UnevenEdge
SwimModSponges

Trump 2020's campaign promise- we will remove term limits so i can keep being president.

It's almost amazing his crowd is cheering. But his crowd is made up of mindless yes men. People that think a president "trolling" the entire country is a good thing. That russian manipulation of our election was a good thing because a Republican won. Better red than Democrat, I believe the t-shirts said. Forget the fact he's weakened our influence everywhere in the world, Europe is waiting for someone that isn't a petulant child to be in office, let him have 20 more years so we can have a senile narcissist representing us. I've never seen one of those, I'm sure it's a hoot. 

I just don't get how people can hear that statement and think he wants anything good for America. He wants to be CEO of America, and nothing more.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GreatBallsOfJizz said:

It's almost amazing his crowd is cheering. But his crowd is made up of mindless yes men. People that think a president "trolling" the entire country is a good thing. That russian manipulation of our election was a good thing because a Republican won. Better red than Democrat, I believe the t-shirts said. Forget the fact he's weakened our influence everywhere in the world, Europe is waiting for someone that isn't a petulant child to be in office, let him have 20 more years so we can have a senile narcissist representing us. I've never seen one of those, I'm sure it's a hoot. 

I just don't get how people can hear that statement and think he wants anything good for America. He wants to be CEO of America, and nothing more.

Theres an article that says hes made $5millon from politicians and govt employees staying at his properties. THATS HIS ONLY REASON FOR BECOMING PRESIDENT. GREED.

6 minutes ago, 🍬Candy🍬 said:

Theres an article that says hes made $5millon from politicians and govt employees staying at his properties. THATS HIS ONLY REASON FOR BECOMING PRESIDENT. GREED.

You really can't underestimate his narcissism. I can't pay close attention to what he pushes through because it makes me insane, but I'm sure all the rich people he wants to like him are very happy. And the ridiculous improprieties people have just let happen. People talking about impeaching Bush was silly to me, there was never a clear reason.

How this man can be allowed to even run again is beyond me. I would hope Republicans would put up their own candidates and kick him off the ticket. Take a moral stand. But I guess trolling the entire fucking world is more important. Even if he's making us weaker the longer he stays. 

1 minute ago, GreatBallsOfJizz said:

You really can't underestimate his narcissism. I can't pay close attention to what he pushes through because it makes me insane, but I'm sure all the rich people he wants to like him are very happy. And the ridiculous improprieties people have just let happen. People talking about impeaching Bush was silly to me, there was never a clear reason.

How this man can be allowed to even run again is beyond me. I would hope Republicans would put up their own candidates and kick him off the ticket. Take a moral stand. But I guess trolling the entire fucking world is more important. Even if he's making us weaker the longer he stays. 

Instead red states are cancelling their primaries so that another Republican cant stand against Trump. Dont see how thats legal or fair but its happening. 

I've come to believe Trump is actually a non-issue. Bad take, but hear me out. Trump is an idiot. Can't do shit, and is absolutely only doing anything to serve himself. But as sponges points out in the OP, he can get away with it. He can get away with anything.

And that's the only purpose he serves. He's a bumbling idiot doing whatever stupid shit comes to mind. And he is a demonstration that literally nobody will try to stop him. He's a joke pushed through so that, if anything backfires, it's all on the idiot.

If he can do all the stupid shit he's gotten away with, just imagine how bad it will actually be when somebody that knows what they're doing gets in.

Trump is just there to show that we're all soft and easily distracted, and anybody in power can do whatever they want, because nobody will ever actually do anything about it.

• Like 2

Finally, so much closer to Emperor-King Trump, resident of the White House presented by Gazprom.

On 9/10/2019 at 11:39 AM, GreatBallsOfJizz said:

It's Republicans admitting they made a mistake in backing him.

16 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

I really don't think so.

@Ginguy, do you regret working to advance the Trump presidency? 

Sorry, I meant "It's about Republicans admitting they made a mistake in backing him."

Which they will never do. Including Ginguy.

• Like 1

If I remember correctly, only president to serve more than two terms was a Democrat.

A Democrat that dropped two nuclear bombs on a foreign nation.

• D'oh 2

/So to clarify- you are against donald trump wanting to serve more than two terms, just like you stated you were against the presiden't saying he knew what he meant when he typed 'covefefe?"

Really making you look critically at the president, isn't it

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Alien_Nation said:

If I remember correctly, only president to serve more than two terms was a Democrat.

Yes to 1, no to number 2. It was either Roosevelt himself or the president succeeding him that decided to introduce legislation to impose term limits on presidents. The bomb was dropped under the following president, also a Democrat. 

Or maybe Congress decided to limit terms. Can't know everything. Anyway, I'm with the science fiction writers on legislators. Anybody that should be representing the people should be dragged into office kicking and screaming. Most people that want to be there should not be trusted.

2 minutes ago, GreatBallsOfJizz said:

Or maybe Congress decided to limit terms. Can't know everything. Anyway, I'm with the science fiction writers on legislators. Anybody that should be representing the people should be dragged into office kicking and screaming. Most people that want to be there should not be trusted.

I disagree with this. You know how people who work where they don't want to work doing what they don't want to do perform and how much effort they put in, right?

But their pay should be mediocre. Then the people who are there would more likely be there because they actually care about the well being of the country and its people, rather than getting rich.

8 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I disagree with this. You know how people who work where they don't want to work doing what they don't want to do perform and how much effort they put in, right?

But their pay should be mediocre. Then the people who are there would more likely be there because they actually care about the well being of the country and its people, rather than getting rich.

Not the exact quote. I believe "the person best suited to the work" is closer to the quote, definitely more the spirit.

I agree about the pay. Give them enough money to afford to do their job. And they should serve like soldiers do. If they can afford a house there, great. Otherwise there's government provided apartments. One bedroom. Most people doing jobs away from home have to be away from their family. There's no reason to facilitate the ability to own multiple homes for any of them.

59 minutes ago, Alien_Nation said:

Term limits were put in place because that Democrat was so popular Republicans were scared he'd just keep getting reelected. Term limits were, in no uncertain terms, a deliberate attempt at undermining democracy by Republicans.

Just like I don't agree with adding term limits to undercut the opposite party, I don't agree with removing them for the same purpose.

4 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

Term limits were put in place because that Democrat was so popular Republicans were scared he'd just keep getting reelected. Term limits were, in no uncertain terms, a deliberate attempt at undermining democracy by Republicans.

Just like I don't agree with adding term limits to undercut the opposite party, I don't agree with removing them for the same purpose.

Truman was a Democrat..........

Edited by Alien_Nation

11 minutes ago, Alien_Nation said:

Truman was a Democrat..........

Jesus Christ, how do you think ang of this works? A president walks in and goes "change constitution now, add da term limits plz"? Just happens overnight, huh?

The literal reason it was considered in the first place was because FDR kept winning. Republicans didn't like that. It doesn't change that the parties had a lot less partisanship back then, so having a Dem president to approve a Rep proposal wasn't that uncommon.

Actually still isn't that uncommon.  What happens now is Republicans constantly obstructing everything by Democrats with no rhyme or reason and Democrats trying to compromise with the uncompromisable.

All you've really said is that the amendment proposition spilled over into the next presidency. Okay? Most presidents don't own their party. Trump kinda own the Republican establishment because they're all cowardly scumbags, and he owns the Republican party because people like you have no basic moral compass.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alien_Nation said:

Looks like you don't remember so well.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Looks like you don't remember so well.

Just like trump a memory of a rodent and the IQ of a squirrel 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, helpme said:

you're being a little redundant here, helps.

15 minutes ago, helpme said:

You shouldn't insult  rodents and non-rodent squirrels like that.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, wacky1980 said:

you're being a little redundant here, helps.

I'm doing my job

17 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

You shouldn't insult  rodents and non-rodent squirrels like that.

• Thanks 1