UnevenEdge

Some Art

GunStarHero

Didn't see a general art posting thread, and while I normally don't make threads, uh..well...here ya go. Some of the art I've done.

2013 - Digital Painting

vpjlmWS.png

2010 - Acrylic Painting

2dw3Amp.jpg

2013 - In Progress Digital Painting

V6VLUk3h.png

2012 - Mixed Media and Digital Painting

3hgQGZP.jpg

2013 - Digital Painting

T787ATQ.jpg

2012 - Digital Painting

M3xPwAx.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Why did you quit?

They look great

Wall of text inc:

To be perfectly honest, it's not fulfilling anymore. I got into art for the wrong reason in the first place. because it got me attention as a kid when nothing else did. Like, I was the kid in school that would pretend to shade a picture I had been done with weeks ago, just in the hopes someone would look at it and talk to me or tell me something positive. After I graduated from art school and realized, "oh, this is a terrible degree. I've wasted my time and money," I started learning to cook and rolled with that as a career. Tried to keep art as a hobby, but occasionally some of my art got stolen and reposted, even saw one picture on a fan-made shirt on a band's website. Did what I could to stop the theft, but it's near impossible to track down every instance of that stuff. I also found myself posting paintings I had worked on for days get no attention (likes, comments, shares, tags, notes, etc.) and I'd turn around and see a single mom post a picture from her kid's coloring book that she colored in and that shit got tons of attention.

Like I said, I was in it for the wrong reason so I got discouraged. And after I saw that posting my stuff netted me nothing but someone stealing it got them everything, I just quit sharing for a few years entirely.

Last big art project I worked on was in 2014 when I made a pilot episode for a ninja comedy cartoon a friend and I had been working on. We were talking with Cartoon Hangover (Adventure Time, Bee & Puppycat, Bravest Warriors, Fairly Oddparents, etc.) for about 6 months, and I mean constant correspondence, to make the pilot. As an aside, we also talked with [adult swim] long ago, like 2008, and we sent an official pilot but it was rejected (was really bad). Got to talk to Doc Hammer and the 70/30 (Archer, Sealab, Frisky Dingo) guys so that was cool. Anyways, once we submitted the pilot package, they replied back in 5 minutes, told us it was too long and not kid friendly. That wasn't particularly true since we were working on a PG-13 cartoon and the pilot document was 73 pages long, 1 picture per page. So basically they didn't read it. Supposed to be making another pilot to upload direct to YouTube but I'm having a hard time convincing myself to produce it.

The fact that you made a pilot and pitched it got responses is pretty awesome

Sucks that your artwork got stolen and reposted, some people love to take credit for others work.

All you need is motivation to do that YT pilot, maybe one day you will find it

I think the biggest hurdle with the YouTube pilot is me. Because we got shot down by two "big" companies I got discouraged at first, but then just super nitpicky about everything I was making. So it's more of a "I need to make something good enough to impress myself" or simply "allow myself to make it regardless" type situation. Right now I just don't really care and I'm so drained from work I barely have time for fun, much less such a big project.

At any rate, here's some examples of the basic frames I did for the animatics. (Fun fact, Odin was in the original pitch, but I can't find a picture of his character at the moment.)

zm3Z1fch.png

For the 2014 pitch I hand drew everything in pencil, went over the sketches in ink, scanned them in and turned them into simple vectors in Illustrator. Example below:

1c7x2mch.png

Here's a screencap of the private forum my friend and I were using to post and discuss everything. It shows our second story, the super villain one.

CZsLskKh.png

Example shot from that story's animatic:

dreams04_zps46f4a752.png

Another thing we were doing was making a machinima. Here's a test shot turned into a gif:

lxBzmDv.gif

See that all looks really cool

Who knows maybe 3rd time is the charm for you

You Tube is a whole different platform and if you ever do it who knows it could go viral or passed around and maybe some creators will notice it, of course there's always a chance it could go nowhere but  risk are required

Whatever you do best of luck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...