UnevenEdge

First, I would like to say, this is a gender inequality issue, not a sports one so don't move this to sports

Dallas cowboys cheerleaders make like $12 an hour after a raise.

This wage gap is fucking absurd...The train, sit out in the heat, and have to deal with sexual harassment from the players, owners, and fans alike and these chicks make less than Walmart employees.  Meanwhile, Dak was able to negotiate a 100 mil deal.  referees get paid several times that and do considerably less work.

Arguments were made that they also get like $200 per game, but even averaging at 20 games a season (and that's assuming the Cowgirl's don't get blew out in the first round) (And yes, I am aware of the irony of the sexist nickname for the team that I used in this thread about equality...Sue me) that's only 4k more.  

I'll have to check out what other members on the payroll make, but don't have the time atm....But the Cowboy's cheerleaders are one of, if not the most well known of all NFL cheerleading squads and they make shit....One can only imagine what a Jets cheerleader makes....Those broads might get goodboy points like Packard.

Edited by Sho Minamimoto
  • Like 3

nobody will like what I have to say about it so I'm not saying anything

9 hours ago, Sho Minamimoto said:

First, I would like to say, this is a gender inequality issue, not a sports one so don't move this to sports

Dallas cowboys cheerleaders make like $12 an hour after a raise.

This wage gap is fucking absurd...The train, sit out in the heat, and have to deal with sexual harassment from the players, owners, and fans alike and these chicks make less than Walmart employees.  Meanwhile, Dak was able to negotiate a 100 mil deal.  referees get paid several times that and do considerably less work.

Arguments were made that they also get like $200 per game, but even averaging at 20 games a season (and that assuming the Cowgirl's don't get blew out in the first round) (And yes, I am aware of the irony of the sexist nickname for the team that I used in this thread about equality...Sue me) that's only 4k more.  

I'll have to check out what other member on the payroll make, but don't have the time atm....But the Cowboy's cheerleaders are one of, if not the most well known of all NFL cheerleading squads and they make shit....One can only imagine what a Jets cheerleader makes....Those broads might get goodboy points like Packard.

That's not even including the insane and unrealistic beauty standards they have to maintain just to stay on the team.

• Like 2

There's so much money put in to the auditions and training.. I figured it was actually a prestigious position. There's a reality tv show about them even.. though I've only ever watched it for a few minutes flipping through channels. 12/hr does sound kind of lame. 

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

There are also some really weird restrictions put on them, even off the field.  Like if they're eating at a restaurant, and someone on the team comes in to eat, they're required to pay up and leave the restaurant immediately.  Wtf?  They can be fired if they let a team member follow them on social media.  No sweatpants.  Handbooks that tell them how to wash their pussies.  They have to pay for the upkeep on their uniforms (some teams require them to pay for the uniform, which they still don't own), plus all the tanning, nails, hair and makeup required to fit the "look" the team assigns them.  After all the expenses, they don't make shit.  Some end up in the hole while they bring in millions in revenue for the team.  Yet there are women who would do it for free, so that kinda kills any bargaining power. 

And that doesn't even touch all the groping and sexual harassment they're expected to put up with.  They get farmed out to private parties like call girls, where they may make $100 each for the evening while the team gets paid $1200 per cheerleader for sending them.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1