UnevenEdge

OPM Marathon on 12/21

CountFrylock

MHA will only be 5 weeks behind. It premiered on October 12th, but for some reason it didn't air one week.

Fire Force, so what? It's down to only the last few episodes of its cour anyway. I think it's taking a break in early 2020 to come back in April or July. If that's the case, when it goes on Toonami hiatus for 3 weeks, there will only be 5 episodes left.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 11:46 PM, OwlChemist81 said:

MHA will only be 5 weeks behind. It premiered on October 12th, but for some reason it didn't air one week.

Fire Force, so what? It's down to only the last few episodes of its cour anyway. I think it's taking a break in early 2020 to come back in April or July. If that's the case, when it goes on Toonami hiatus for 3 weeks, there will only be 5 episodes left.

Got a lot to say about this and I apologize for the long post. As a person who loves the block but is aware of their shortcomings compared to streaming, I’m starting to wonder what they are trying to be: 

My wife told me that if they do one more marathon, she was abandoning the airings of the Funimation shows because she’s tired of being artificially behind to support a block that doesn’t seem to care about being current. So this actually now will stop us from watching certain shows together unless I do as well.

I actually thought they were serious this year about prioritizing at least being current with simuldubs I stress of adhering to these holiday marathons that are 5 days away from the actual holiday. I was hoping they would understand the importantance of at least being somewhat current with streaming.

Because of this we are going from a week behind Fire Force to a month and MHA 3 weeks to 5 weeks. And Funimation isn’t stopping at all with those 2. I wonder if Japan will even take off since the episodes air Friday and Saturday - removed from the actual holiday. If you’re someone who watches Toonami only, you start to lag behind the current discussion. 

I really wanted them to get serious this year about the importance of not falling behind. I know we’ve come a long way, but the need to completely take the shows off for holidays being more important with staying current, just shows how stuck in the past they are. Other networks that air originals on Sundays (including AS) won’t be taking hiatuses. You seldom see cable networks completely shut down. Broadcast is another story. 

Ratings wise, they may be fine. But it is getting harder to justify Toonami as a viable option to watch new anime when they still cling to the old practices of TV that is becoming obsolete in the age of streaming, DVR, and OD. 

Of course, this wouldn’t be an issue if Funimation wouldn’t have had them on a delay to begin with..

I know it sounds like a broken record, but I really wanted Toonami to be a real destination for new content and a force in the anime industry rather than just getting the scraps left over from streaming. I think that if streaming isn’t stopping for “holidays” than Toonami shouldn’t either. It just makes them seem more of a relic of the past 

They really need to get that by doing this stuff, they can lose potential audience who may jump over to the stream. And honestly, they may not want to pay for Funimation, but that’s not where people go. Is Toonami really content just being for the people who don’t know better or don’t care? Maybe they are. Maybe the block isn’t for people like me anymore. Obviously it holds an important place in my fandom and it’s hard to let it go, but it’s hard to justify staying behind when the shows are right there and streaming doesn’t break for the holidays 

Edited by brianycpht
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, brianycpht said:

I have a wife who told me that if they do one more marathon, she was abandoning the airings of the Funimation shows because she’s tired of being artificially behind to support a block that doesn’t seem to care about being current. So this actually now will stop us from watching certain shows together unless I do as well.

Your wife sounds like a very impatient person, and also not your only wife. ("My wife told me..." would be better wording, TBH.)

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

Your wife sounds like a very impatient person, and also not your only wife. ("My wife told me..." would be better wording, TBH.)

Noted. I do talk to text so it does that.

She’s new to anime fandom, prefers dubs, and has a work group who discuss the shows and she constantly gets spoilers because no one watches Toonami besides her. They actually makes fun of her for doing that when even simuldubs are ahead and she could watch those. Black Clover especially ridiculous being 12 (soon to be 14) weeks behind 

3 hours ago, elfie said:

You should tell your wife that Funimation is itself making some simuldub delays in favor of giving their employees a holiday break.

Yeah I was surprised to find that Kono Oto Tomare (a Saturday show) and Africa Salaryman (a Sunday show) didn't upload new dubbed episodes on Thanksgiving weekend but it makes sense.

They get MHA episodes early but if there's a week off in Japan, they'll have to take a week off as well. That has already happened once and could happen in late December.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Sketch said:

Yeah I was surprised to find that Kono Oto Tomare (a Saturday show) and Africa Salaryman (a Sunday show) didn't upload new dubbed episodes on Thanksgiving weekend but it makes sense.

They get MHA episodes early but if there's a week off in Japan, they'll have to take a week off as well. That has already happened once and could happen in late December.

3 hours ago, elfie said:

You should tell your wife that Funimation is itself making some simuldub delays in favor of giving their employees a holiday break.

I actually have mentioned that and I think she gets that because it’s a production thing. The episodes don’t exist in dub form yet. But in Toonami’s case, they have them ready to go and are just not airing them because of what we both perceive to be an outdated TV practice when live viewership isn’t the end all be all. It’s particularly frustrating for her when she already is hanging back several episodes to watch with me on the block when the episodes are already dubbed and available. To delay further just makes it seem more of a less efficient way to watch

TBH, we record the majority of the block and watch it throughout the week. We’ve also traveled and watched the app while on the go. We would continue to do so every week regardless of a holiday/vacation . So to us, it seems silly to have to pause the block because they feel like “no one watches TV” the 2nd half of December. I’ve mentioned it before, but all the normal shows she watches on other cable networks that air in Sundays continue without interruption as do many AS originals. I don’t understand why Toonami in particular needs to be off 5 days before each holiday. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Do y'all not watch The Walking Dead on AMC? It's taking off not only December, but January as well, returning in February.

Yeah, but we also don’t have the next 8 episodes of that on a competing streaming service ready to watch the way it’ll eventually air on TV.  They’d lose all their viewers 

Edited by brianycpht

11 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

True, but it DOES have a way to watch those episode streaming 48 hours earlier, and yet TWD isn't doing as well as it used to be doing in the ratings, but it's still doing well!

At least in that regard, AMC owns the platform it streams on so it still helps them. In the case of Toonami, FunimationNow (or pirate sites) get the benefit. If it was CR, HBOMAX or AS.com, it’d be a different story 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CountFrylock said:

why does this myth that nobody watches television during the holidays still exist?

you might as well say nobody plays video games on the holidays and that's just as stupid of a statement to make...

People are more likely to travel for big holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving. It’s not that people don’t watch TV during those holidays but many are less likely to be able to maintain their regular viewing habits while traveling. They’re also more likely to watch event programming, especially holiday centered specials and sports. So networks don’t tend to air their regular programming on the weekends surrounding major holidays.

When you go on a trip, are you always able to watch Adult Swim where ever you go? Hell, with all the cord cutting going on folks are much more likely to visit a relative who does not have access to Adult Swim live or on-demand. And if you’re on a trip and having a good time doing something out of the ordinary on Saturday night, will you really make sure to watch Toonami? On convention weekends and family trips, I generally don’t. I’m too busy to stay up late watching Toonami and too busy to watch it on-demand until I get home. Same goes for watching streaming shows even if I have my phone and access to the internet. I’m not forgoing a rare opportunity to watch my regular anime. So I honestly appreciate a week off from Toonami in those instances.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sketch said:

People are more likely to travel for big holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving. It’s not that people don’t watch TV during those holidays but many are less likely to be able to maintain their regular viewing habits while traveling. They’re also more likely to watch event programming, especially holiday centered specials and sports. So networks don’t tend to air their regular programming on the weekends surrounding major holidays.

When you go on a trip, are you always able to watch Adult Swim where ever you go? Hell, with all the cord cutting going on folks are much more likely to visit a relative who does not have access to Adult Swim live or on-demand. And if you’re on a trip and having a good time doing something out of the ordinary on Saturday night, will you really make sure to watch Toonami? On convention weekends and family trips, I generally don’t. I’m too busy to stay up late watching Toonami and too busy to watch it on-demand until I get home. Same goes for watching streaming shows even if I have my phone and access to the internet. I’m not forgoing a rare opportunity to watch my regular anime. So I honestly appreciate a week off from Toonami in those instances.

I’m finding more and more cable networks (especially on Sundays) are airing their regular shows weekends before the holiday 

Like all of these networks Thanksgiving weekend (when they decided to also not air Rick and http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-sunday-cable-originals-network-finals-12-1-2019.html

(New Years Weekend 2018) http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-sunday-cable-originals-network-finals-12-30-2018.html 

(Christmas weekend 2018http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-sunday-cable-originals-network-finals-12-23-2018.html

Networks like Bravo, TLC, snd E air new programming on those weekends and have healthy viewership , so I don’t understand why AS has an issue with it when you see other networks can not put their shows on hiatus for 3 weeks. 

Is it because it’s Saturday and that’s  riskier?Is DVR not a factor? So only live viewers matter?

I’m guessing it’s because Toonami pays for each airing and they only get one shot to make a rating. 

Edited by brianycpht

4 hours ago, Sketch said:

If I go out on Saturday nights (as I probably will this weekend), I still usually watch whatever Toonami shows are left on the East Coast when I get home. Sometimes I switch over to the west coast feed and watch a couple of those before going to bed as well, but I'm always recording everything and watching on-demand later.

I also have been known to pull out my smartphone and watch the [as] app during breaks in live music shows for instance. But lately for me the shows are REALLY compelling (ESPECIALLY the first 4), so it becomes a lot harder to do that.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, brianycpht said:

I’m finding more and more cable networks (especially on Sundays) are airing their regular shows weekends before the holiday 

Like all of these networks Thanksgiving weekend (when they decided to also not air Rick and http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-sunday-cable-originals-network-finals-12-1-2019.html

(New Years Weekend 2018) http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-sunday-cable-originals-network-finals-12-30-2018.html 

(Christmas weekend 2018http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-sunday-cable-originals-network-finals-12-23-2018.html

Networks like Bravo, TLC, snd E air new programming on those weekends and have healthy viewership , so I don’t understand why AS has an issue with it when you see other networks can not put their shows on hiatus for 3 weeks. 

Is it because it’s Saturday and that’s  riskier?Is DVR not a factor? So only live viewers matter?

I’m guessing it’s because Toonami pays for each airing and they only get one shot to make a rating. 

whatever the case maybe...nobody likes these hiatus's and all it does is push the people who actually care about toonami closer and closer to just streaming that stuff

if you really cared about those shows why would you restrict yourself to watching them when toonami says you should watch them when that means being several weeks behind?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

whatever the case maybe...nobody likes these hiatus's and all it does is push the people who actually care about toonami closer and closer to just streaming that stuff

if you really cared about those shows why would you restrict yourself to watching them when toonami says you should watch them when that means being several weeks behind?

We all basically do that with some shows currently airing on Toonami.

Personally there are some shows I don’t mind waiting to watch (Dr. Stone, Fire Force, OPM S2, JoJo, Demon Slayer, Food Wars, Lupin) and some shows I like being up to date on whenever possible (MHA and SAO currently). I waited for the dubs of OPM, DS, JoJo and Lupin and did not keep up with the subs so that they’d be new to me on Toonami. Fire Force is close enough and not a must watch so I can wait. I just haven’t been diligent with Dr. Stone lately so now Toonami is almost up to where I left off. But I will admit I have considered finishing the second season of OPM subbed but I’d still rather watch the dub.

• Like 2

On 12/6/2019 at 6:41 PM, CountFrylock said:

someone  noted with this in play(and the new years marathon)  MHA S4 will be at least 6 weeks behind and Fire Force Will Be 4 weeks behind

They are giving up the near simuldub status of their shows with these foolish marathons!

It's always a double-edged sword. We didn't even get a topical promo for the most recent episode of MHA (luckily, we DO have one for this episode, however. Hopefully it airs on TV during the 2 shows before. If they're smart, they'll air it during Steven Universe Future as well...but I digress). Being 5 weeks behind probably has no worse of an effect on viewership than being 3 weeks behind--and it ensures that we get those all-important topicals! That's probably why we didn't get them for Fire Force--being so close to the dub premiere of that show, they decided not to bother. Fire Force may be losing its almost simuldub status, but with only 5 episodes left when it returns, I'm not sure how much it matters. Same goes for Dr. Stone and its 8 episode remainder for 2020, but at least it got a marathon to raise "hype" for that! The former is ending, worst case scenario, though it may actually only be taking a break like the latter. I guess we'll see!

I wish there were more bilateral Space Dandy style agreements on shows in which all promotional materials in both languages gets released simultaneously on both coasts, but that's just not the reality we live in.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/12/2019 at 5:23 AM, CountFrylock said:

why does this myth that nobody watches television during the holidays still exist?

you might as well say nobody plays video games on the holidays and that's just as stupid of a statement to make...

On 12/12/2019 at 6:54 AM, Sketch said:

People are more likely to travel for big holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving. It’s not that people don’t watch TV during those holidays but many are less likely to be able to maintain their regular viewing habits while traveling.

And not to mention, you can still play video games wherever you travel to. Why spend much effort than finding a TV and/or arranging the time to watch your shows when you can just grind points for an event in one of the iDOLM@STER mobile games? Heck, I sometimes do that when the normal lineup is on! 😋

11 hours ago, ben0119 said:

They are giving up the near simuldub status of their shows with these foolish marathons!

Point taken, but I'm not sure what the advantage of near-simuldub status is compared to a moldy oldie whose episodes were first available dubbed three years ago.

I probably shouldn't be participating in this refried marathon complaining discussion, but I'm feeling merciful today. And at least no one's made a thread for the Dr. Stone marathon yet. Frankly, if we could have a dedicated thread for this kind of stuff which announces what marathons are coming up next in the OP, that's a forum improvement I could get behind.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blatch said:

And not to mention, you can still play video games wherever you travel to. Why spend much effort than finding a TV and/or arranging the time to watch your shows when you can just grind points for an event in one of the iDOLM@STER mobile games? Heck, I sometimes do that when the normal lineup is on! 😋

Point taken, but I'm not sure what the advantage of near-simuldub status is compared to a moldy oldie whose episodes were first available dubbed three years ago.

I probably shouldn't be participating in this refried marathon complaining discussion, but I'm feeling merciful today. And at least no one's made a thread for the Dr. Stone marathon yet. Frankly, if we could have a dedicated thread for this kind of stuff which announces what marathons are coming up next in the OP, that's a forum improvement I could get behind.

Funimation will never allow these shows to premeire on Toonami without Japanese intervention as long as FunimationNow exists. Even for a CR property like Dr. Stone or Mob. They have too much of a reason to hold them back in order to drive traffic to their site 

2 hours ago, brianycpht said:

Funimation will never allow these shows to premeire on Toonami without Japanese intervention as long as FunimationNow exists. Even for a CR property like Dr. Stone or Mob. They have too much of a reason to hold them back in order to drive traffic to their site 

So I guess the mentalities that brought the dubs of Space Dandy and Dimension W to Toonami before Funimation posted them on their own site is now changed.

Edited by elfie

2 hours ago, elfie said:

So I guess the mentalities that brought the dubs of Space Dandy and Dimension W to Toonami before Funimation posted them on their own site is now changed.

I think that was before the simuldub initiative really took off. I think AS was in a position in 2016 to make an arrangement, but they got other titles instead and Funimation started doing their own thing 

On 12/14/2019 at 10:05 PM, brianycpht said:

I think that was before the simuldub initiative really took off. I think AS was in a position in 2016 to make an arrangement, but they got other titles instead and Funimation started doing their own thing 

Space Dandy and Dimension W were a testing of the waters and proof of concept for the simuldub.  And true simuldubs, not a few weeks behind like on Funimation Now.  Then after being satisfied with the results on Toonami, Funimation started the simuldub thing and left Toonami out in the cold.  Kind of feels like a backstab.  But at least the Chicken Littles of the time were wrong about simuldub FuniNow shows never being able to be on Toonami or having to have super long waits.  Still sucks that Toonami got kinda screwed over like that though. 

Then again I haven't followed the ratings much for a while so I don't know if dub premieres do better than dubs a few weeks old, and how they compare to months or even years old dubs.  But it's the principle of the thing! 

And it just seems like a bad move on DeMarco's part to pointlessly make the dubs fall further behind Funimation Now or wherever else, regardless of how many episodes are left.

I don't watch ahead because I'd rather discuss on this forum, than elsewhere where there's probably little traffic, or spoilers all over the place, not to mention likely worse communities in general.  There's also the fact that I've got it so built into my routine to watch Toonami that I am guaranteed to watch these shows.  I find it difficult to watch shows off-Toonami, both to make time and to remember to watch.  I still have a hard time remembering to watch stuff on streaming sites, which is why I fell off with NXT for a long time until it started coming on USA.  TV I almost never forget to watch and if I do it gets recorded and is right there on my show list.  I also have tons of other stuff occupying my time like DVR backlog, other shows I watch on TV, YouTube, website articles, and other hobbies, etc.

But it's still a frustrating situation that DeMarco has created, tantalizing and tempting some viewers.  Some will have the patience to wait, or preference for Toonami viewing and discussion, or lack of time, or lack of access to the streaming services, or maybe bad internet, to prevent them from watching ahead, but not all.

Edited by ben0119
  • D'oh 1

On 12/14/2019 at 5:59 PM, elfie said:

It sucks for Toonami but these companies with their own streaming platforms probably should be offering the best shows they have exclusively to their paying subscribers for at least a week or two. If Toonami wants to circumvent that they have to make it the deal worth while. Before they could guarantee greater exposure by simply airing shows but now they can't really make that claim despite how many homes have Cartoon Network still.

I don't think the lack of FUNimation simuldubs was entirely due to FUNimation taking some balls and going home though. Toonami's strategy in 2016, 2017 and especially 2018 was largely to depend on proven franchises. There were probably a lot of shows that FUNimation pitched to Toonami that ultimately were passed over for Hunter x Hunter, Gundam: IBO, One-Punch Man, JoJo, more DBZ Kai, Dragon Ball Super, Gundam Unicorn, a new season of Samurai Jack,Tokyo Ghoul, Lupin the 3rd,  an fresh run of Outlaw Star, more Attack on Titan, My Hero Academia,  sequels to FLCL, Boruto, Mob Psycho 100, more SAO, etc. Come 2019 they seemed a bit more willing to try untested properties like The Promised Neverland, Food Wars, Fire Force and Dr. Stone. Dimension W was the last time they dared to pick up a show around the time it started airing in Japan. FUNimation probably wanted Fire Force to be as visible as possible but Toonami was committing to a show that had only just started airing in Japan. I think someone making decisions finally realized that it was important to get shows while they are still hot. Not everyone will wait. At this point I'm feeling like a sucker for not watching Mob Psycho 100 season 2 yet but I hope my patience will be rewarded soon.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Sketch said:

It sucks for Toonami but these companies with their own streaming platforms probably should be offering the best shows they have exclusively to their paying subscribers for at least a week or two. If Toonami wants to circumvent that they have to make it the deal worth while. Before they could guarantee greater exposure by simply airing shows but now they can't really make that claim despite how many homes have Cartoon Network still.

I don't think the lack of FUNimation simuldubs was entirely due to FUNimation taking some balls and going home though. Toonami's strategy in 2016, 2017 and especially 2018 was largely to depend on proven franchises. There were probably a lot of shows that FUNimation pitched to Toonami that ultimately were passed over for Hunter x Hunter, Gundam: IBO, One-Punch Man, JoJo, more DBZ Kai, Dragon Ball Super, Gundam Unicorn, a new season of Samurai Jack,Tokyo Ghoul, Lupin the 3rd,  an fresh run of Outlaw Star, more Attack on Titan, My Hero Academia,  sequels to FLCL, Boruto, Mob Psycho 100, more SAO, etc. Come 2019 they seemed a bit more willing to try untested properties like The Promised Neverland, Food Wars, Fire Force and Dr. Stone. Dimension W was the last time they dared to pick up a show around the time it started airing in Japan. FUNimation probably wanted Fire Force to be as visible as possible but Toonami was committing to a show that had only just started airing in Japan. I think someone making decisions finally realized that it was important to get shows while they are still hot. Not everyone will wait. At this point I'm feeling like a sucker for not watching Mob Psycho 100 season 2 yet but I hope my patience will be rewarded soon.

I think you are correct in that Toonami could’ve made more deals like DW but went with “bigger” shows rather than unproven ones. I really think they couldn’t gotten MHA back then but went a different route. It was even mentioned at one point that they waited to see if MHA would be "big" before deciding to go after it, you just can't do that anymore, it's too late then. There were people at IGN who mentioned that Toonami got MHA and they were kind of like "I guess thats good for people that don't have good internet". A TV airing of a popular anime is seen as a syndicated rerun at best, which would be great for a rewatch if they aired 5 days a week, but they don't. Up until this year, it seemed that the strategy was "wait to see if its popular and people ask for it and not take a chance". You have to air newer shows now, it might even be too late for Mob2.  Airing too far away from the sub doesn't help either and dub premeires of shows 6 months old don't tend to do better than a few week old dubs of newer shows. You just can't assume people will tune in because it is "popular" or just because you like it.

I think they need to make an arrangement similar to the deal that AS had with FOX at one point:

1.  Funimation can premeire the dubs on their service a week or 2 behind broadcast

2. it is also announced that Toonami will get it on a delay. This will take away the uncertainty for people who want to know.

3. Toonami airs the show on Funimation's schedule and does not break if they don't break, holidays or not (especially if the holiday is 5 days away from the weekend). If they both want to suspend broadcast, then thats fine, but Funimation is only allowed to be 2 weeks ahead of them.

4. Toonami is allowed to close the gap if Funimation has a delay. This allows Funimation and Toonami to keep their respective viewership.

I feel like this is the best way for it to work. Funimation gets their exclusive window, but Toonami get's the benefit of fresh shows. Funimation needs to be transparent about the dub premiering on their service with a Toonami broadcast later. The practice of keeping people in the dark about this until its had a chance to stream is kind of one sided to benefit Funimation. Toonami in turn needs to not delay broadcasts in order to keep their viewers from moving to streaming unless Funimation also decides to delay (a la AOT) which isn't in Funimations best interest since it angers their subscriber base. Toonami needs to adapt to how anime is released now and I think they are getting there. The programmers need to adapt as well and let go of traditional programming practices.

Edited by brianycpht
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, brianycpht said:

I think you are correct in that Toonami could’ve made more deals like DW but went with “bigger” shows rather than unproven ones. I really think they couldn’t gotten MHA back then but went a different route. It was even mentioned at one point that they waited to see if MHA would be "big" before deciding to go after it, you just can't do that anymore, it's too late then. There were people at IGN who mentioned that Toonami got MHA and they were kind of like "I guess thats good for people that don't have good internet". A TV airing of a popular anime is seen as a syndicated rerun at best, which would be great for a rewatch if they aired 5 days a week, but they don't. Up until this year, it seemed that the strategy was "wait to see if its popular and people ask for it and not take a chance". You have to air newer shows now, it might even be too late for Mob2.  Airing too far away from the sub doesn't help either and dub premeires of shows 6 months old don't tend to do better than a few week old dubs of newer shows. You just can't assume people will tune in because it is "popular" or just because you like it.

I think they need to make an arrangement similar to the deal that AS had with FOX at one point:

1.  Funimation can premeire the dubs on their service a week or 2 behind broadcast

2. it is also announced that Toonami will get it on a delay. This will take away the uncertainty for people who want to know.

3. Toonami airs the show on Funimation's schedule and does not break if they don't break, holidays or not (especially if the holiday is 5 days away from the weekend). If they both want to suspend broadcast, then thats fine, but Funimation is only allowed to be 2 weeks ahead of them.

4. Toonami is allowed to close the gap if Funimation has a delay. This allows Funimation and Toonami to keep their respective viewership.

I feel like this is the best way for it to work. Funimation gets their exclusive window, but Toonami get's the benefit of fresh shows. Funimation needs to be transparent about the dub premiering on their service with a Toonami broadcast later. The practice of keeping people in the dark about this until its had a chance to stream is kind of one sided to benefit Funimation. Toonami in turn needs to not delay broadcasts in order to keep their viewers from moving to streaming unless Funimation also decides to delay (a la AOT) which isn't in Funimations best interest since it angers their subscriber base. Toonami needs to adapt to how anime is released now and I think they are getting there. The programmers need to adapt as well and let go of traditional programming practices.

They Need to learn sooner or later that holidays don't prevent people from watching anime

• Like 1