Jump to content
UnevenEdge
Shiina

what did you guys think of Ergo Proxy?

Recommended Posts

One of those series that I find interesting but don't really like that much, I can see why people would but it's just not for me. The ending wasn't bad but some of those stories in the middle lost me, especially that amusement park one =/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, scope said:

One of those series that I find interesting but don't really like that much, I can see why people would but it's just not for me. The ending wasn't bad but some of those stories in the middle lost me, especially that amusement park one =/

I don't understand ANYTHING that happened in that series. 

Re-L needs bigger  (  .  ) (  . )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pino is love, Pino is life. Also the game show episode was the single-best "recap" in anime history. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also liked it, but it was kind of confusing.  Some of the social commentary is a bit heavy handed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Top Gun said:

Pino is love, Pino is life. Also the game show episode was the single-best "recap" in anime history. 

I kind of liked little pedo android. 

I didn't understand the game show thing. Did everyone just eat a plate of mushrooms and the whole thing was a hullucination?

Was the Game show dude just a proxy gone crazy and he made a game show dome-world?

Infact I don't get half the weird shit that happens in the show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, scoobdog said:

I also liked it, but it was kind of confusing.  Some of the social commentary is a bit heavy handed.

Now that I am researching the show, its very very confusing to understand the first time you watch. 

For example:   

Spoiler

Re-L is actually a semi-clone of the monad proxy and the grandfather. Re-L's only purpose in life is to find Vincent , since Vincent was supposedly in love with the Monad Proxy... did anyone actually get that the first time you watched??

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't say that I did, no.  But that's not unusual for dystopian dramas.  It plays into the larger motif of failed prophesies.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

I can't say that I did, no.  But that's not unusual for dystopian dramas.  It plays into the larger motif of failed prophesies.

 

Also what exactly does happen at the end?   

Spoiler

Is Vincent going to destroy the human race?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, I don't believe that was they were trying to convey.  It seems more likely that they intent was to suggest that there was a thriving under society that would be ready to supplant the one that was disintegrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, scoobdog said:

No, I don't believe that was they were trying to convey.  It seems more likely that they intent was to suggest that there was a thriving under society that would be ready to supplant the one that was disintegrating.

Then why are Vincent's eyes glowing blue and he has a genocidal look on his face? Are those human ships in the back ground before the credits role? 

The reason people never liked this anime is cause it was too complex. 

Edited by Shiina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Shiina said:

That episode and the Game show episode cracked me up. 

I'm partial to the "Pino Goes to Disneyland" episode myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was too weird for me to sit down and actually enjoy, as I had no idea what was going on at certain times.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2019 at 10:32 AM, Gyaos said:

It was too weird for me to sit down and actually enjoy, as I had no idea what was going on at certain times.

I watched it for the 2nd time after reading up about it. So it makes sense now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...