UnevenEdge
Sign in to follow this  
SwimModSponges

Itn: president stops giving a fuck, tweets about top secret meeting with Taliban leaders

I have bad news: the president's official statement on the matter is he did it on purpose and knows exactly what he meant.

Yes, that's true.

Just like the hurricane in Alabama.

You just called the president a liar.

• Like 2

Can the POTUS actually leak classified or confidential info though?  Not saying it’s not dumb af but I thought they could declassify whatever they want 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SwimModSponges said:

Lol, transparency. 

Here's one: what did the president mean when he said "covefefe?"

What do you think he meant if he really meant anything by it?  The COVFEFE act of 2017 is directly connected. Communications Over Various Feeds Electronically For Engagement. The bill was introduced after his tweet so I'm not saying that's what he meant by it, but the bill calls for the social media accounts of the president including twitter to preserved and archived. It wouldn't let him delete controversial tweets as he's done in the past. Of course the bill hasn't gone anywhere since it was introduced as far as I know...

The acronym in the bill is the best meaning I can atttribute to the "word" though. There's been a lot of wacky ideas thrown out there since the tweet was first put out such as that it could've been derived from an aribic word meaning "i will stand up". Arabic scholars quickly dismissed that though. It just being a typo of the word coverage still seems to make the most sense to me unless he was already aware of the COVFEFE bill and he used the acronym as an edgy way to say "I know you guys are trying to mess up twitter for me you're just as bad as the press".

The bill was introduced specifically to make fun of him saying the typo was on purpose. 

It was a typo, because the president is not smart.

Just like the Alabama thing.

Rather than saying "sorry that was a typo/said the wrong state name," the president doubled down on it.

Because he is not smart and a malignant narcissist.

• Like 2

Good you made it sound like you might've had some sort of conspiracy theory forming over it for a second there. I realize the bill is supposed to be a "backronym" I just threw that in there because there's no other attributable meaning I can think of for the phrase "covfefe". It's kind of funny so many people spent a lot time trying to attribute a meaning to it. 

10 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

The bill was introduced specifically to make fun of him saying the typo was on purpose. 

It was a typo, because the president is not smart.

Just like the Alabama thing.

Rather than saying "sorry that was a typo/said the wrong state name," the president doubled down on it.

Because he is not smart and a malignant narcissist.

We miss you in other parts of the board. We miss funny laidback sponges. Yes the world is going to hell but ya still gotta laugh and have fun.

The Taliban is based as fuck.

They stopped the use of opium and the practice of Bacha Bazi in their territories of Afghanistan. Our ZOG military ruined what would have become a trad nation.

I hope Blumnf rectifies those mistakes.

7 hours ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

bill calls for the social media accounts of the president including twitter to preserved and archived. It wouldn't let him delete controversial tweets as he's done in the past.

It's already illegal for him to delete them without a record kept.  He can delete them from public view on Twitter, but the Library of Congress (I think that's who has to do it) is required by law to maintain an archive of the originals and all edits and replacements.

That's why it's problematic for Bush and Clinton and Ivanka and Jared and everybody else and their dog doing official government business on private email accounts.  There's supposed to be archives of all the official business.  Remember when people were having a fit over whether or not Obama could keep his Blackberry?

• Like 2