UnevenEdge
1938 Packard

Do you really trust the government?

O damb I never thought of it like that, I guess it actually is safer to live in a world where any roadraging nut can shred my car to pieces in seconds with an AK on the highway 

• Haha 1

From what I've seen, the government's idea is to keep me safe by allowing every unhinged ball of anger carry gundam grade artillery.....Gun "contol" hasn't made much progress at all to even say the government is backing it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Sho Minamimoto said:

From what I've seen, the government's idea is to keep me safe by allowing every unhinged ball of anger carry gundam grade artillery.....Gun "contol" hasn't made much progress at all to even say the government is backing it.

Lmao ok, implying the government doesn't want to disarm the populace and in the process eliminate a multibillion dollar industry it collects tax revenue on, sure pal!

Sheesh, this fool probably trusts the government with handling his healthcare, too! That thing that the government famously keeps trying to provide for people! No thanks, Gov, we've seen how you run things in Canadastan. Aetna and Cigna are taking care of us juuust fiiine, that's why they make so much money because of how good they are.

41 minutes ago, NaBernie2020 said:

O damb I never thought of it like that, I guess it actually is safer to live in a world where any roadraging nut can shred my car to pieces in seconds with an AK on the highway 

Just look at Chicago.  How's that gun control working out?

• D'oh 1

Just now, 1938 Packard said:

California also not doing well what with Nevada right next door and the internet existing and all. It's almost like it's not an issue which can effectively addressed with piecemeal laws crafted by and implemented in only a few scattered states and municipalities which are entirely surrounded by essentially the wild west. Almost

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 1938 Packard said:

You dumb bitch

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NaBernie2020 said:

California also not doing well what with Nevada right next door and the internet existing and all. It's almost like it's not an issue which can effectively addressed with piecemeal laws crafted by and implemented in only a few scattered states and municipalities which are entirely surrounded by essentially the wild west. Almost

An all out prohibition on every firearm in every state and territory can't and won't stop violence.  It's a mindset that needs to be addressed.

• D'oh 1

10 minutes ago, 1938 Packard said:

Chicago would do just great if the surrounding areas also had some gun control. You fuckin dumb  asshole piece of fuck 

• Like 2

Just now, 1pooh4u said:

Chicago would do just great if the surrounding areas also had some gun control. You fuckin dumb  asshole piece of fuck 

Nope.

• D'oh 1

6 minutes ago, 1938 Packard said:

An all out prohibition on every firearm in every state and territory can't and won't stop violence.  It's a mindset that needs to be addressed.

This^ is the mindset that actually needs to be addressed, imo with a bullet 

Joke! Humor! Not totally serious!

• Haha 1

Nope.

Go fuckin huff some chemicals. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NaBernie2020 said:

This^ is the mindset that actually needs to be addressed, imo with a bullet 

Joke! Humor! Not totally serious!

Your pet project needs a little work.  I think he might be self conscious about his really short arms, so you should maybe work on his self esteem a bit.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Your pet project needs a little work.  I think he might be self conscious about his really short arms, so you should maybe work on his self esteem a bit.

You have never made a funny post that i have read, not once.

53 minutes ago, NaBernie2020 said:

You have never made a funny post that i have read, not once.

See?  There's something else you and Packard agree on. You're off to a good start.

• Haha 1

Nobody's keeping us safe with less gun control, you fucking idiot.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, 1938 Packard said:

An all out prohibition on every firearm in every state and territory can't and won't stop violence.

No one's really arguing that it will.  But it would make violence less likely to be lethal, and definitely make single episodes of kill-em-all end with lower body counts.  I think that would be a step forward.

But who knows, since we've never tried it, or anything close to it, before.  Why not try it?  It's unlikely to make things worse.  Hell, if it does (after at least a one year trial), then just repeal all the gun control laws.  It wouldn't take more than a month or three to re-arm everyone.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

You seem oddly upset that a pedophile sex trafficker wound up dead. 🤔

Edited by naraku360
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, 1938 Packard said:

Nobody is asking for a full prohibition, dipshit.

8 hours ago, naraku360 said:

You seem oddly upset that a pedophile sex trafficker wound up dead. 🤔

That dead asshole owes him $3.50. 

That's like a full 6 inch Subway sammich right there. >:( 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, katt_goddess said:

That dead asshole owes him $3.50. 

That's like a full 6 inch Subway sammich right there. >:( 

It's the closest he's gotten to having 6 inches. It was never meant to be. 😥

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, 1938 Packard said:

Don’t you support anti-drug policy?

because I can name probably the biggest factor in violence when it comes to cities like Chicago and it’s anti-drug legislation. 

• Thanks 3

15 hours ago, KreiaDidNothingWrong said:

Don’t you support anti-drug policy?

because I can name probably the biggest factor in violence when it comes to cities like Chicago and it’s anti-drug legislation. 

But you take away all the drugs, and only outlaws will have drugs. Oh wait, I meant to say that no one gets drugs that are illegal. The government keeps them out. The same government that memed the OP.

On 8/11/2019 at 10:27 PM, 1938 Packard said:

Yeah, uh-huh

Tell us how you feel about the border again.

24 minutes ago, PenguinBoss said:

Yeah, uh-huh

Tell us how you feel about the border again.

Come in through the door and wait your turn.  Immigration needs to be orderly, not illegal.

2 minutes ago, 1938 Packard said:

Come in through the door and wait your turn.  Immigration needs to be orderly, not illegal.

And as long as you wait, you're guaranteed a spot here in the United States, right?

• Like 1

Just now, scoobdog said:

And as long as you wait, you're guaranteed a spot here in the United States, right

Can you be self supporting?  Do you have a clean background?

• D'oh 2

3 minutes ago, 1938 Packard said:

You don't. 

You rely on your union to keep those paychecks coming despite your declarations here that you don't do even half the crap your job contains. 

And we've seen pictures of where you live. It's not clean. Dirty background. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

You don't. 

You rely on your union to keep those paychecks coming despite your declarations here that you don't do even half the crap your job contains. 

And we've seen pictures of where you live. It's not clean. Dirty background. 

What's my dirty background?

Oh, and if I'm not an all purpose do all, you'd have to take it up with the management and ownership who signed the contract.

Edited by 1938 Packard
  • D'oh 1

What's my dirty background?

Oh, and if I'm not an all purpose do all, you'd have to take it up with the management and ownership who signed the contract.

Alcohol abuse.  Rampant racism.  All those children you fucked and buried in the backyard.....

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, 1938 Packard said:

What does self supporting mean to you?  I mean, you're not self supporting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scoobdog said:

What does self supporting mean to you?  I mean, you're not self supporting.

I'm working and pay my own bills.

3 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Alcohol abuse.  Rampant racism.  All those children you fucked and buried in the backyard.....

Proof?

Just now, 1938 Packard said:

I'm working and pay my own bills.

That's not self-supporting.  Where's the data showing you are a net benefit to your community?  Your housing is subsidized.  Half of your meals are subsidized (by your union).  Even your transportation is subsidized.  And what do you buy?  Second hand shit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

That's not self-supporting.  Where's the data showing you are a net benefit to your community?  Your housing is subsidized.  Half of your meals are subsidized (by your union).  Even your transportation is subsidized.  And what do you buy?  Second hand shit.

My housing is not at all subsidized by anyone.  Bus, Jitney and cab fare are not free.  Second hand stuff still has to be paid for.

1 minute ago, 1938 Packard said:

My housing is not at all subsidized by anyone. 

How do you know that?

=Bus, Jitney and cab fare are not free.

How much did the road your jitney and cab drove on cost to maintain?  How much is your poor ass paying in taxes?

Second hand stuff still has to be paid for.

No, it was paid for by the initial buyer.  None of they money you spent went to the resources, production, and delivery of that product.

• Like 1

How do you know that?

How much did the road your jitney and cab drove on cost to maintain?  How much is your poor ass paying in taxes?

No, it was paid for by the initial buyer.  None of they money you spent went to the resources, production, and delivery of that product.

I know the housing isn't subsidized because I'm not receiving any rental assistance and neither is the land owner.

I pay federal, state and local income tax, sales tax, utility taxes, use tax, service tax, municipal luxury tax...

And yes, I do occasionally buy brand new things, like my futon and platform bed.

I know the housing isn't subsidized because I'm not receiving any rental assistance and neither is the land owner.

Like I said, how do you know that?  I doubt your landlord would tell you either way.

3 minutes ago, 1938 Packard said:

I pay federal, state and local income tax, sales tax, utility taxes, use tax, service tax, municipal luxury tax...

Not what I asked, shit for brains.  How much do you pay?

And yes, I do occasionally buy brand new things, like my futon and platform bed.

What is the percentage of new products purchased to used?  How many of those products are made in the United States?  Of those, how many were subsidized by the government?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Like I said, how do you know that?  I doubt your landlord would tell you either way.

Not what I asked, shit for brains.  How much do you pay?

What is the percentage of new products purchased to used?  How many of those products are made in the United States?  Of those, how many were subsidized by the government?

It's about an even mix of new and pre-owned.  My point was that I pay well over $3,500 in taxes every year, all taxes considered.  The apartment complex is 100% privately owned by an LLC and is not affiliated with HUD or any federal or state housing.

Edited by 1938 Packard
Double type removed

1 minute ago, 1938 Packard said:

It's about an even mix of new and pre-owned.  My point was that I pay well over $3,500 in taxes every year, all taxes considered.  The apartment complex is 100% privately owned by an LLC and is is not affiliated with HUD or any federal or state housing.

You're too stupid to get it, shit head.  Subsidizing doesn't mean getting something for nothing, it means redirecting funds from other sources to offset losses. Your pathetic existence isn't cheap just because - the cost of you being housed, clothed, fed, and transported is the same as it is for anyone else in the same aggregate economy, but you paying less means someone else has to pay more.

• Like 1

You're too stupid to get it, shit head.  Subsidizing doesn't mean getting something for nothing, it means redirecting funds from other sources to offset losses. Your pathetic existence isn't cheap just because - the cost of you being housed, clothed, fed, and transported is the same as it is for anyone else in the same aggregate economy, but you paying less means someone else has to pay more.

That's total BS.

Look, if you buy a gallon of milk for $3.89 at one store, does that mean that someone else has to pay $4.50 for it at another store?  

No, because that other person still has an option to walk the extra two blocks to the very same store where you shop.

Now, look at my electric bill, for another example.  Last statement, $23.68.  That doesn't mean my neighbor has to pay $500 for the same number of kilowatt hours.  If his bill is too high compared to mine, he should consider cutting his hair shorter and using a towel instead of a 1200 watt blow dryer.

• D'oh 2

2 hours ago, 1938 Packard said:

Yeah, uh-huh

And would you say we need a stronger border? Or different immigration laws? Because it's perfectly legal to not "come through the door" when seeking asylum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PenguinBoss said:

Yeah, uh-huh

And would you say we need a stronger border? Or different immigration laws? Because it's perfectly legal to not "come through the door" when seeking asylum.

One still is required to contact the appropriate authorities and apply for asylum.

So basic economics is too difficult for you @1938 Packard?

I bet you're so proud that you can pay the electrical bill just like a big boy, aren't you?  Wait?  What's that?  Oh that's right, rates for electricity are subsidized.  Granted they're subsidized for everyone but they're still subsidized.  Public utilities can't charge whatever they want:  their rates are dictated by government commissions meaning that rates are suppressed below actual market value.  Electrical utilities have ways of making up for this, including selling electricity to other grids.  Now, you're also (as typical) wrong about rates.  Not everyone pays the same rate because it depends on what your usage is:  businesses and other higher energy usage outlets are in the highest "tier" while nobodies like you in their one room hovels with a single light bulb are in the lowest tier.  Guess what that mean?  That's right:  the businesses paying in the top tier with the highest kWh rate are additionally subsidizing you.  At least you have that milk...

Oops!  Guess what else is subsidized by Uncle Sam?  Yup:  the dairy industry relies on subsidies to combat things like water, feed, and competition from foreign markets.  You know that means, right?  The cool delicious glass of milk costs you less than it costs the dairy farmer to produce.

Oh no!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

So basic economics is too difficult for you @1938 Packard?

I bet you're so proud that you can pay the electrical bill just like a big boy, aren't you?  Wait?  What's that?  Oh that's right, rates for electricity are subsidized.  Granted they're subsidized for everyone but they're still subsidized.  Public utilities can't charge whatever they want:  their rates are dictated by government commissions meaning that rates are suppressed below actual market value.  Electrical utilities have ways of making up for this, including selling electricity to other grids.  Now, you're also (as typical) wrong about rates.  Not everyone pays the same rate because it depends on what your usage is:  businesses and other higher energy usage outlets are in the highest "tier" while nobodies like you in their one room hovels with a single light bulb are in the lowest tier.  Guess what that mean?  That's right:  the businesses paying in the top tier with the highest kWh rate are additionally subsidizing you.  At least you have that milk...

Oops!  Guess what else is subsidized by Uncle Sam?  Yup:  the dairy industry relies on subsidies to combat things like water, feed, and competition from foreign markets.  You know that means, right?  The cool delicious glass of milk costs you less than it costs the dairy farmer to produce.

Oh no!

I'm not talking about commercial rates.  I'm talking about residential rates.

Also, the apartment is five rooms, one hallway and a foyer.  

As for electrical usage, I could just as easily start doing stupid shit like running the air conditioner to forty degrees or run a ten amp hair dryer for two hours every day or plug in a 21 cubic foot chest freezer along with my regular fridge... But I'd just end up with nothing to show for any of it but a $650 electric bill.

• D'oh 1