UnevenEdge

Watchmen HBO series

Satou Kazuma

• 1 month later...

The Ozymandias stuff is the best part about it, as well as Hooded Justice stuff.

The rest? Iffy. It's interesting but the budget on particular aspects

Spoiler

particularly on Dr. Manhattan

... isn't up to par. There's also the question of casting said character, which I found a little dubious for a couple of reasons.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I freaking did binge the whole season in 2 days. And oh my god let me tell you how amazing it was for me! The references to real historical events like the Tulsa Massacre and tying it to the comic book with the Vietnam War and Nixon. But making the plot focus on social issues today! Regina King was AMAZING as the lead. But honestly, this show made me cringe so much too, at how stark and violent racial crimes were in the early twentieth century. It was most upsetting to me because acts of horror like that were really happening, and still do. Honestly more frightening than any horror monster/antagonist. But I still enjoyed the plot and narrative immensely. I loved the ending, it was tied so well together and did leave the door for a second season. For me, I fall in love with a good narrative, and the writers did an amazing job tying so many themes together and still leaving a wonderful sense of nostalgia for lovers of the old movie or comicbook. 

But idk if anyone remembers when I had that Watchmen quote in my siggy for awhile? It was Night Owl basically denouncing Ozymandias and Dr. Manhattan's plan to trick humanity as a sick joke. 

Spoiler

And I'm kinda happy Ozymandias realizes his plan didn't work in the series. He isn't as smart as he think he is. Honestly I kinda hate smart ass genocidal villains. Even tho my friend loved him and I gotta admit I enjoyed a lot of Jeremy Irons performance of his character. XD  I just don't like when people think they can sum up other people as easy as that.