UnevenEdge

RIP "Little" Richard Penniman

9 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

I came here to post this and before I hit the tab I was like " I'll bet tsar ass already did it" and here you are

I got into my car & the news was all these people talking about him without saying who it was.  I didn't find out until I got home & saw that a friend had changed his FB pic to Little Richard.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tsar4 said:

I was gonna rag on you for not finding live performances, but after going to youtube, it's hard as hell to find a video of him like in the 50's-70's without a bunch of awkward as fuck white folks in the background killing the vibe with their terrible dancing.

5 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

I was gonna rag on you for not finding live performances, but after going to youtube, it's hard as hell to find a video of him like in the 50's-70's without a bunch of awkward as fuck white folks in the background killing the vibe with their terrible dancing.

Unfortunately, Little Richard wasn't really included in "American Hot Wax" as "Screamin'" Jay Hawkins, Chuck Berry & Jerry Lee Lewis were.  They had a character that was supposed to represent him instead.

I've always thought that you could tell Little Richard's music was really good because 1950's America didn't automatically look at the package it came from and go "Oh hell no", because watch those videos; How could you possibly ignore the energy in that music?