UnevenEdge
Sign in to follow this  
Poof

I hate the ending of "You" on netflix **SPOILERS**

Omg i fucking hate it.

It's based on a book. I was excited about that to read it later, but now I'm not going to fucking read it bc fuck it. I'm not reading it.

And there's 2 sequels to the first book and supposedly there will be a season 2 to the show.

I'm not fucking watching it. Idc about the fucking incel killer i just wanted him to die. That's all I wanted.

I'm not watching/reading about his adventures abusing and killing women and following along like oooooo wow whats gonna happen.

Fuck it. And the girl who starred in the show feels the same way. I just read an article she wanted a different ending bc women don't need this shit right now. I agree entirely. Fuck that show and fuck season 2

• Like 1

Just now, 🍬Candy🍬 said:

What happened in the end? I forgot

I'm not speaking about it.

5 minutes ago, Alien_Nation said:

Women don't need this... right now?

K...

Fuck off incel

• Thanks 4

i was surprised how they chose to end it also. not so much because of the whole "women don't need this right now" but because the dude isn't endearing enough (or at all really) to carry another season. it's like giving an unlikable dexter a better out than the likable one ever got. but then again, the likable dexter got 8 seasons before his final punishment, so maybe we're just getting started on hating this little cocksucker. can hatred for the only main character carry an entire series? probably not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wacky1980 said:

i was surprised how they chose to end it also. not so much because of the whole "women don't need this right now" but because the dude isn't endearing enough (or at all really) to carry another season. it's like giving an unlikable dexter a better out than the likable one ever got. but then again, the likable dexter got 8 seasons before his final punishment, so maybe we're just getting started on hating this little cocksucker. can hatred for the only main character carry an entire series? probably not.

Dexter was punishment.

Seriously.

Ballsack of a show.

2 minutes ago, Alien_Nation said:

Dexter was punishment.

Seriously.

Ballsack of a show.

and yet, the main dude was likable enough to mostly carry the series on his own. "you" had no such anti-hero.

I haven't even seen whatever this is pop up on my Netflix.

Probably because I don't watch garbage to begin with, Netflix doesn't recommend it.

Just now, Alien_Nation said:

I haven't even seen whatever this is pop up on my Netflix.

Probably because I don't watch garbage to begin with, Netflix doesn't recommend it.

wife watched it a few months back. i think she was hoping for the same ending as poof, and it never came. of the parts i saw, the dude was an obsessive asshole about 99% of the time. it was like, the writers were cultivating hatred for the guy so that the big payoff at the end of the series would be that much more satisfying, and then at the last second they take it a completely different direction. it just made the whole thing feel like a waste of time. but maybe some people who watched the whole thing took a shine to the main dude. i didn't see any of the first like 4 or 5 eps so maybe people who did had more of a soft spot for him. i don't know. it was just kinda all bad from a storytelling perspective, imo.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wacky1980 said:

1 hour ago, wacky1980 said:

wife watched it a few months back. i think she was hoping for the same ending as poof, and it never came. of the parts i saw, the dude was an obsessive asshole about 99% of the time. it was like, the writers were cultivating hatred for the guy so that the big payoff at the end of the series would be that much more satisfying, and then at the last second they take it a completely different direction. it just made the whole thing feel like a waste of time. but maybe some people who watched the whole thing took a shine to the main dude. i didn't see any of the first like 4 or 5 eps so maybe people who did had more of a soft spot for him. i don't know. it was just kinda all bad from a storytelling perspective, imo.

Yes you put so much of how I felt about it into words. Thank you. I guess the ending is how it happened in the book, but I don't want to watch him do his thing to women for another season. I don't care to learn more about him either. You're right. I hate him way too much to watch any more even if he ultimately gets what's coming to him at the end of the 3rd book.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 🍬Candy🍬 said:

Im rewatching it. My memory is shit.

Nuuuu don't it's not worth it!

36 minutes ago, Vamped said:

I couldnt get past him beating off in the bushes  

You made the right decision

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 🍬Candy🍬 said:

Too late ..was halfway thru before Madison put the switch on

Madi w/the save!

On 9/12/2019 at 5:32 PM, Poof said:

Madi w/the save!

So yes the ending sucks and the entire show lacks any redeeming qualities. Watch Handmaid's tale...some victories there..definitely the last season. Helps women.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, 🍬Candy🍬 said:

So yes the ending sucks and the entire show lacks any redeeming qualities. Watch Handmaid's tale...some victories there..definitely the last season. Helps women.

thank you I still haven't watched it yet. I kinda didn't bc I was afraid it would make me angry like this show did