of an abundance of caution. One article I read said it’s looking likely that the rare blood clots they’ve seen is likely a rare side effect but it’s still more beneficial to take the vaccine for most people 

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2021/4/6/oxford-astrazeneca-uk-vaccine-trial-in-children

this really doesn’t impact the US because we will likely have plenty of other options and not even look to the AZ vaccine.  What’s fucked up is this vaccine travels better and conspiracy theories are gonna start flying if it becomes the vaccine of choice in poorer parts of the world   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

13 people had adverse reactions to the JnJ in CO, they closed the vaccination site.   The media shouldn’t be reporting this story yet, lol and I def shouldn’t have shared it.  They won’t say what the reactions were. They could’ve gotten more info before telling us that 13 out of 1700 people given the vax had a reaction to it.  The JnJ is an adenovirus vaccine that uses modified chimp virus to get the body to do its thing. Maybe these people are allergic to chimpanzees for all we know. 

https://nypost.com/2021/04/07/covid-vaccine-site-closes-early-after-adverse-reactions-to-jj-shot/amp/

Edited by 1pooh4u
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

13 people had adverse reactions to the JnJ in CO, they closed the vaccination site.   The media shouldn’t be reporting this story yet, lol and I def shouldn’t have shared it.  They won’t say what the reactions were. They could’ve gotten more info before telling us that 13 out of 1700 people given the vax had a reaction to it.  The JnJ is an adenovirus vaccine that uses modified chimp virus to get the body to do its thing. Maybe these people are allergic to chimpanzees for all we know. 

https://nypost.com/2021/04/07/covid-vaccine-site-closes-early-after-adverse-reactions-to-jj-shot/amp/

Annnnd here we go...

F6B2F501-2945-4566-A8AE-620AAE90010C.jpeg

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

JnJ is also, from what I've read, the least effective one by a large margin. I wouldn't really be going for that one regardless purely because it seems to just generally be the worst one, not because of the gross reaction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sawdamizer said:

Annnnd here we go...

F6B2F501-2945-4566-A8AE-620AAE90010C.jpeg

If they’re not sayin what the reactions were I think it’s safe to assume zombies are now involved 💩

47 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

JnJ is also, from what I've read, the least effective one by a large margin. I wouldn't really be going for that one regardless purely because it seems to just generally be the worst one, not because of the gross reaction.

As far as efficacy, JJ is the least effective in terms of vaccinated people developing Covid, however it’s 100% effective against serious illness and death.  If I had already gotten sick with Covid I might’ve considered JJ (it was also last on my list) because I would have naturally developed some immunity and the JJ would be an extra layer of armor, but since I avoided Covid (so far) I wanted an mRNA vaccine with better efficacy against getting sick in the first place. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

so since small family gatherings are generally ok now...is it still inappropriate to attend a family funeral without a mask if i've been fully vaccinated? the guest of honor won't mind, i'm sure.

1 minute ago, wacky1980 said:

so since small family gatherings are generally ok now...is it still inappropriate to attend a family funeral without a mask if i've been fully vaccinated? the guest of honor won't mind, i'm sure.

Fuck his wife

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sawdamizer said:

Fuck his wife

that might be kinda awkward while she's in the coffin in front of the church. but i'll see what can be done.

Just now, wacky1980 said:

that might be kinda awkward while she's in the coffin in front of the church. but i'll see what can be done.

Life’s a garden, dig it

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

As far as efficacy, JJ is the least effective in terms of vaccinated people developing Covid, however it’s 100% effective against serious illness and death.  If I had already gotten sick with Covid I might’ve considered JJ (it was also last on my list) because I would have naturally developed some immunity and the JJ would be an extra layer of armor, but since I avoided Covid (so far) I wanted an mRNA vaccine with better efficacy against getting sick in the first place. 

The report I looked up a little after said like 86% for serious illness and like 77% otherwise, which aren't even that bad of figures one way or another. But I think that was the same report I saw a month or 2 back and may have outdated data. Where was that info?

6 minutes ago, wacky1980 said:

I've been seeing reports that post-vac is considered safe to do things without a mask.

Probably wouldn't yet out of courtesy, but it's at least not dangerous to my knowledge.

1 minute ago, naraku360 said:

I've been seeing reports that post-vac is considered safe to do things without a mask.

Probably wouldn't yet out of courtesy, but it's at least not dangerous to my knowledge.

The guidelines I've seen are vaccinated people can be maskless with other vaccinated people, I haven't seen anything about vaccinated people being maskless around non-vaccinated people.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

she's kinda a trumper (i think, haven't seen that branch of the family for a couple years) so i'm assuming if it's up to her, she'll tell people to show up without a mask. we'll see.

10 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

The guidelines I've seen are vaccinated people can be maskless with other vaccinated people, I haven't seen anything about vaccinated people being maskless around non-vaccinated people.

Vaccinated people can be maskless in small gatherings with unvaccinated people that are from the same household 

example I had a small Passover gathering at my parents. 4 were fully vaccinated me and my bf weren’t. The cdc says that’s ok

1 minute ago, 1pooh4u said:

Vaccinated people can be maskless in small gatherings with unvaccinated people that are from the same household 

example I had a small Passover gathering at my parents. 4 were fully vaccinated me and my bf weren’t. The cdc says that’s ok

i'd wager that funeral homes are letting people go maskless wherever they can get away with it.

that's just good business, man.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

The report I looked up a little after said like 86% for serious illness and like 77% otherwise, which aren't even that bad of figures one way or another. But I think that was the same report I saw a month or 2 back and may have outdated data. Where was that info?

Here’s an article from March I believe it says the JJ was 100% effective in preventing serious illness and death in clinical trials 

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2021/03/420071/how-effective-johnson-johnson-covid-19-vaccine-heres-what-you-should-know

Updated CDC info on JJ

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/janssen.html#:~:text=The J%26J%2FJanssen vaccine,weeks after getting vaccinated.

I still think (with absolutely zero evidence) that for those that have already had Covid JJ maybe the best choice. It’s cheap and convenient and effective enough in preventing illness. 

Edited by 1pooh4u
  • Thanks 1

i'd wager that funeral homes are letting people go maskless wherever they can get away with it.

that's just good business, man.

Yeah they’re the last people to care about people staying alive 😆

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Here’s an article from March I believe it says the JJ was 100% effective in preventing serious illness and death in clinical trials 

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2021/03/420071/how-effective-johnson-johnson-covid-19-vaccine-heres-what-you-should-know

Updated CDC info on JJ

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/janssen.html#:~:text=The J%26J%2FJanssen vaccine,weeks after getting vaccinated.

I still think (with absolutely zero evidence) that for those that have already had Covid JJ maybe the best choice. It’s cheap and convenient and effective enough in preventing illness. 

Yeah, that first one references the data I was thinking of, so it's definitely newer. The study may have said that otiginally but my dumb baby brain isn't smart enough to understand fancy science words.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

Yeah, that first one references the data I was thinking of, so it's definitely newer. The study may have said that otiginally but my dumb baby brain isn't smart enough to understand fancy science words.

Stop it. Your brain is capable and beautiful 

I think one of the articles is looking into a booster for JJ, maybe they can get the efficacy of not getting sick to begin with up a little more. 

Edited by 1pooh4u

It’s wild to be alive during the creation of these vaccines. They know so much about them and at the same time so much is unknown.  Why do people that have already been infected need both doses of Pfizer or Moderna. Will they learn later that maybe just the booster dose would be sufficient?  
After this is all over will we go back to the slow way of development of vaccines and other medical treatments?  

there’s so much that could possibly change. Exciting times in that sense. What will the text books say?

Just now, 1pooh4u said:

It’s wild to be alive during the creation of these vaccines. They know so much about them and at the same time so much is unknown.  Why do people that have already been infected need both doses of Pfizer or Moderna. Will they learn later that maybe just the booster dose would be sufficient?  
After this is all over will we go back to the slow way of development of vaccines and other medical treatments?  

there’s so much that could possibly change. Exciting times in that sense. What will the text books say?

The sooner we can all get back to sniffing cocaine off the high heels of sluts the better I say

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Sawdamizer said:

The sooner we can all get back to sniffing cocaine off the high heels of sluts the better I say

I don’t think anything is stopping you from doing that now 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, 1pooh4u said:

I don’t think anything is stopping you from doing that now 😆

Yah but I don’t wanna wear a mask

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sawdamizer said:

Yah but I don’t wanna wear a mask

You’re vaccinated, don’t worry about it 😆

you’re not vaccinated against a frying pan to the head, but the risk is yours to take 😆

Edited by 1pooh4u
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

i doubt vax development will go back. mRNA is being proven effective, and all they have to do is manipulate a particular (set of) protein(s) in order to adapt it to whatever virus comes along. There's always the chance that a virus will be resistant to this particular method, but the science is progressing quickly enough that mRNA therapies will continue to prove their value. there's promising mRNA trials happening for cancer immunotherapy. influenza, generic coronavirus, herpes simplex, are all already being / have been developed. it's literally the future of immunotherapy, and we're going to continue to witness it in our lifetimes.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, wacky1980 said:

iherpes simplex

Ill finally have a reason to call some ex girlfriends!!

• Haha 2

Just now, Sawdamizer said:

Ill finally have a reason to call some ex girlfriends!!

well if you're both carrying that particular bug, there's no reason to avoid them in the first place.

Just now, wacky1980 said:

well if you're both carrying that particular bug, there's no reason to avoid them in the first place.

They are mad at some stupid thing... 

• Haha 1

Just now, Sawdamizer said:

They are mad at some stupid thing... 

can't you just like, convince them that they gave it to you? they should be begging for your forgiveness.

can't you just like, convince them that they gave it to you? they should be begging for your forgiveness.

Let me dust off that ol gaslighting manual I got around here and give this thing a go

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wacky1980 said:

i doubt vax development will go back. mRNA is being proven effective, and all they have to do is manipulate a particular (set of) protein(s) in order to adapt it to whatever virus comes along. There's always the chance that a virus will be resistant to this particular method, but the science is progressing quickly enough that mRNA therapies will continue to prove their value. there's promising mRNA trials happening for cancer immunotherapy. influenza, generic coronavirus, herpes simplex, are all already being / have been developed. it's literally the future of immunotherapy, and we're going to continue to witness it in our lifetimes.

Exciting stuff. I really hope that the red tape that has zero to do with safety protocols never come back. It’s kinda proven to us that it is possible to make a safe, effective vaccine in a fairly short time. Idk if being in a pandemic helped with expediency, there were no shortage of willing trial participants, that might not be the case in non pandemic circumstances, but idk. 

3 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Exciting stuff. I really hope that the red tape that has zero to do with safety protocols never come back. It’s kinda proven to us that it is possible to make a safe, effective vaccine in a fairly short time. Idk if being in a pandemic helped with expediency, there were no shortage of willing trial participants, that might not be the case in non pandemic circumstances, but idk. 

I don't think these vaccines have been very successful in the area of not giving adverse side effects. The traditional timelines we have had for vaccines probably do a lot to curb those.

2 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I don't think these vaccines have been very successful in the area of not giving adverse side effects. The traditional timelines we have had for vaccines probably do a lot to curb those.

What do you consider an “adverse” side effect, because a sore arm, and Covid like symptoms for 24-48 hours aren’t. 

Posted (edited)

The trials had 30000 people in them, I think that’s typical.(actually it’s not it’s usually far less people over longer time) What percentage of those people, that received the vaccine, experienced adverse side effects? @Doom Metal Alchemist

Edited by 1pooh4u

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

The trials had 30000 people in them, I think that’s typical.(actually it’s not it’s usually far less people over longer time) What percentage of those people, that received the vaccine, experienced adverse side effects? @Doom Metal Alchemist

Well if you're doing your arbitrary discounting an extremely sore arm for a days, maybe not many.

Though my mom said she was bedridden for a day and apparently my uncle was bedridden for a week.

Also the more common and the wider the variety of side effects, the louder the anti-vaxx people will get and probably easier recruit people to their movement.

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Well if you're doing your arbitrary discounting an extremely sore arm for a days, maybe not many.

Though my mom said she was bedridden for a day and apparently my uncle was bedridden for a week.

Also the more common and the wider the variety of side effects, the louder the anti-vaxx people will get and probably easier recruit people to their movement.

I’m not being arbitrary here are the list of reactions and what are “local” reactions “systemic” reactions and the “adverse” reaction tiers

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/pfizer/reactogenicity.html

you made a statement and all I asked was clarification of said statement. You’re calling my definition arbitrary when it was you that was being definitively  obtuse in the meaning of adverse

Edited by 1pooh4u

12 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I’m not being arbitrary here are the list of reactions and what are “local” reactions “systemic” reactions and the “adverse” reaction tiers

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/pfizer/reactogenicity.html

you made a statement and all I asked was clarification of said statement. You’re calling my definition arbitrary when it was you that was being definitively  obtuse in the meaning of adverse

Ok sorry, apparently I didn't know the definition of "adverse reaction." Still I think its important to consider.

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

What do you consider an “adverse” side effect, because a sore arm, and Covid like symptoms for 24-48 hours aren’t. 

Along with the 48 hours of fatigue, fever / chills, mild headache, mild attempt at a liver seizure [ it hurt and growled audibly but didn't do a squeeze-out thankfully ] , and about 14 hours where I couldn't eat or drink anything because it was not going to stay put for any length of time, I also go to watch the pattern on the carpet at the CVS move for about 15 minutes. 

And on the 23rd, I go back for another ride.

See the source image

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Along with the 48 hours of fatigue, fever / chills, mild headache, mild attempt at a liver seizure [ it hurt and growled audibly but didn't do a squeeze-out thankfully ] , and about 14 hours where I couldn't eat or drink anything because it was not going to stay put for any length of time, I also go to watch the pattern on the carpet at the CVS move for about 15 minutes. 

And on the 23rd, I go back for another ride.

See the source image

Maybe don’t if it was that bad, again that sounds like an expected, albeit severe, side effect of the vaccine. Usually it’s the second dose that triggers the immune response that most are talking about.  I don’t think more time working on the vaccine would lessen that issue 

1 minute ago, 1pooh4u said:

Maybe don’t if it was that bad, again that sounds like an expected, albeit severe, side effect of the vaccine. Usually it’s the second dose that triggers the immune response that most are talking about.  I don’t think more time working on the vaccine would lessen that issue 

I've been through far worse and was mostly prepared for it by scheduling the first shot early in the morning of my day off and the second in the evening before my full weekend off in the hopes of being able to sleep away the worst effects. Plus, they are now aware that I was one of the few who had a reaction beyond just sore arm so we'll all be watching for any ramp ups at the second shot. 

I guess my point is I'm proof of more severe adverse reactions but it's not stopping me from getting fully vaccinated. I'm very pro not-going-to-the-hospital. Hospitals suck. And they only give you those half cans of generic pop. WTF.

I mean, is there any of what you listed that isn't to be expected when you intentionally put your immune response into panic mode? Which, I'm sure you actually fully understand anyway. Maybe the liver stuff... but maybe that's just your immune system. But yeah, most seem to not. Having an immune response to the vaccine is kinda the point.

Immune Response

• Haha 4

In the scheme of things there have not been many adverse reactions to the shot at all. The number of people having adverse reactions to the vaccine that have led to death are far less than the number of people dying from Covid. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

I mean, is there any of what you listed that isn't to be expected when you intentionally put your immune response into panic mode? Which, I'm sure you actually fully understand anyway. Maybe the liver stuff... but maybe that's just your immune system. But yeah, most seem to not. Having an immune response to the vaccine is kinda the point.

Immune Response

The liver wasn't on their list but it was on mine because it's my liver and it's a little bitch sometimes. :D I was not expecting it to growl the next day - it hasn't done that in at least a few years now. The ramping up of joint pain and the nerve damage pains shooting up past my normal buffers was on their list but I was apparently the first person to have that at this time currently. The dancing carpet was new to them. :D But not completely to me. I had a similar reaction to whatever was added to my IV an hour prior to surgery a few years back [ was not the knock-out stuff ] . I watched the spots in the tiles on the ceiling form shapes then. General explanation is that the liquid levels in my eyes react strangely to saline solutions taken intravenously and goes away once things rebalance. Now that we know what levels are possible, the second shot, while it could be worse, won't be as bad as if it was all happening at 100% within moments of the first shot with no warnings. 

My boss is getting his shots despite having expressed doubts about it in the past because I went off and got mine and was still able to stagger to work the next day. So that's a positive.

12 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

The local news has been all over this with all sorts of scare quotes and fearmongering. 2 people were taken to the hospital to be absolutely safe but no one had a deadly reaction.

State officials already said that there is no reason to think this points to something bigger. The batch that caused these reactions has been pulled aside and is being tested.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

The local news has been all over this with all sorts of scare quotes and fearmongering. 2 people were taken to the hospital to be absolutely safe but no one had a deadly reaction.

State officials already said that there is no reason to think this points to something bigger. The batch that caused these reactions has been pulled aside and is being tested.

You gotta take these stories with a grain of salt, which is hard to do for laypeople like me.  It’s hard to remember shit like thousands upon thousands of people already had the vaccine. 13 bad reactions isn’t the end of times. 

3 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

You gotta take these stories with a grain of salt, which is hard to do for laypeople like me.  It’s hard to remember shit like thousands upon thousands of people already had the vaccine. 13 bad reactions isn’t the end of times. 

Thats whats so crazy about this story.  There were over 1k doses given at that same site with zero reactions. Millions of doses across the country. But those 11 bad reactions are all the news will talk about now.

• Like 1