UnevenEdge

UEMB Writing Competition Volume II [SUBMISSIONS CLOSED]

That_One_Guy

You're all gonna hate me (or hate me more) but we had a last minute addition to the judges. Not gonna reveal who it is, but it's someone who is extremely passionate about literature and this competition. It would have seriously been a shame to not let them judge. Once that person gives me their scores, the final results will be posted. I gotta say this is really turning out to be decent. I was worried literally nobody was going to participate but it really picked up at the end.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, That_One_Guy said:

You're all gonna hate me (or hate me more) but we had a last minute addition to the judges. Not gonna reveal who it is, but it's someone who is extremely passionate about literature and this competition. It would have seriously been a shame to not let them judge. Once that person gives me their scores, the final results will be posted. I gotta say this is really turning out to be decent. I was worried literally nobody was going to participate but it really picked up at the end.

...so it's not the fault of @PhilosipherStoned, is what you're saying.

• Raptorpat unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

I really wish I could have written something. Writing is something I really like to do, the problem being I feel like as I get older it gets harder and harder to find the motivation to make it happen. I've had so many ideas I've really liked over the last bunch of years but I can never commit to finishing them or in many cases starting them. Whenever I do get into it, that motivation burns out too quickly and I'll go several weeks or months even unable to get back into the groove.

It'd probably be easier to focus on doing short stories, the problem is I don't really have any experience at doing short stories or coming up with ideas that work in that format. I'm pretty good at coming up with long format stories and character arcs. Getting it down on paper is another thing though.

• 5 months later...