UnevenEdge

Earlier this morning, my jaw dropped from the shock of hearing on my local news that John Witherspoon died.

Every news outlet I watched today never bothered to mention, that he voiced Grandad on The Boondocks, which I found irksome. Even though I enjoyed watching the Friday franchise and The Wayans Bros as a teenager, during the '90s, I favored his voice acting for The Boondocks.

https://deadline.com/2019/10/john-witherspoon-dead-obituary-comedian-friday-star-77-1202772258/

Edited by PurgatoryGirl

20 hours ago, PurgatoryGirl said:

We still have yet to learn what caused his death. It was so sudden, when they were already talking about working on The Boondocks again.

I don't think it's as sudden as it seems. I recall hearing a while back that he'd been feeling under the weather. Sometimes it doesn't take much. 

Not to say this doesn't still seem like a shock. He could have been sick and just not said anything to anyone so they wouldn't worry. He could have just not known anything was wrong. 

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, PurgatoryGirl said:

Yeah, I was wondering if John was already sick and kept it secret. Has Aaron McGruder said anything about his death?

I haven't heard anything via McGruder. I'm guessing that if there is a major announcement, he has his own means for that. [ as ] may go bump route as is usual. If the R&M marathon hadn't already been scheduled, programmed in and announced they might have played some episodes. 

The only thing I do know is it was cardiac arrest. Beyond that, unknown. 

• Sad 1