UnevenEdge

Leakage Confirmed

Guest TRUMP2020

24 minutes ago, Jman said:

Here I thought you’d be happy with it, since the film allegedly goes out of its way to shit on TLJ.

I haven't seen the film yet, but I've read the second most up to date leaks, I skipped the final update to them to try to add some mystery to a film that I otherwise completely spoiled for myself.

A lot of what I read didn't sound bad on paper, this being one of the last versions of the film (them doing like 8+ versions), so on paper it sounded alright enough but it always comes down to how it's executed on screen.

Without saying much about the film, one thing I will say is with the original versions of the script Kathleen Kennedy and Abrams were essentially going to kill off everyone that isn't native to the sequels, plus 2 more. That includes R2, 3PO, Lando, Leia (understandable on this one), Chewie and more. Now supposedly only 2 people aside from Leia kick the bucket (I don't consider that a spoiler considering Carrie Fisher died, which makes it obvious that they'll give her character a send off, kind of like how with Star Trek they did a send off for old Spock/Leonard Nimoy who died).

So in short, I think the film will be enjoyable to some degree, and not like TLJ where every possible choice tore the fanbase apart, but there will be very key moments in this one that could cause a lot of outrage.

• Like 1

My favorite movie reviewer on Youtube, Jeremy Jahns, posted his spoiler free video of the film, he does a gotcha with the thumbnail where he looks all happy and excited, but in the video he gets straight to the point that there wasn't one single thing that he liked about the film. The pacing was very atrocious, like every couple of minutes there'd be one transition after another. He mentions how the sequel trilogy completely wasted John Boyega and his character. Talking about how we already got a kid from a desert planet (Luke, Anakin), we already had a scoundrel (Han), and how it would have been pretty neat seeing a Stormtrooper defecting and becoming one of the main characters, but how after The Force Awakens John Boyega/Finn has only been used for reactions and not actually pushing the plot or story. He talked about how even Adam Driver had a lot of wasted potential. He then mentions how even more bullshit OP they made Rey with the new powers and abilities they give her.

At the end of his video he went on to state that The Rise of Skywalker is his least favorite Star Wars film, which to me says a lot since I've been a watcher of JJ's since 2011/12, and he was the kind of guy that was very vocal about how he doesn't like the prequels at all, and how he really enjoyed TFA. Although around a month or so ago, after Bob Iger's statement about SW, and how Kathleen and others were treating George Lucas and how he felt betrayed by them all, Jeremy made a video talking about it and how he finally went back and watched the prequels, watching them with an open mind and having the whole picture to look at now, the clone wars show I believe is something that gave him a better picture of what George did with the prequels, and Jeremy finally came to appreciate them, talking about how everything that happened in them happened for a reason, and how George had everything planned out, they could have been filmed better, but he finally viewed them better.

For me, my best to worst listing would be: Empire Strikes Back, Revenge of the Sith, Return of the Jedi, A New Hope, The Phantom Menace, Rogue One, Attack of the Clones, Solo, The Force Awakens, and then The Last Jedi. I haven't seen this film yet, but imma bet it will be as low as the TLJ if not worse.

Edited by Dread Pirate Roberts

Guest TRUMP2020
9 hours ago, Jman said:

Here I thought you’d be happy with it, since the film allegedly goes out of its way to shit on TLJ.

Why would I be happy about Disney-era Star Wars? Rian Johnson did irreparable damage to the brand and making light of a few moments from the last film is far from enough to save this trainwreck.