UnevenEdge

bought wife some jeffree star cosmetics

wacky1980

what is it about this fabulous little dude that gets ladies so hot for makeup? is his stuff really that good, or is it just brand power? i don't get it. she spent an hour in an online checkout to get that conspiracy pallette a couple weeks ago. it's just makeup. right?

exactly. he and shane dawson (a famous youtuber i guess?) collaborated on a makeup palette (and here i thought collabs were only for music and beer) and it was released a couple weeks ago. people were apparently going ape shit over it, shopify crashed, etc etc. the only reason it's on my radar is because wife has been watching their youtube videos nonstop for the last month or so. i guess this jeffree guy is the one who had a million bucks of unreleased makeup stolen out of a warehouse last year. that's the only other time i remember reading his name until a month ago.

16 minutes ago, wacky1980 said:

i'm confused. are you saying he's a racist, or that he's not?

Jeffree has a storied history of making racist remarks. It was enough for Kim Kardashian to come out to defend him from people upset that she was associating with someone who is known for their racist remarks. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wacky1980 said:

what is it about this fabulous little dude that gets ladies so hot for makeup? is his stuff really that good, or is it just brand power? i don't get it. she spent an hour in an online checkout to get that conspiracy pallette a couple weeks ago. it's just makeup. right?

I can bring my little sister into this if you really want a full run down, but I would suggest continuing to live free from this particular headache

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wacky1980 said:

exactly. he and shane dawson (a famous youtuber i guess?) collaborated on a makeup palette (and here i thought collabs were only for music and beer) and it was released a couple weeks ago. people were apparently going ape shit over it, shopify crashed, etc etc. the only reason it's on my radar is because wife has been watching their youtube videos nonstop for the last month or so. i guess this jeffree guy is the one who had a million bucks of unreleased makeup stolen out of a warehouse last year. that's the only other time i remember reading his name until a month ago.

*Contemplates the odds of someone being this into Jeffree Star's videos but is unaware of how racist he is*

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, imchapp.in said:

Jeffree has a storied history of making racist remarks. It was enough for Kim Kardashian to come out to defend him from people upset that she was associating with someone who is known for their racist remarks. 

now that you mention it, i don't ever recall seeing too many non-white people in  those videos...