UnevenEdge

Dr. Stone Episode 19 Discussion!!

Is Tsukasa the best anti-science villain the author could come up with?  In the real world, the anti-science people are the corrupt ones who want to maintain the status quo, the ones who Tsukasa hates and is culling.  And Tsukasa has the makings of a great charismatic dictator, but real dictators have used science to their advantage, in terms of weapons technology.  Not really sure what he was going for here.

I still dont think this show even needed a villain.  Just building back up the world would have been enough.  The arc of making medicine for Ruri had no villain involvement and it was great.

Just now, mochi said:

Senku: nothing's impossible Gen

Me: I dunno inventing cellular phones when there's no functional satellites or power for them to connect to seems pretty impossible

I thought cell phones used towers.  Satellite phones are something completely different.  You use those in completely off the grid areas if you need to communicate.

I still don't know how they are going to make cell phones regardless.

Just now, ben0119 said:

I thought cell phones used towers.  Satellite phones are something completely different.  You use those in completely off the grid areas if you need to communicate.

I still don't know how they are going to make cell phones regardless.

I think Cell towers still require a connection to satellites at some point in the process of sending their signal