UnevenEdge

AC New Horizons(3.20.20)

CountFrylock

I just got Nooks Crannies to open and two neighbors moved in. I’m honestly not much of a fan of the DIY function where I have to make the interior and exterior for all of my neighbors. It makes it so that I have to wait several days before there’s enough rock-based resources for me to finish crafting the six items they want. 

Coming out of Breath of the Wild, it’s also miserable to have the Tools break apart in the blink of an eye. The entire game just feels like a back-and-forth mad dash from where I need to be to my workshop and back. 

• 4 weeks later...

Last Saturday I finally got my island to five stars after I added more fences.

I have two golden tools now.  Also after more than a month of trying to get rid of

Leopold, he finally left.  I was hoping to get a cute squirrel or bear cub, but I settled for Biskit.

At least Biskit is cute.

Edited by blueraven1999

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

just recently i hopped back on after a long break from AC New Horizons....I don't know

it just seems like there's very little to entice me to keep playing.....i haven't even participated in the fireworks show this month that happens on sundays

I have been playing less than previous games at this point in the lifecycle (maybe once or twice a week for no more than an hour, rather than daily), but at the same time I'm recognizing (a) it is an iteration on the same game I've already binge played on and off for nearly 20 years, (b) I've got a very efficient routine down when I play, and (c) I'm a grown ass man with other things to do than play games all the time.

That being said I started picking up shells yesterday for a nookmiles task (really the first time since the original I bothered cuz there's more lucrative stuff out there), so I had an inventory full of shells today and I caught anny first arowana while standing on a bridge.

Turns out you can't drop items on bridges so I tragically had to release it which means I have to catch another for Blathers. :(

• 5 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to the Fall update though I'm still having a little fun with the game.

I actually played on the nights of the star showers and actually got several Libra star fragments which I'm happy about.

Had enough to make the Libra scales and I still have four left over so I'm going to ask some of my friends like Bloodhawk

to see if they want any.  Loved the September update of pinecones and acorns.  Had a lot of fun this month crafting those items.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2020 at 7:54 PM, Raptorpat said:

grinding material for furniture and clothes is literally what Animal Crossing is

except in past games you usually have more to do than just buy clothes and furniture

the villagers are extremely boring in new horizons to the point where you don't even want to interact with them at all

You've seen one villager in new horizons You've seen them all

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The updates are adding the seasonal content, with minor additions/QOL. There's definitely more QOL stuff they could do, but they recently announced they're going to keep doing updates for as long as the game has a player base. Also

On 10/17/2020 at 8:54 PM, Raptorpat said:

grinding material for furniture and clothes is literally what Animal Crossing is

The holiday events were *always* about grinding for exclusive furniture series and clothes.

On 10/24/2020 at 10:29 AM, blueraven1999 said:

Only in New Horizons.  Crafting wasn't in previous Animal Crossing games. 

I liked it better without the crafting to be honest.

Crafting Wasn't in previous AC Games as mentioned by this comment and crafting is where the grind comes into play

tools that break so you have to craft new ones before you can craft anything else....

events are all about collecting materials and crafting them to make more items...

before NH....Crafting didn't even exist in AC

so I'm not sure how the holiday events were always like this

Edited by CountFrylock

here is the full list of events so far: https://animalcrossing.fandom.com/wiki/Events_(New_Horizons). easter was the only holiday solely centered around crafting, with the eggs and yeah everyone agreed it was tedious because there were no other components to it. you could entirely skip crafting in the halloween event, which just helped you get most of the items prior to the actual event. thanksgiving would probably lean towards crafting - but collecting raw ingredients for franklin was part of the even in prior iterations so that.

yes, tools breaking can be annoying, and there is a definite need for QOL changes to the crafting process (crafting multiples in bulk, crafting multiple phases of tools at once), but having crafting as an additional option in and of itself is only a net positive. and there's no requirement that anyone spend time crafting. 90% of the time I play just like I did in old games - I spend a half hour or 45 minutes mentally decompressing by doing a loop around my island, finding all the fossils and talking to each villager once, working on museum stuff, then I visit the store/sell off that inventory and stop playing for the day. no one is holding a gun to anyone's head forcing them to craft and I generally don't spend any time crafting, but that the additional option is there certainly isn't a negative.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm looking forward to Festivale.  It's my favorite Animal Crossing holiday.

I've been mostly playing on my second AC island Knothole lately.  It's coming along nicely.

Got my second copy of AC for Christmas so I've been having fun with it. 

It's easier to play on my lite than the regular Switch in handheld mode.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It's been a long time since I last posted in this thread.

A couple weeks ago I finally caught my last fish on my first AC island HillValley.

I made my golden fishing rod last week.  There's one last bug and deep sea creature to catch this year before I

finish them off.  Should be able to catch the bug soon.  Think I'm only missing the golden stag.

I'd been barely playing my first copy since I've  been on my second island Knothole since just after last Christmas,

but I made a little Godzilla area recently and added toy helicopters to surround it that I bought last year. 

Plus I added a little bit of wire fence.  I think it looks pretty cool.  Also I finally decided to terraform this one area near Able Sisters

so I could have another bridge.

I've never liked terraforming so I barely did any to either of my islands.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/26/2021 at 2:24 PM, discolé monade said:

well, i've got nook's cranny upgraded 1x. the museum has the art section, able sisters are here. 

and i'm just walking around doing the same stuff. 

getting sort of boring but i'll stick with it. 

i don't see the turnip lady. or any turnips for that matter. 

Daisy Mae(The Turnip Girl)only shows up on sunday's and leaves by 12:00 PM

• Thanks 1

On 6/29/2021 at 12:57 AM, blueraven1999 said:

That's normally the case when you compare towns to your own.  Personally I prefer towns

with a more rustic feel.  I think most towns have too much stuff in them and not enough trees.

i have so many trees, and shrubs. i just got some new fencing diy's. 

it's a slow process tbs. but it's a nice distraction. 

i should put my code here. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 11:13 AM, discolé monade said:

i have so many trees, and shrubs. i just got some new fencing diy's. 

it's a slow process tbs. but it's a nice distraction. 

i should put my code here. 

Yeah it's best to play Animal Crossing a little at a time.  The Halloween fence is my favorite fence so far.

I haven't played my second copy of Animal Crossing much ever since I finished paying off my last incline last week.

Tonight I'll probably go back to playing on my first island HillValley so I can start looking for my last bug the golden stag.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The new update has been fun so far.  I've unlocked Redd, Leif, and Katrina on both of my islands so far.

I have tomatoes and potatoes on my second island and I've been growing wheat and sugarcane on my first.

Haven't found carrots yet.  I like cooking.  I wasn't going to get the paid dlc, but since I've been bored I got it for my second island.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...