UnevenEdge
OwlChemist81

Toonami Unevenedge Ratings Discussion 3.0: Let The Good Times Roll!!!!!

32 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Actually, that appears to have been entirely on FUNimation and Sentai, respectively!

That’s one way for FUNi to get people to watch the shows on its own service...

2 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Wait, KOREAN!? Is Demon Slayer actually Korean in origin, rather than Japanese!? It is a Madhouse show so I guess it uses more Korean staff than your average anime, but it's not correct to call such shows "Aeni"...is it?

It's a joke, ya dingus. Although I guess it'd be interesting to see a manwha adaption on Toonami.

1 hour ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Actually, that appears to have been entirely on FUNimation and Sentai, respectively!

I'm seeing people use this as proof of the alleged anti-Toonami conspiracy on Funi's end. Although I know what the latter could gain by censoring some pretty innocuous fanservice, I (still) don't believe it. And let's face it: based on various things DeMarco has said in the past, he could be lying.

2 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

And speaking of negative Demarco memes courtesy of /co/...

Truly He Is Le Faggity Man.jpg

Someone. Please. For the love of god.

Tweet this to him.

Though it's probably an inaccurate joke since DeMarco stated more than once that his crew isn't responsible for the edit.

1 hour ago, elfie said:

Someone. Please. For the love of god.

Tweet this to him.

Though it's probably an inaccurate joke since DeMarco stated more than once that his crew isn't responsible for the edit.

Done and done.

• Haha 1

I was amused by the fact that someone took the time to portray DeMarco as an NPC.

As far as edits, I doubt it is his fault entirely, or even principally.

I would like to see some kind of audience engagement effort. Even if it was "what's your watch party look like" followed by shots of lonely weebs in rooms full of Gundam models and those plastic Nami dolls it is something that builds connection to the audience.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ginguy said:

I was amused by the fact that someone took the time to portray DeMarco as an NPC.

I would like to see some kind of audience engagement effort. Even if it was "what's your watch party look like" followed by shots of lonely weebs in rooms full of Gundam models and those plastic Nami dolls it is something that builds connection to the audience.

You should have given this advice to Adult Swim circa 2005.  They’d be on it like gravy on poutine.

1 hour ago, Ginguy said:

That's a kind of old sketch. I remember seeing it in several other places for months.

I'm not annoyed by the edit itself. I'm annoyed that we have so many questions and DeMarco is just so DISTANT all of a sudden! He was active in getting to the bottom of both the SAO glitch and the DB Super low framerate, talking with the guys responsible for them, offering a fix, MAKING a fix, and reporting back to the fans!! Now he's all like "who are you!? I didn't do it! End of story! Here's a tweet about how much I appreciate all editors in all of filmmaking!"

7 hours ago, Blatch said:

It's a joke, ya dingus. Although I guess it'd be interesting to see a manwha adaption on Toonami.

I'm seeing people use this as proof of the alleged anti-Toonami conspiracy on Funi's end. Although I know what the latter could gain by censoring some pretty innocuous fanservice, I (still) don't believe it. And let's face it: based on various things DeMarco has said in the past, he could be lying.

FUNimation sent them an edited dub for the first episode of MHA. Entirely believable they would pull more nonsense like that.

• Like 2

More numbers:

https://programminginsider.com/saturday-final-ratings-aquaman-posts-most-watched-hbo-theatrical-movie-premiere-since-justice-league-in-july-2018/

8/10/19 - Adults 18-49
Show Viewers Retention
DBZ Kai 128,000  
DBS (R)  154,000 120.31%
  TOONAMI  
DBS (P) 429,000 108.06%
Gen:LOCK 264,000 61.54%
FireForce 253,000 95.83%
LupinPt5 216,000 85.38%
FoodWars! 208,000 96.30%
B. Clover 188,000 90.38%
Boruto 173,000 92.02%
Shippuden 158,000 91.33%
Gundam 171,000 108.23%
MHA 169,000 98.83%
AVERAGE 222,900 19 of 32

Granted, the number of 18-49 viewers we have for Family Guy is an estimate, so also is the retention factor of Dragon Ball Super, but still, there is like greater than a 50% chance that Gundam edged it out. Gen:LOCK by far is the worst retainer, but even it is not AS bad as it was last week, nor is it as bad as total viewers, which might indicate its target audience retention is growing. The whole night actually did better than almost half of the year so far, but still in the bottom half. And what's kind of sad is how bad the same shit-coms that play each and every stupid night on NAN are kicking everything on the lineup's ass but Dragon Ball Super, though this week did fail to beat gen:LOCK and sort of tied with Fire Force only in 18-49. Everything else on the lineup though? No contest, NAN wins once Lupin comes on, which is a shame since it has the best reviews of anything on the lineup.

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

No, but I got four likes and two retweets, and that's good enough for me.

Besides, I'd rather he not block me, in the event that I want to reply to one of his future tweets.

Twitter is the internet equivalent of Cleveland's lake fire....

That aside, the cuts in fire force were not terrible. GenLOCK first episode felt disjointed, the second one did not, which might explain some of the increase. I think it might be a good show for what it is, but they had better have something better lined up. Who knew aggressive meat management would pay off when the target audience is a bunch of dateless weebs....

I'm kind of surprised that Shippuden didn't do better, it is the war after all, and it is pretty good honestly.

8 minutes ago, Ginguy said:

Twitter is the internet equivalent of Cleveland's lake fire....

In my opinion, it's more of a cleaner, less on-fire Ohio lake. Probably because I tune out the political bullshit that pervades the Tweetsphere and only follow anitubers and fetish artists who are smart enough to shut up about politics.

• Like 1

There's nothing more annoying than trying to watch and tweet about Toonami and a whole bunch of political BS comes up. I usually try to filter it out by using whichever show is airing's hashtag, but not always.

And Facebook and Toonami just plain don't mix (though ironically Toonami DOES have a great Facebook page!)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

There's nothing more annoying than trying to watch and tweet about Toonami and a whole bunch of political BS comes up. I usually try to filter it out by using whichever show is airing's hashtag, but not always.

And Facebook and Toonami just plain don't mix (though ironically Toonami DOES have a great Facebook page!)

It helps that Jasongill plug the FB group on every Pre-Flight episode and on Twitter.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

You need to cool it with your Trump support.....I know you love the guy but take a break once in a while!

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Daos said:

You need to cool it with your Trump support.....I know you love the guy but take a break once in a while!

Say what? You think I actually approve of Trump? You haven't been following me much if you think that. Nothing could be further from the truth! I actually spend almost as many hours weekly watching MSNBC as watching Toonami, and I'm even thinking about voting for Bill Weld in the Republican primary, just to do my part as directly as possible to stop Trump from getting a second term! But I digress.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-wednesday-cable-originals-network-finals-8-14-2019.html

Boy howdy, those Bojack Horseman ratings are terrible! I actually believe that if Netflix takes a chance on letting one of its originals air on Toonami, it might even be the highest-rated Netflix original to ever air in syndication on basic cable! Even the 200K-300K Toonami shows that aren't Dragon Ball Super get these days can beat THAT!

Edited by OwlChemist81