Jump to content
UnevenEdge
wacky1980

2020 Presidential Elections mega-thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, stilgar said:

I hope more reporters grow some balls and call him out on his shit.

His press conferences / rally time would shorten up really quickly if the first question out of anyone was a fact check inquiry. He runs every time anyone says anything 'bad' to him.

...

Do eet...

I want to see how long before the only press allowed at a press conference is the Liberty University newsletter, Breitbart, and Cat Fancy [ for any hair tips he might have for clinging cats ] . 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

President Donald Trump on Saturday afternoon openly vowed to permanently "terminate" the funding mechanism for both Social Security and Medicare if reelected in November—an admission that was seized upon by defenders of the popular safety net programs who have been warning for months that the administration's threat to suspend the payroll tax in the name of economic relief during the Covid-19 pandemic was really a backdoor sabotage effort.

Announcing and then signing a series of legally dubious executive orders, including an effort to slash the emergency federal unemployment boost by $200 from the $600 previously implemented by Democrats, Trump touted his order for a payroll tax "holiday"—which experts noted would later have to be paid back—but said if he won in November that such a cut would become permanent.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/08/08/trump-just-admitted-live-television-he-will-terminate-social-security-and-medicare?cd-origin=rss

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will just drop this here.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-promises-permanent-cut-to-payroll-tax-funding-social-security-and-medicare-if-he-s-reelected/ar-BB17JIZa?ocid=msedgntp

Basically, he wants to cut the very funding that allows old people to not die in cardboard boxes in their retirement years. Permanently. Because he doesn't know how funding things long term works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly don't even know if I'm gonna bother voting this election. I don't support or want Trump as our president, but I don't like Biden at all. Not that it matters really cause in the state of IL, the democratic nominee will always get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My old man is retired. He pissed me off last month, but I'd hate to see him end up losing his check that he paid into all because the orange tyrant decided to make an executive order.

Idc if West Virginia's red. I'm still going to vote for Biden. Shithead is ill fit to be President and Biden has more qualifications, despite how much I dislike both.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gyaos said:

My old man is retired. He pissed me off last month, but I'd hate to see him end up losing his check that he paid into all because the orange tyrant decided to make an executive order.

Idc if West Virginia's red. I'm still going to vote for Biden. Shithead is ill fit to be President and Biden has more qualifications, despite how much I dislike both.

I voted Trump in 2016 cause I despise Hillary and did not want her to be president. I supported him for the first 2 years (17 and 18) but with 2019 and 2020 I wish we had someone else, but I don't want Biden to be that someone else. My grandma is a democrat and she wants me to vote Biden.

Honestly I think Trump is trying to turn as many people against him now so that he can escape from this shit show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Distinct Lunatic said:

I honestly don't even know if I'm gonna bother voting this election. I don't support or want Trump as our president, but I don't like Biden at all. Not that it matters really cause in the state of IL, the democratic nominee will always get it.

The advice I've seen given is that if you are in a place where the voting is already a 100% given towards a particular candidate [ aka your vote wouldn't count in the slightest no matter what and neither major candidate speaks to you in the least ] to look at the third party candidates and weigh their platforms. That one vote towards say a Green Party candidate won't get them elected but it will be used to help allocate funds towards that Party in future elections so it would still technically count towards something functional. 

I would call this the nuclear option though because this upcoming election is going to need all the votes possible towards the non-Citrus candidate and the more votes towards a single non-Citrus candidate the better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Distinct Lunatic said:

I voted Trump in 2016 cause I despise Hillary and did not want her to be president. I supported him for the first 2 years (17 and 18) but with 2019 and 2020 I wish we had someone else, but I don't want Biden to be that someone else. My grandma is a democrat and she wants me to vote Biden.

Honestly I think Trump is trying to turn as many people against him now so that he can escape from this shit show.

If Trump really wanted to exit, he could always resign. But he chooses not to.

The only reason I prefer Biden is because he'd be more likely to listen to reason. He wouldn't have thrown out the pandemic plan that the Obama administration left behind, and he would have listened to scientists. The pandemic wouldn't be as strong as it is currently and we wouldn't be treated like a leper colony.

Trump needs to go. Staying home won't help anything.

Added note: Of course "staying home" is what's recommended, but with Trump attacking the postal service I think that's going to be the only way to vote this election year.

Edited by Gyaos
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

The advice I've seen given is that if you are in a place where the voting is already a 100% given towards a particular candidate [ aka your vote wouldn't count in the slightest no matter what and neither major candidate speaks to you in the least ] to look at the third party candidates and weigh their platforms. That one vote towards say a Green Party candidate won't get them elected but it will be used to help allocate funds towards that Party in future elections so it would still technically count towards something functional. 

I would call this the nuclear option though because this upcoming election is going to need all the votes possible towards the non-Citrus candidate and the more votes towards a single non-Citrus candidate the better. 

Believe it or not but despite voting T in 2016, quite literally every other candidate I voted for in all the various positions were green. That said in the 2018 midterms I voted all red.

The irony is if I want to keep my cushy, mid class union job it'd be in my best interest to vote blue and have a democratic president. Republicans typically being anti-union.

1 minute ago, Gyaos said:

If Trump really wanted to exit, he could always resign. But he chooses not to.

The only reason I prefer Biden is he'd be more likely to listen to reason. He wouldn't have thrown out the pandemic plan that the Obama administration left behind, and he would have listened to scientists. The pandemic wouldn't be as strong as it is currently and we wouldn't be treated like a leper colony.

Trump needs to go. Staying home won't help anything.

True. Could be pride, like admitting defeat and walking away with your tail between your legs. Resigning from presidency being a much more public thing than someone stepping down from a company.

At this point Biden probably would be better, and honestly I'm too tired / brain is too drained to recall off hand the reasons why I don't want Biden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll channel sponges for a moment and point out that the choice in voting won't matter, but not because of states being red or blue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, resurrected said:

A power tripping racist buffoon or a kid diddler. 

It's your time to shine America. 

Pretty much. That's one of the big reasons why I can't get behind Biden. Sanders I also wasn't a fan of. Sure, a lot of what he said sounds good at face value, but when you look at the logistics of what all he had planned there was no way any of it would have worked out, especially since he didn't have the democratic party's support really, the blue party wanted Biden or Warren, not Bernie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Distinct Lunatic said:

Pretty much. That's one of the big reasons why I can't get behind Biden. Sanders I also wasn't a fan of. Sure, a lot of what he said sounds good at face value, but when you look at the logistics of what all he had planned there was no way any of it would have worked out, especially since he didn't have the democratic party's support really, the blue party wanted Biden or Warren, not Bernie.

Bernie never needs to run again. He had his chances, and if he couldn't win the nomination over Hillary and he dropped out because Biden was so far ahead, he has no chance of ever getting in the White House. Yang wasn't looking too bad, but he dropped out quick. Same as Warren. And if Biden can't beat an impeached president, he never needs to run again either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back with Obama, I did support him back in 08, but by the time I was old enough to vote (with the 2012 elections) I didn't support him at all anymore, and I didn't want Mitt Romney. Back with that election honestly Ron Paul I preferred the most, but he never stood a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, resurrected said:

A power tripping racist buffoon or a kid diddler. 

It's your time to shine America. 

I don't know why you made the choice be between trump and trump.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, resurrected said:

Bernie never needs to run again. He had his chances, and if he couldn't win the nomination over Hillary and he dropped out because Biden was so far ahead, he has no chance of ever getting in the White House. Yang wasn't looking too bad, but he dropped out quick. Same as Warren. And if Biden can't beat an impeached president, he never needs to run again either. 

Right, and if I can put on the tin foil hat for a minute, would you trust the DNC to support Bernie in 2024 considering all the work it felt like they put in to make sure it was Hillary and Biden instead of Bernie the last two cycles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, stilgar said:

I don't know why you made the choice be between trump and trump.

Gotta keep my audience on it's toes. Glad someone picked up on that. 

I'm afraid that Trump will win again, simply because he has so many people brainwashed. 

Biden will get my vote, but I don't think he has a chance in hell. 

You would think that with everything going on, and how Trump has perpetuated it all, causing an even more massive divide in this country, that Pee Wee Herman could beat him, but Trump has exposed all the evil in this country. By that, I mean all the Nazis, racists, bigots, homophobic people, have come out of the woodwork to let their true intents be known. Several people I know personally, and always thought were decent people, have turned out to be total shit bricks, following their leader. Trump has given the people a platform to showcase their disgusting behavior and those who have done so, are having the time of their pathetic lives. I hope that Biden wins, but I just don't see it happening. I didn't think Trump would win the first time, especially given his track record as a human being. His whole ''grab em by the pussy'' remark wasn't even enough to deter voters from voting for him. But since he did win, and has continued with his same antics, only multiplied, he has the evil vote and there seems to be more evil in this country than there is good. The murder of George Floyd couldn't even bring everyone together. You got Trump down playing it like it was no big deal, and all of the white supremacists were waiting with their crosses and rebel flags to jump on the bandwagon. 

Then you've got the pandemic on top of all of that. All these people who refuse to wear a mask because Trump says it's no big deal. Walking around in public coughing on people who are wearing a mask. I'll go to jail if that happens to me, because I will fuck up an asshole if someone walks up on me coughing and calling me a sheep. This country needs change bad. But the sad thing is, not enough people in this country want the change that is needed because they are brain washed, ignorant racists, and they're happy being just that. 

I know Biden isn't the ideal choice but fuck, no one is going to be worse than Trump. People have to take this election seriously and get out and vote for Biden if we stand any chance for change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Seight said:

Right, and if I can put on the tin foil hat for a minute, would you trust the DNC to support Bernie in 2024 considering all the work it felt like they put in to make sure it was Hillary and Biden instead of Bernie the last two cycles?

No. They have shit on Bernie twice. Bernie, in my opinion, should have stayed independent and said fuck em. He had a lot of support, but sadly, not enough from the DNC. Bernie should have been in office 4 years ago. The DNC knew nobody liked Hillary and still went with her over Bernie. They knew the people liked Bernie more than Biden, and still went with Biden. So, nah. If Bernie decides to run again in 2024, he needs to stay away from the DNC and do his own thing on the independent ballot. Just my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...