UnevenEdge

MLB 2020: The herpaderpaderpening.

StarPanda

our bullpen is barely keeping it together.

i still believe, but with how our hitters are playing, the deeper the game goes 0-0, the worse chances are.

im thinking kris and rizzo are gonna wake up though.

Wasn't in the books dude....

I honestly think the better team won so congratulations to the Dodgers.

a repeat World Series would have been awesome but Brizzo couldn't get going and the the pitching was off at the wrong time

I'd like to see a 2-peat from my Cubbies but it's looking more and more like it's going to be an Astros/Dodgers World Series

I want to say I have the gift of foresight but both these teams were pretty hot all year

The only thing that surprised me this post season was the Yankees knocking the Indians out and taking the Astros to game 7, I didn't expect them to get good that fast

Astros win a wild one in extra innings! HOLY CRAP INDEED!

The final score (listed with home team on the bottom; winner in ALL CAPS):

Los Angeles Dodgers - 12

HOUSTON ASTROS - 13

This series has been great! It will go back to Chavez Ravine in Los Angeles for Game 6 on Halloween. Justin Verlander's scheduled to start for the Good Guys in Blue and Orange. Good things usually happen when he's on the mound.

houston-astros-earn-history-image_fb_edit-658x370.jpg

As a Cardinal fan, that was the best game since Game 6 in 2011 (as was Game 2). As a whole, this has been the best World Series since 2011 which is great since they unfortunately had to cancel the Series last year.

Uh, huh. You're just salty 'cuz the Cubs finally won it. Are you that much of a Cardinals fan that you won't even acknowledge last year happened?  :D

Then again, my good friend Mopar probably would've done the same thing if he were alive today.

It's whatever. I do however think it's funny how quickly the Scrubs went from being lovable losers to insufferable jackasses though. Between Maddon whining about everything to the Rizpect© nonsense, it's no wonder last year's Cinderella is this year's evil stepsister.

• 3 months later...
19 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

What year did Kerry Wood become a closer? I'm interested in looking up the differences in his stats between when he was a starter and when he was a closer at mlb.com.

I believe it was around the 2007 or 2008, I know they started him off as just a relief pitcher before they moved him to closer

8 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Interesting when he was at his peak he had really good strikeout, complete games, and shutout totals, but his ERA even in those seasons seems very average.

He's kind of like Jake Arrieta, when his stuff was on he was unhittable except his fastball averaged about 97-98 mph. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • wacky1980 changed the title to MLB 2018: The Season: The Thread
  • 2 weeks later...