UnevenEdge

Who's playing The Outer Worlds?

Distinct Lunatic

I bought that shit yesterday, and so far I love it.

This is coming from someone that does not like the Fallout series at all (I still haven't gotten around to playing New Vegas even though I've owned it for years), but none the less I thought FO3 and FO4 were overrated heaping piles of shit.

The Outer Worlds though is extremely well made, and better in just about every way. I didn't want to buy it through the Epic Games store cause I don't want to support that business model of theirs, them just throwing money around to make PC games exclusive to their platform for a year, but in the end I gave in. Love the game so far.

I think it's fine. It doesn't give you enough opportunities to be a capitalist rogue, though.

I also don't understand why they bothered with implementing a character creator when you can't even see your character beyond the inventory screen.

Edited by Opium
  • Like 1

On 10/28/2019 at 3:17 PM, Opium said:

I think it's fine. It doesn't give you enough opportunities to be a capitalist rogue, though.

I also don't understand why they bothered with implementing a character creator when you can't even see your character beyond the inventory screen.

True, but still better than anything Bethesda has made.

My guess as far as character creation and the game being in 1st person is maybe they wanted to focus on making the game with that perspective, and maybe after launch they'll release an update to allow for 3rd person, them laying down the ground work by having the character customization

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I just finished The Outer Worlds.

I love the game, but at the same time I felt like the ending came too soon. I mean, I put around 22 hours into it, but as far as main quests go, it feels like the main story ended a bit too soon for me, like if I were to focus only on those I could have finished the game in 6 hours or less maybe.

It's a great game, and there's a lot of side quests that I've done, and I'd imagine there's some I missed. I guess what I'm trying to say is this is one of those games where I wanted it to go on forever. This is the game where I'm really hoping they release at the minimum, one or two story expansion dlc packs next year (2020), with a full on sequel by 2021