UnevenEdge

They focused on gameplay pretty hard in Fallout 4 (spoilers)

Lasty

I love how they nerfed power armor by making repairs necessary often and adding the fusion core thing, how they added the robot workshop, and how robots are so much harder to destroy in general. VATS only slowing time instead of stopping it is cool too, although they could have stood to have it slow time down less. Everything is scrappable, recyclable and I feel a lot more like a post apocalyptic scavenger. I think it still needed durability for all equippable items after the fashion of New Vegas; it seems odd that they went all out on making resource accumulation such a big obstacle for everything else only to make it so you don't have to worry about your gun breaking ever? I haven't played on the hardest difficulty yet, so maybe it's still a thing when you change that, I hope... All in all, these changes seem to have been made at the expense of story and plot as much of the game is redundant settlement bolstering and the plot points that are there aren't as well written as in 3 and NV....   all in all I give Fallout 4 an 8/10. Better attention to detail in the writing and item durability would have made this one of my favorite games of all time. NV is slightly better at 9.5/10...