UnevenEdge

Ok so Mason Rudolph just got assaulted by Myles Garrett

That_One_Guy

Update: Myles Garrett's appeal denied.

I said the following in the NFL thread, but it applies here, too.

Cliff notes: Soooooo...Myles Garrett's indefinite suspension was upheld. Also, Garrett accused Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph of instigating everything by using a racial slur at the Browns defensive star. The Steelers say Rudolph denies saying anything racist.

-------------------------------------

My opinion: First, let's address the elephant in the room. Guys -- no, people in general say things in the heat of the moment they regret after the fact all the time. That doesn't excuse anything though, especially in today's culture. So if Rudolph did say it, he was wrong. (He, through the Steelers' front office, has denied saying anything.) If he didn't say it, Garrett owes him an apology for trying to damage the young man's reputation.

Second, Myles Garrett knows he did wrong. I mean ripping Rudolph's helmet off and clubbing him over the head with it is absolutely not okay. That could've resulted in a career-ending, maybe even a life-threatening injury. He's lucky he didn't severely injure Rudolph. Also, back to point number one, if Rudolph did in fact use a racial slur, I can see Garrett losing his head to some degree as a result. But nothing, and I mean NOTHING, excuses what he did. And for all we know, he might be trying to justify his actions by making an explosive accusation such as this. Then again, he also might be saying "I know what I did was inexcusable, but here's why I reacted the way I did." Almost like a case of Chris Rock saying "I'm not saying it's right, but I understand."

So really, Myles Garrett's actions a week ago were wrong. That goes without saying. If he was provoked by a racial slur directed at him from Mason Rudolph, that makes Rudolph wrong as well. Neither action is okay. BOTH WOULD BE IN THE WRONG!

30 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Perhaps what we should be discussing is why Myles Garrett was as aggressive as he was.  There are limits to rationality that can be applied, especially when it comes to a sport where it has proven that most, it not all, of its players endure some form of traumatic brain injury.

Yes, I should've addressed this in the other thread as well.

• 2 months later...

So, Myles Garrett is tripling down on that Mason Rudolph called him the N word and that's why he took his helmet off and assaulted him.

Alright, let's assume he did call him that... do you feel it is appropriate to potentially throw your career away, a game, let your teammates down?

Most likely didnt call him that, as no one else heard it... and he waited a week to even mention it.... until his NFL hearing...

So wut do?