UnevenEdge

I've been discharged and now I'm home

Kudasai

Had something similar.  The Doctor told me it was probably the Vagus nerve, which I guess controls your heart rate after you've eaten.  I felt a little dizzy at work & my heart raced a bit - it was a very strange feeling & lasted all of 30 sec, maybe.  But they always say not to brush that stuff off if it involves the heart - so I had to undergo a whole bunch of tests, all for nothing.  Insurance covered the vast majority of it.

• Like 1

Acid reflux is better than cardiac hell. Although you end up having to give up pop and possibly coffee while on certain meds. 

Check and see if your hospital has some sort of partnership with any agency that'll allow you to pay off the bill in small, interest-free monthly payments that won't screw your actual credit. You might even qualify for a reduced bill depending on your current income. 

• Thanks 1

It could also be musculo-skeletal. Meaning you pulled/tore a chest/pectoral/abdominal muscle. It happened to me. Had pains for days/weeks, then, one day, felt like I was dying and shit. Went in, and found out I snapped a band of chest muscles. Hurt like a BITCH.

Edited by lupin_bebop
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Kudasai said:

The good news is the chest pains we're not cardiac related but they think it was a bad case of acid reflux so I got some meds for that. Although there is chance I'll end up having a massive heart attack once I receive the bill:|

Do what Katt says and try to get that bill reduced as soon as possible. Sometimes there are like 30-day deadlines to even qualify for a reduction. Also, while the bill will still be high after a reduction if you get it, you may not have to pay all of it anyways because down the line whoever you owe money to will probably offer you lump sum deals just to get you off their books. 

14 hours ago, SorceressPol said:

Do what Katt says and try to get that bill reduced as soon as possible. Sometimes there are like 30-day deadlines to even qualify for a reduction. Also, while the bill will still be high after a reduction if you get it, you may not have to pay all of it anyways because down the line whoever you owe money to will probably offer you lump sum deals just to get you off their books. 

Disclaimer, I have yet to have a medical debt completely lump summed out of existence just to get rid of me. :D But, for my gallbladder I was able to set my payments at $50 a month after jumping through all the hoops to get it reduced. That way I'd still send in more than that if I could but didn't have to worry about whether or not I'd be able to afford a payment on any given month. My payments today are much higher than that but it's still set at a level that I know I can hit if not exceed.

Always try to get your payments set at something you know you should be able to beat every month. It may stretch things out for what seems like forever, but you'll also have that little extra happy moment on any month you send in extra. 

Also, you said you don't have insurance? Might work in your favor. Some hospitals will not only work with you on payments but they'll reduce the amount you owe a little at a time with each payment you make on time. It's a good faith maneuver on both sides. Look into it.

33 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Disclaimer, I have yet to have a medical debt completely lump summed out of existence just to get rid of me. :D But, for my gallbladder I was able to set my payments at $50 a month after jumping through all the hoops to get it reduced. That way I'd still send in more than that if I could but didn't have to worry about whether or not I'd be able to afford a payment on any given month. My payments today are much higher than that but it's still set at a level that I know I can hit if not exceed.

Always try to get your payments set at something you know you should be able to beat every month. It may stretch things out for what seems like forever, but you'll also have that little extra happy moment on any month you send in extra. 

That's my bad. I should have said 'maybe' instead of 'probably'.