UnevenEdge

What games would you like to see get a remake?

Kudasai

Castlevania II: Simon's Quest 

Zombies Ate My Neighbors 

Smash TV

Mega Man Legends

Rock and Roll Racing

Solstice

Equinox

Soul Blazer

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

TMNT l: Hypetstone Heist

Zombie Nation

Dino Crisis

Jet Set Radio

WrestleMania The Arcade Game (With the current roster)

Saturday Night Slam Masters

Intelligent Cube

Super Baseball 2020

StarTropics

Chrystalis

The Guardian Legend

Edited by Kudasai

I agree with a couple in the OP. (for the most part I don't think 2D games need remakes)
An official remake of Simon's Quest that fixes the translation and slow text every time it switches between day and night would be cool.
Mega Man Legends (I'd rather get MML3 but I'd definitely take a remake as well)
Dino Crisis (they could probably just use the RE2/3 remake engine for this, so yeah get on it Capcom)

I would like a Xenogears remake, one that fixes the second disc(basically turned into a visual novel because it ran out of time/budget). I would be good with AAA graphics that would probably mean it needs to be multiple parts like FF7R or a modest budget.

F-Zero GX - just needs to be remastered and have online play added. Maybe on Nintendo's next console though, I don't think Switch could handle online play for it at 60fps. lol

Super Mario RPG - A remake of this with some new content and a higher difficulty option would be sweet.

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - Even just a straight HD remaster would be fine so there is a cheaper way to get this game. (it's $150+ on Gamecube)

Edited by Ric

A dream scenario would be if they had a remake of Capcom's JoJo's Bizarre Adventure fighting game that looked as visually impressive as Dragon Ball FighterZ or Guilty Gear.

If they remade Persona 2 Innocent Sin & Eternal Punishment with the same interface/combat as 5, I'd be ecstatic. 

Jet Set Radio & Jet Set Radio Future would look kickass with this generation's graphics capabilities.

Final Fantasy VIII would be nice to see updated. FFVIII had enough flaws that a comprehensive remake wouldn't need to live up to as many lofty expectations as VII, and the game would actually benefit from things like adding new elements to the story or rehauling the combat to be geared towards an action RPG system.

It might not be a remake, but a home console version of Kid Icarus Uprising and Persona 4 Golden would be nice as well.

Hmmmm

Rygar

Wing Commander

The D&D gold box series (Pool of Radiance/Krynn)

Gladius

Altered Beast

Phantom Dust

Metal Dungeon ( I feel like this was half the game it could have been, like there was supposed to be much more content to it )

Septerra Core

The Soul Blazer Trilogy should definitely get an updo.  Dragon Quest IX needs a remake the way VII got remade on the 3DS.  In fact, all Dragon Quest titles should get the DQVIII 3DS treatment.  And considering Legend of Dragoon's original code is gone, that will have to be remade if it's to make an appearance anywhere else.

On 1/4/2020 at 3:49 PM, GunStarHero said:

There are plenty I can think of, but the main one I've been scratching my head over is Burnout 3: Takedown. Why they ported Revenge and remastered Paradise boggles my mind. There has to be a licensing issue preventing it from happening. 

Burnout Revenge makes sense because X360 was just out at the time. And Paradise being as it was in HD already probably took a lot less effort to remaster than Takedown would. I'd like to Takedown HD as well though, surprised I didn't think of that for my post.

On 1/4/2020 at 7:07 PM, GuyBeardmane said:

And considering Legend of Dragoon's original code is gone, that will have to be remade if it's to make an appearance anywhere else.

I just got this on PS3 about a month ago, haven't had the chance to see the original holds up yet.