UnevenEdge
helpme

FDA slams vaping company Juul for illegal marketing practices, threatens fines or seizure

Federal health officials slammed vaping company Juul on Monday for illegally advertising its nicotine pods as a safer alternative to cigarettes, threatening to fine or even seize the company's products if it doesn't correct its marketing.

The Food and Drug Administration sent a warning letter to CEO Kevin Burns after reviewing testimony from two days of hearings on Juul in the U.S. House in July. FDA investigators found the company broke the law "by selling or distributing them as modified risk tobacco products without an FDA order in effect that permits such sale or distribution."

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/09/fda-says-juul-illegally-promoted-its-e-cigarettes-as-less-harmful-than-cigarettes.html

Separately, health officials are investigating a mysterious lung disease tied to vaping that has sickened hundreds and killed five people. They say it's too early to pinpoint a cause and are urging people to avoid vaping e-cigarettes or THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, until they can figure out what's making people sick.

I looked into this a little bit. There was some speculation the mysterious illness is from some knock off juul pods trying to fill the niche left when Juul was forced to discontinue their fruity flavors. I don't see how vaping thc could be the cause, but I've never done it really. 

14 minutes ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

I looked into this a little bit. There was some speculation the mysterious illness is from some knock off juul pods trying to fill the niche left when Juul was forced to discontinue their fruity flavors. I don't see how vaping thc could be the cause, but I've never done it really. 

The thought on the THC is that the oils used in many things like that don't break down when inhaled. They're oil. They instead coat the inside of the lungs which can cause breathing issues. 

I've hit my buddies vape pen a few times...

I prefer a good old fashioned joint. 

But only if I stumble across some shit that doesn't make me feel paranoid like I'm going  to die...

Which is like never.

33 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

The thought on the THC is that the oils used in many things like that don't break down when inhaled. They're oil. They instead coat the inside of the lungs which can cause breathing issues. 

Yeah I forgot about all the "cbd" oils and different thc like products making their way around now. Some don't even contain thc supposingly. I havent had the desire to even mess with them and there's too many variants to read up on so you know what you're getting. I'll stick to regular old nugs, dabs, and hash. I'm glad vaping never really caught on for me. I gave it some decent time and it was never worth the trouble of keeping things clean and charged or buying replacement parts when I can just spark a cig or joint. 

I love my vapes and frankly, I'll blindly choose them over lighting cigs ever again. I still burn weed the right way though....i have a thc pen but I'm not a huge fan of it.

20190819_071713.jpg

On 9/10/2019 at 10:17 PM, cyberbully said:

I love my vapes and frankly, I'll blindly choose them over lighting cigs ever again. I still burn weed the right way though....i have a thc pen but I'm not a huge fan of it.

20190819_071713.jpg

Why do all your pics look like shit

• D'oh 1

2 minutes ago, Alien_Nation said:

He smoke so much even he camera high.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

millions of people dead from smoking
FDA: "i sleep"

6 people dead from vaping
FDA: "REAL SHIT"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, K_N said:

trump is gonna ban e-cigs before assault rifles. God bless the USA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K_N said:

I want to know why the FDA waited until people were sick and dying to reveal that, hey, they never approved of the Juul pods in the first place.

• Like 4