UnevenEdge
Admin_Raptorpat

Trump Impeachment/Ukraine Scandal mega-thread

Use this thread to discuss the impeachment process, updates, and other directly related news.

I'm going to start merging subsequent threads into this one, like that 2016 election thread that wouldn't die.

Edited by Admin_Raptorpat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I want nothing

I want nothing

I want no quid pro quo

Tell zellinsky to do the right thing

This is the final word from the Pres of the U.S.

• Haha 2

@Ginguy remember in that thread where I was talking about how there was explicit quid-pro-quo and asked if you knew where the next goalpost was going to be?

You probably already got the email from your boss, but the new line is "Trump was testing  the new president of Ukraine to see if he was crooked."

Come on ginguy, say it.

Tell me how it feels in your mouth.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Quackers said:

I want nothing

I want nothing

I want no quid pro quo

Tell zellinsky to do the right thing

This is the final word from the Pres of the U.S.

He wrote it on a notepad so it must be true!

Can we just take a moment to appreciate the fact that nobody says "no collusion" anymore?

Collusion is now a given. 

Its all about "no quid-pro-quo."

I wonder what the next "no _______" is going to be now that quid pro quo is a given. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

the last day of hearing was something. a lot of smear campaign against the last two witnesses. not once did the Republicans dispute the accounts that Trump wanted an investigation in return for releasing the military aid package. just a lot of dancing around the topic and bringing up a lot of debunked conspiracies, a lot of mansplaining, contradictions, false narratives and sucking up to Trump.

And you know what, his base will eat this shit up and claim he is innocent without really understanding what's actually happening. 

• Like 3

My dad was telling me today when Nixon's impeachment hearings occurred there were at least enough Republicans around to go "Wait a minute, this is a bad look for us to be supporting him."

But I think now its more of a "Well, he's allowed us to turn subtext into context so RIDE OR DIE!!!"

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I know everyone knows this, but it's handy have on tap to summarize for people like Pumpkin who think a server is one hard drive smuggled out in a bookbag.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps-missing-dnc-server-is-neither-missing-nor-a-server

"The “server” Trump is obsessed with is actually 140 servers, most of them cloud-based, which the DNC was forced to decommission in June 2016 while trying to rid its network of the Russian GRU officers working to help Trump win the election, according to the figures in the DNC’s civil lawsuit against Russia and the Trump campaign. Another 180 desktop and laptop computers were also swapped out as the DNC raced to get the organization back on its feet and free of Putin’s surveillance."

Also, the Hamberder thinks that Crowdstrike is owned by "a very wealthy Ukrainian," but it's a publicly-traded company whose largest outside shareholder is Warburg Pincus, a New York City private equity firm from which Hair Furor plucked one of his top economic advisors. Deep State!!  Its CEO and co-founder, George Kurtz, is from the well-known Ukrainian satellite state of New Jersey.  Its other  co-founder and current chief tech officer, Dmitri Alperovitch, is a Russian expat.  Being Russian ought to be a point in his favor with Gump, but I guess since he left Mother Russia, he's obviously a traitor to Putin and Tramp.

Plus also too and besides, guess who is also one of Crowdstrike’s customers - the National Republican Congressional Committee.  Deep Deep State!!!!1!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh, who possibly could have guessed that?

That is as small as I can possibly make the text 😑

• Haha 1

On 11/21/2019 at 7:20 AM, Satou Kazuma said:

A$ap Rocky getting name dropped was amusing.

He should be name dropping Ant instead.

@Ginguy Tucker Carlson just updated the talking points:  

Why do I care what is going on in the conflict between Ukraine and Russia? I'm serious. Why shouldn't I root for Russia? Which by the way I am.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, helpme said:

you mean to tell me, there's a cnn poll that's unfavorable of trump?

hKeHqvC.gif

Edited by wacky1980
cleanup

27 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

Fake news, because everyone is really in favor of Trump, right?

you're probably misinterpreting my post on purpose, but for the sake of clarification, i'll bite. obviously cnn and trump have had their differences. trump has been particularly critical of cnn in his "fake news" smears ever since the campaign, and it's likely because their programming has never been abundantly favorable of him (call it bias or call it reality, that's not the point here). and then you have this poll, which i guess is supposed to be narrating a trend that shows increasing support for impeachment+removal. but the trend is stastically insignificant from sep-current -- according to the margin of error stated in the poll itself.

so is it that much of a surprise, that a poll that shows very weak preference to an anti-trump trend in an opinion poll, would be featured in a CNN article with the headline "No, the new CNN poll is not good news for Donald Trump on impeachment"? no, it's not. therefore, 

hKeHqvC.gif

it has nothing to do with everyone being "really in favor of trump" because that's obviously not the case, so kindly cut the bullshit. and i hesitate to call it "fake news" because everyone not in the trump camp instantly eyerolls themselves into a stupor whenever they have to read that phrase (and justifiably so). but i would definitely label it as "sensationalist" which is unfortunately all too common from every media outlet these days. if jingai had posted a similarly-spun article in favor of trump from fox news or wherever, i'd still have the same fake-shocked opinion. i just wouldn't be posting about it because you all do such a fine job of hulk-smashing every pro-trump post, that you don't really need any help from me.

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

this response doesn't really support your post, like at all. and if you actually only read like three sentences of my post, this response also does nothing to refute that. 

thanks for posting topical content, i guess?

45 minutes ago, wacky1980 said:

this response doesn't really support your post, like at all. and if you actually only read like three sentences of my post, this response also does nothing to refute that. 

thanks for posting topical content, i guess?

I read it, and still have no idea what you were trying to say.

• D'oh 1

4 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

I read it, and still have no idea what you were trying to say.

DRAT. i really needed your validation, and you just go and deny me like that? so cold.

4 minutes ago, wacky1980 said:

DRAT. i really needed your validation, and you just go and deny me like that? so cold.

You know sarcasm doesn't work when you're saying what you actually mean, right?

3 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

You know sarcasm doesn't work when you're saying what you actually mean, right?

did someone ring a dinner bell or something?

3 hours ago, wacky1980 said:

Oh, you're do that.

Gotcha.  Carry on.

• D'oh 1