UnevenEdge

One Piece Stampede #6 day of release, makes significantly less money than MHA Two Heroes did

Jman

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-10-27/one-piece-stampede-film-opening-day-in-u.s-ranks-at-no.6/.152672

It’s more than a one day release, but hardly mainstream.  Of course at the current rate of things we’re gonna see the live action Halo (due first quarter 2021) before LA One Piece, so this is probably the ceiling for now.

Edited by Jman
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

What's with the shitty back-handed dumping?  This has nothing to do with MHA.

The movie made more in one day than Film Gold made in its entire domestic run.  It's also made more than $90 million worldwide.  I'd consider that a success.

Seriously. If I wanted shitty band-handed dumping in my animation news, I'd read Cartoon Brew.

22 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

What's with the shitty back-handed dumping?  This has nothing to do with MHA.

The movie made more in one day than Film Gold made in its entire domestic run.  It's also made more than $90 million worldwide.  I'd consider that a success.

This is gonna come as a huge shock to you..... but....

Jman doesn't like One Piece.

• Haha 2

This was more meant to discuss One Piece’s ceiling on popularity despite it getting a week to air, which only Broly did prior (and Broly pulled down way more money than anyone expected).

Toei still wants One Piece to be mainstream like Dragonball is, but this shows the ceiling.

I maintain this was about the ceiling of the franchise given that they gave it a whole week instead of a one night showing.  Broly got that and made a ton of money, so why this was their follow up I do not get.  It would have made more sense as a one night Fathom release.

2 hours ago, Daos said:

Ok it's official you're the new Moose. You will fight an eternal battle with Jman over One Piece until your eventual banning.

Calling somebody a jackass is just a liiiiittle different from screaming death threats at anybody who doesn't like your favorite show. The resident pessimistic douchebag doing what he always does ain't exactly an event that's rustling my jimmies.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, EmpressAngel said:

Calling somebody a jackass is just a liiiiittle different from screaming death threats at anybody who doesn't like your favorite show. The resident pessimistic douchebag doing what he always does ain't exactly an event that's rustling my jimmies.

You love One Piece and insulted Jman. You qualify. Embrace the spirit of Moose and gradually work your way up to death threats. I believe in you!

• D'oh 1

• 2 weeks later...