UnevenEdge

It's my first day off in a while..

PhilosipherStoned

I think I'm about as caught up on sleep as Imma get. but I still feel drained. Someone wants me to collab with them on some old soundcloud track remakes of theres... When I worked with them first they were pretty new, but now they've probably gotten better at music production and scoring.. This guy dropped his number and actually wants me to call him. Where is the 720 area code?

Denver, Colorado... Hmm. Not sure if I should call this number yet. Never know what kind of people you're going to end up talking to when it comes to music, but this "collective" as he calls it has always seemed pretty chill and down to earth though.. IDK I told him I've been a bit too broke to think about music, and he said something like well if we talk maybe I can help or we can at least work something out. Shit. Idk man. :|

13 hours ago, Vela said:

Money!  It's a crime.

Idk, I feel like I need to know more about the sitch before forming an opinion.  But it kinda sounds like you're not into it right now.

😩 The thing is I totally am.. I just cant really talk to people about the shit I've had going on because it's been madness... idk. It's my fault I'm jacked up right, and this guys just offering to "help" because he wants me to rap or something.. No. It's like stuff that happens here idk. Just when it comes to music I don't like to bring my problems to the table... I guess I'm taking this as my day off though I havent had a day off in like week + and I think it's really getting to me atm. Plus... That's just how doing music shit always is...

Nobody ever hits me up for stuff like that when I'm doing good right.. I'm gonna figure this shit out though I just don't want to bring my financial situation to the music table atm and this guy is being too understanding? lol. Seems fishy. I mean I know these guys, but I don't want them to feel like my problems are theres so fuck it. 

Also I didn't have a day off yesterday I was called in around noon, and stayed till about midnight there. I was told I could come in today, but I had a tenant moving out who's kind of a special needs guy, and he can't really explain what's going on unless you put a sentence together for him half the time, but he's moving back into his grandmothers house because of her health concerns and stuff..

Madness... I don't even know. Fuck it though I'm not working today!

4 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Internet collaborations have been a pretty common thing in music for some years now, but I just can't imagine me ever wanting to do it. I like being in the same physical space as my band mates.

I'm the same way.. 9 times out of 10 when I do things like that in the hip hop genre... i.e try to collab with a soundcloud rapper or whatever they aint serious... Like I'll give you one guy in general I tried to collab with who has tracks that out class anything I've done idk.. He couldn't do shit for himself though.. It was like I was gonna have to do all the studio work even though this guy out classed me with his published works, and I just couldn't do it. It was like he expected me to be a paid audio engineer because the raw shit he gave me so trash I had to straight up tell him that at the time..

I mean he's a great rapper, but when it came to the tech aspects he didn't know shit...

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

These guys do strictly hiphop beats and things I could only call musical scoring... The guy reaching out to me has always seemed like he understands the same things.. At least he's in the U.S I guess... I've collaborated mostly with European people, but some of the people I have worked with like that are so good at making abroad things happen they've won my respect...