UnevenEdge

Dr. Stone Episode 16 Discussion!!!

4 hours ago, Roymustang1990 said:

Man,Lillian was a hottie ❤️

I wonder what happened to her

lillian-weinberg-143437.jpg?t=1522473059

My guess is that she lived a nice happy life with her 5 companions, mothered many children, and died of natural causes some 5700 years ago...

...once the shock of being one of only 5 people left on Earth that weren't turned to stone wore off, of course.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/dr-stone/episode-14-15-16/.152550

Ratings: 3.5, 4.5, and 3. Yeah, I'll admit that of the most recent batch of 3, the middle episode last week was probably the best!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Why doesn't this village have writing? Those Hundred Tales could change a lot over the generations. And how did it happen that nobody managed to say the name of the village in front of Senku before now?

Ishigami Byakuya?! This is too many Byakuyas! It was bad enough that InuYasha created a character named that after we already had Byakuya Kuchiki!

What was the point of hiding his face?

I guess JAXA must do their astronaut selection different from NASA. I think NASA recruits more than once every 10 years, and maybe someone would get disqualified for failing a clothed swimming test, I dunno. I figure that test is for the spacecraft crash lands in the ocean and they have to swim to save themselves?

Senku was up to scientific shenanigans at quite an early age, heh.

I see that they are going with space as it currently is. No new spacecraft or anything. When is this supposed to take place?

Well, now we know who Kohaku and Ruri got their genes from. :)

Hmm, I had read and I thought also heard in a documentary that boobs get bigger in space, but now I can't find it!

I was confused there for a minute. I thought at first Lillian was an astronaut pretending to be a singer, but she is actually a singer, but put on a diva act?

But the accent is real? 😧 Well, better than the southern accents in Food Wars, and better than how Erina talks.

Yakov looks like Jamie from Mythbusters. :D

What is up with Talia's lips?

Hmm, Connie looks like she is of Chinese descent. And she went from staffer at NASA to astronaut?

Oh yeah, Ginro looks like he is descended from Shamil.

Why is Lillian the only one's hair effected by lack of gravity? Yakov and Talia's hair are short, Yakov has a mohawk even. But Byakuya and Shamil hair should be up, and while Connie has her hair in pigtails, I don't think the hair framing her face would stay in place like that.

I thought NASA instituted a rule against sending couples into space. Maybe the Russians are looser with that.

Wow, she actually sang. I assume this was dubbed? Not bad.

She's popular the world over!

Nice use of the real animated NASA streaming logo there.

If that Kaljinyu guy was still here, he'd be bitching up a storm right now. I remember he dropped Casshern after they used that insert song a third time LOL.

Well, Lillian sounds like a great person. And looks like she grew up poor too.

Send your son a message. 😧

Wow, all those swallows turned to stone. Didn't realize it was that widespread or that Senku knew so much about it already.

Nutrient jelly... come on dude.

The ramen is wondrous!

Ah hell... the whole Earth?!

Looks like the blast started in North America, or maybe the North Pole?

I like that they actually referenced Twitter and not some made up thing.

Yeah it looks like these last 6 people have to save the 7 billion others?!

Kent Williams played Senku's dad. How fitting, considering Alphonse, and his dad. :) Wait, Kent Williams just played Father, but not Hohenheim? And Scott McNeil played Hohenheim in the original series. I'd re-watch the dub of either FMA series, but, ya know. But, listening to the clips on Behind the Voice Actors, John Swasey as Hohenheim sounds JUST like Kent Williams as Father! Weird! And well, Aaron Dismuke only played Alphonse in the original series, anyway. Oh well.

I also didn't remember that he played Supreme Kai. He must alter his voice a lot for that character.

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Who the hell is "Milly"?

Her name is/was "Lillian!"

Lul I heard Milly when I watched it for some reason.  In the credits I saw Lillian and figured I must have misheard... every time apparently.  Because I think her name is said multiple times by different characters.  I thought I edited every instance of Milly to Lillian in the post, but I guess not lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

Lul I heard Milly when I watched it for some reason.  In the credits I saw Lillian and figured I must have misheard... every time apparently.  Because I think her name is said multiple times by different characters.  I thought I edited every instance of Milly to Lillian in the post, but I guess not lol.

Maybe it DOES sound like "Milly" without the captions on? But I watched the episode with them, and without fail it was "Lillian!"

8 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Maybe it DOES sound like "Milly" without the captions on? But I watched the episode with them, and without fail it was "Lillian!"

Must have been.  There's no way they would misname a character in the credits.  It's funny too because I even re-watched a few segments multiple times, like her intro, because I was confused if she was an astronaut pretending to be a singer, because Yakov had never heard of her.  But she was an actual singer who was pretending to be a diva LOL.  At first I was mad because they made the American character an obnoxious celebrity space tourist, but it turned out to be a joke.  Her evil face was funny, too.  I also watched to the song part a few times over.  But yeah even with re-watching parts of the ep a few times I still swore I was hearing Milly.

Anyway, I edited and got rid of the other usages of "Milly" in my post lol.

It makes me want to re-watch the episode in whole to make sure I'm not going deaf or crazy! xD

And I almost never use captions except for CW Shows sometimes.  I often find myself backing up a scene after turning on captions to understand what the hell someone said.  I thought it was just a DC thing, but its present in Supergirl, Batwoman, as well as the new Charmed.  Terrible mumble-mouths on that network!

Edited by ben0119