UnevenEdge
wacky1980

beto: hell yes, we're going to take your ar-15, your ak-47

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/12/760386808/orourke-promises-to-take-your-ar-15-but-americans-are-split-on-buybacks

"I am, if it's a weapon that was designed to kill people on a battlefield. If the high-impact, high-velocity round, when it hits your body, shreds everything inside of your body, because it was designed to do that, so that you would bleed to death on a battlefield and not be able to get up and kill one of our soldiers.

When we see that being used against children, and in Odessa, I met the mother of a 15-year-old girl who was shot by an AR-15, and that mother watched her bleed to death over the course of an hour because so many other people were shot by that AR-15 in Odessa and Midland, there weren't enough ambulances to get to them in time. Hell, yes, we're going to take your AR-15, your AK-47. We're not going to allow it to be used against our fellow Americans anymore."

i mean, he makes one hell of an argument. even if it's rehearsed and scripted and strategic, it still comes off as emotional and genuine. as someone who owns neither of these rifles anymore, it doesn't really matter to me if they disappear. but i have a feeling there's enough people willing to go the "cold, dead hands" route that this will never happen without a small civil war. but who knows, maybe if the gov't offers 3x market value, people might actually be willing to trade them off and go buy a ruby ridge shotgun instead. then in 5 more years, we'll see the next wave of gun confiscations for 12ga semi-autos. maybe i'd have a different opinion at that point, because i love me my ithaca deerslayer. but now i'm just rambling so whatever.

You'd think he was threatening to cut off these people's dicks with how strongly they protest. But there's no reason for regular Joe-schmoe to own guns like this in the first place.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PenguinBoss said:

You'd think he was threatening to cut off these people's dicks with how strongly they protest. But there's no reason for regular Joe-schmoe to own guns like this in the first place.

i get it. they are a.lot. of fun to shoot. and for 99%+ of the people who own them, they'll never use them to kill another person. so an ar or ak is no different to those people than any other firearm, so banning them seems pretty unfair from that perspective. 

but sometimes you just need to find a compromise.

4 minutes ago, Alien_Nation said:

Yeah.

War could never break out in America.

That's literally never happened before.

Please try to at least stay within 2 centuries.

• Like 3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disarmament_of_the_German_Jews

Elitists and tyrants abhor the idea of poor, working class citizens being able to defend themselves so greatly that they actually run mental marathons attempting to write-off disarmament of the Jews by the Nazis as a conspiracy theory; see, 'The Nazi Gun Control Argument': 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_gun_control_argument

• D'oh 2

5 minutes ago, wacky1980 said:

i get it. they are a.lot. of fun to shoot. and for 99%+ of the people who own them, they'll never use them to kill another person. so an ar or ak is no different to those people than any other firearm, so banning them seems pretty unfair from that perspective. 

but sometimes you just need to find a compromise.

The compromise is gun control, which the same subset of people also refuse to take part in.

• Like 2

Gun control is not and will never stop whackaloons and criminals.

It's like recycling.

It looks nice on the surface, but in reality it's broken and ineffectual and does little more than make people feel a little less guilty about their inherent "sin" of exuding carbon dioxide.

• D'oh 3

5 minutes ago, Alien_Nation said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disarmament_of_the_German_Jews

Elitists and tyrants abhor the idea of poor, working class citizens being able to defend themselves so greatly that they actually run mental marathons attempting to write-off disarmament of the Jews by the Nazis as a conspiracy theory; see, 'The Nazi Gun Control Argument': 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_gun_control_argument

"But thuh gov'mint!" Dude, if the big, bad, scary government wants to get rid of you, they'll do it in a way no gun could protect you from in the first place. They'll aim a tornado right at your house.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, PenguinBoss said:

The compromise is gun control, which the same subset of people also refuse to take part in.

which is why there needs to be a compromise. what does the 2A camp get in return for agreeing to a manual buy-back? maybe a fast-track program for qualified, participating gun owners to purchase other firearms? a tax break for the next x years? gotta dangle that carrot, at least a little bit.

2 minutes ago, PenguinBoss said:

"But thuh gov'mint!" Dude, if the big, bad, scary government wants to get rid of you, they'll do it in a way no gun could protect you from in the first place. They'll aim a tornado right at your house.

That's a defeatist attitude.

• D'oh 2

2 minutes ago, Alien_Nation said:

It's like recycling.

It looks nice on the surface, but in reality it's broken and ineffectual and does little more than make people feel a little less guilty about their inherent "sin" of exuding carbon dioxide.

Example @wacky1980

So, instead of looking at how it was implemented you'll hide behind the wording. Why are you such a pussy? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, wacky1980 said:

which is why there needs to be a compromise. what does the 2A camp get in return for agreeing to a manual buy-back? maybe a fast-track program for qualified, participating gun owners to purchase other firearms? a tax break for the next x years? gotta dangle that carrot, at least a little bit.

It's stupid that "Less innocent people dying" isn't enough.

• Like 2

Just now, stilgar said:

So, instead of looking at how it was implemented you'll hide behind the wording. Why are you such a pussy? 

You're the one making this about blacks.

I'll ask you one more time to show me where the legislation specifically targets the black population.

And, once again, you won't be able to because it doesn't. 

• D'oh 2

3 minutes ago, PenguinBoss said:

It's stupid that "Less innocent people dying" isn't enough.

too abstract. remember who you're dealing with here.

That's a defeatist attitude.

I assume you're suggesting civilians vs. the largest military in the world. That's a realist attitude, my man. Pretty much whoever controls the biggest gun wins. A redneck in Buttfuck, Montana isn't going to play a part no matter how much he thinks it will.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PenguinBoss said:

I assume you're suggesting civilians vs. the largest military in the world. That's a realist attitude, my man. Pretty much whoever controls the biggest gun wins. A redneck in Buttfuck, Montana isn't going to play a part no matter how much he thinks it will.

but red dawn

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Alien_Nation said:

Rather an assault rifle VS a knife if there's an attack helicopter flying at me.

lol helicopter. Drone strike.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

They don't have infinite drones.

And the drones aren't invincible. 

lol, you gonna shoot down a drone with an ar-15? that round might make it to 10k' if you shoot it straight up. a drone flies upwards of 70k' altitude. womp womp genius.

• Haha 2

ITT fatass Florida Man has delusions of Rambo. 

Also ITT open fascist attempts to use Nazi counter-examples and fails miserably. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Alien_Nation said:

It's like recycling.

How many criminals have you stopped?

• Like 2

Just now, scoobdog said:

How many criminals have you stopped?

entirely off topic. is there anyone else on these boards with 20k posts?

IdenticalWarmCony-size_restricted.gif

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, wacky1980 said:

entirely off topic. is there anyone else on these boards with 20k posts?

Four others, in fact.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, wacky1980 said:

lol, you gonna shoot down a drone with an ar-15? that round might make it to 10k' if you shoot it straight up. a drone flies upwards of 70k' altitude. womp womp genius.

The military only has a couple hundred Reapers. 

They can't remain in the air indefinitely. 

Gotta land sometime.

You people don't know how to think tactically, or critically for that matter.

• D'oh 1

"What are you going to do? Fight the U.S. military with your little pea shooters?"

2 seconds later...

"No civilian should own a gun that powerful." 

• Like 2
  • D'oh 1

14 minutes ago, Alien_Nation said:

Gotta land sometime.

Sure, the place they refuel the drones definitely won't be well-defended.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Greeny said:

"What are you going to do? Fight the U.S. military with your little pea shooters?"

2 seconds later...

Said the dude who's never actually fired a rifle.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Greeny said:

2 seconds later...

Then there's this moron.

• Like 2

I don't see it making a whole lot of difference in gun violence at least on the AR route.  I've never owned an AK-47 personally, but I know plenty of people that do or have owned one. As for AR weapons if it makes people that have never fired one happy to get rid of them... Sure whatever. More power to the police and organizations that are still going to require me to shoot and maintain one. 

What we need to do is ensure that the right for American citizens is fully enshrined. 

Firearm manufacturing should be nationalized, and guns should be distributed to those Americans most in danger of having their rights infringed on.

20 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

What we need to do is ensure that the right for American citizens is fully enshrined. 

Firearm manufacturing should be nationalized, and guns should be distributed to those Americans most in danger of having their rights infringed on.

Banning AR 15's and saying it's because the bullets can shred your insides and were designed for the battlefield is wrong. The nato rounds the military uses are just a standard 5.56x45m round.. People firing on the public in acts of gun violence are probably gonna choose their rounds with less discretion than the military or police can even if they wanted to so there's that. I'm all for more gun regulation, but I'm not exactly a gun enthusiast and even I can see the ignorance on all sides coming from politicians regarding the surge of gun violence. 

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

27 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

i don't necessarily agree that was a threat. it's "come and take it" which is kinda a texas thing already.

920x1240.jpg

1 hour ago, Alien_Nation said:

Gotta land sometime.

YOU PEOPLE?!?!?

rlytho, your argument is "i'll shoot down those drones when they come in to land" like you would have any access to the information required to accomplish this. you're not really this stupid. cut the act already.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alien_Nation said:

You're the one making this about blacks.

I'll ask you one more time to show me where the legislation specifically targets the black population.

And, once again, you won't be able to because it doesn't. 

1 hour ago, stilgar said:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Alien_Nation said:

If the army was engaged in a hot war with the citizenry, I wouldn't be the only person going to the bases.

You wouldn't leave your house because you'd be scared shitless you pussy. 

• Like 2

And you are a coward who'd hide behind the wording of a law and not how it was implemented. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Alien_Nation said:

If the army was engaged in a hot war with the citizenry, I wouldn't be the only person going to the bases.

and you wouldn't be the only one getting sniped if you set foot within 1000 yards of "the bases" lol what a bullshit excuse. you should really give this one up.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, stilgar said:

And you are a coward who'd hide behind the wording of a law and not how it was implemented. 

What the fuck does this even mean? 

Go suck on a potato you fucking mongoloid. 

Edited by Alien_Nation
  • Haha 1
  • D'oh 1

1 minute ago, wacky1980 said:

and you wouldn't be the only one getting sniped if you set foot within 1000 yards of "the bases" lol what a bullshit excuse. you should really give this one up.

Defeatist attitude.

• D'oh 1