UnevenEdge

UEMB Game Nights

panic

On 10/6/2019 at 8:29 PM, Admin_Raptorpat said:

also with something like smash or RL, only so many people can play together. I think online SSB lobbies hold up to eight, and obviously only four people in a match at once (and with SSB we'd probably have to have one fun lobby and one boring tryhard lobby so people can play their preferred style). but i know there's people who play both games so trying to get everyone in those buckets to play together sounds fun.

There's plenty of ways to organize Smash Bros so that a large internet group can be satisfied these days, but it kind of seems like you're calling a lobby full of people that play the game like shit fun in that post..🙃 I can see making a beginner lobby for people not familiar with the game or the greatest of players though. The main issue with smash here that I see is aside from @André Toulon I don't know of any other members that have both smash and a nintendo switch. Is there even anyone else? 

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

If nothing else an online tournament could be organized with up to 64 actual human players... I don't even think the limit to a lobby is 8.. That's just the max amount of fighters you can have on a stage at any given time.. I could be wrong though I can't find the limit with google and I'm getting ready for bed so idk. Just making more private lobbies works well enough anyway. 

38 minutes ago, Quackers said:

lol

At what? I rarely do tournament mode aside from the online event tourneys but you can get paired with up to *63  human players. I don't know how good the matchmaking is at playing against actual friends this way it might just be random pairing, and I'm not turning my switch on just to find out. 😐

Friend lobbies can hold up to eight people, the host can set matches to play anything from 1v1s to 4p free for alls, how people swap in and out, can set item use on/off, and set stages to regular/battlefield/omega. The 64-person tourneys are something else entirely.

The concept to me would be, if there were enough people, to have both a neutral/competitive lobby and a casual/party lobby and people can pick one or bounce back and forth over the night depending on their preference. 

• Like 1

I'm aware of how the lobbies work I've just never had a full online lobby even when I've got like 4 friends with me playing over the web. I realize online tournaments are a different option I'm just curious as to whether or not you can get more than 8 friends on one bracket now. I wouldn't be surprised if it took some uneeded coordination but it seems possible... it's probably not plausable especially for this purpose the way the online lobbies are laid out.

I really dont like that layout at all it's probably the same 8 player limit lobby consisting of the boxing ring, and the game fills in the rest of the tourney bracket with random players waiting in a que once the host is finished setting everything. 😐

That sounds like a good enough working arrangement for fiday night games though at any rate. Who else played last time just out of curiousty no one seems to be down for it really looking at this thread...

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2019 at 3:33 PM, InsaneFox said:

Next week though. Ill be sober. :( 

Gotta be a responsible adult...

Can't we be irresponsible sometimes?

Not condoning getting wasted all the time, but hey its okay.

Also, THERE WERE NIGHTS OF ENDLESS PLEASURE 🎶🎶🎶 Celine wont get out of my head 😂

7 hours ago, lesans_muse said:

Can't we be irresponsible sometimes?

Not condoning getting wasted all the time, but hey its okay.

Also, THERE WERE NIGHTS OF ENDLESS PLEASURE 🎶🎶🎶 Celine wont get out of my head 😂

Not when I work early on Saturday. 

Somebody’s gotta make the bread.

• Like 1