UnevenEdge
Cuck_Destroyer

Based Science Man Calls Out Your Shitlib Agenda

Being smart doesn't mean you can't be stupid at the same time....The problem here isn't the volumes of lives lost, it's that lives are lost because some angry entitlement victim felt like people no longer deserved their lives and took it upon themselves to willfully end them.

Response to spectacle?....Like the violent response people are having to Trump's constant endorsement for harming innocent people?

But keep seeking that validation....Maybe you'll find that one voice that is too scary to challenge.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Cuck_Destroyer said:

INCEL RAGE

incel.thumb.jpg.46ac307188b18a63a84ec34f698e4770.jpg

I thought that was 3 pictures of the same person. I guess all incels look alike. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

He apologized, but in a way that's still pretty tone-deaf.

**reads his apology** he didn't apologize at all he just doubled down on what he said in a condescening "I'm so brilliant" way

he just made a post patting himself on the shoulder for the original tweet and called it apology

He says all this, but he’s had more to say about the science behind the movie Gravity than our nation’s suicide rate or malpractice cases. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, imchapp.in said:

He says all this, but he’s had more to say about the science behind the movie Gravity than our nation’s suicide rate or malpractice cases. 

And Frozen 2

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Cuck_Destroyer said:

INCEL RAGE

incel.thumb.jpg.46ac307188b18a63a84ec34f698e4770.jpg

The funny part about this post is that they’re your brand of McVirgin. 

I’d probably be able to argue they’re from the same factory 

Edited by KreiaDidNothingWrong
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

The reason why this is invalid is because literally all of those things (with the exception of homicide by handgun) aren't 100% preventable.

-Medical errors are always going to happen and there is nothing that can ever be done about it. Technology fails and even the best and brightest doctors make mistakes. 

- Deaths due to the flu are usually the elderly or infants. This will continue to happen and nobody will ever be able to prevent it. Even significant medical advances will only slow it but never prevent it.

- Comparing suicide to mass shootings is asinine. With suicide there are so many variables. People who are terminally ill, sever depression etc. Again suicide has always been around and isn't going anywhere.

- Car accidents are far from preventable. There are so many safety measures put in place but they still happen. Thats what makes them accidents. Having a car accident is surprisingly easy. However, it is 100% physically impossible to accidentally kill 20 people with an assault rifle. Invalid argument.

This tweet is stupid and it further deflects from the actual problem at hand which only hinders our ability to all agree on what needs to be done. There is no reason why anyone should ever own an assault weapon. A handgun or a shotgun is more than adequate for home defense. 

There will always be random killings. I know this slightly contradicts my argument but here's the point: we CAN make it significantly harder for the average citizen to kill massive amounts of people. In other words it would be way way more difficult to kill 20 people with a glock than an AR15. 

Comparing mass shootings to things like car accidents and medical error is completely invalid. It's a straw mans argument because in every case there's almost nothing that can be done about those things as they are based in human error. A mass shooting requires intention, months of planning, and serious work. They will never happen by accident.

Edited by That_One_Guy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Tyson is right, emotion fuels mistakes. Emotional decisions is how we got the Patriot Act, NSA wire tapping of US citizens without court oversight. It's also how we got into Vietnam. I'm all for doing something via regulation that is well planned out and addresses the actual problem, but urging caution in how we proceed is not heartless, there was a very specific reason for his statement that many people seem to be missing.

When Senator Feingold stood on the floor of Congress as the only senator to oppose the Patriot Act in 2001, warning that it was being rushed in without proper debate, saying that it infringed civil liberties, and knowing well that legislation with that kind of monumental impact on the American way of life can not be easily undone once it is put in place he was called all kinds of names and had the same type of shitty knee jerk reactionary faux outrage sentiments thrown at him too.

Well Senator Feingold was right and the rest were wrong, as was proven last year when the Patriot Act was renewed yet again even after 3 major scandals.

3 hours ago, PenguinBoss said:

Yeah, that'd be a nice argument if a mass shooting wasn't a daily occurrence, Sandy.

It's not. These are the outlier events. That was part of his point as well. I'm not sure why urging that people take time and address a problem rationally instead of emotionally is a bad thing. 

• D'oh 1

3 hours ago, Sandstone said:

It's not. These are the outlier events. That was part of his point as well. I'm not sure why urging that people take time and address a problem rationally instead of emotionally is a bad thing. 

Mass shootings, commonly defined as 3-4 or more victims being shot or killed, have been happening since before I was born. But in the past ten years the numbers have grown exponentially. 

I saw people bleeding out on the sidewalk during the Route 91 shooting two years ago. That shit is still happening. When's a good time to discuss it? If there's a mass shooting nigh every day in this country, when's a good time to discuss this? It keeps happening. Nothing is being done except more killings. 

When's a good time? How long should we wait? You tell me. Tell me how long we wait before we're no longer being emotional but rational. 

You ever see a young girl choking on her own blood while she bleeds out from a hole in her neck? I have. She just wanted to go to a concert and have a fun night.

She's dead.

Hundreds, maybe thousands at this point, have died in this country alone from this type of incident. 

When's a good time? 

• Like 8

There's no debate to be had. We know exactly what will cut down on the frequency of these incidents. Fuck the inbred part of the country that's standing in the way. 

6 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

There's no debate to be had. We know exactly what will cut down on the frequency of these incidents. Fuck the inbred part of the country that's standing in the way. 

Easy for you to say in your ivory urban area, free from the threat of roving packs of wild hogs. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NaBernie2020 said:

Easy for you to say in your ivory urban area, free from the threat of roving packs of wild hogs. 

Even taken as sarcasm....Wut?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sandstone said:

Tyson is right, emotion fuels mistakes. Emotional decisions is how we got the Patriot Act, NSA wire tapping of US citizens without court oversight. It's also how we got into Vietnam. I'm all for doing something via regulation that is well planned out and addresses the actual problem, but urging caution in how we proceed is not heartless, there was a very specific reason for his statement that many people seem to be missing.

When Senator Feingold stood on the floor of Congress as the only senator to oppose the Patriot Act in 2001, warning that it was being rushed in without proper debate, saying that it infringed civil liberties, and knowing well that legislation with that kind of monumental impact on the American way of life can not be easily undone once it is put in place he was called all kinds of names and had the same type of shitty knee jerk reactionary faux outrage sentiments thrown at him too.

Well Senator Feingold was right and the rest were wrong, as was proven last year when the Patriot Act was renewed yet again even after 3 major scandals.

Emotions may fuel mistakes but don't confuse greed for caution. 

They may keep saying that something must be done and let's consider starting with x. And then a check gets written and it's all back to twitted 'thoughts and prayers' instead because some turtle doesn't want to make time for anything else on the floor. 

• Like 1

He might've had a point to make if he clarified that we actually care and do shit about all that other shit. Got safety standards in place for all of those, why not guns?

17 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

Emotions may fuel mistakes but don't confuse greed for caution. 

They may keep saying that something must be done and let's consider starting with x. And then a check gets written and it's all back to twitted 'thoughts and prayers' instead because some turtle doesn't want to make time for anything else on the floor. 

I would definitely agree that being luled back to sleep repeatedly on this issue is not a good idea either. It's very hard to hit the sweet spot for issues like this which are a real problem but have the potential to be dealt with in an overly authoritarian manner if we rush it.

On 8/6/2019 at 12:27 PM, GunStarHero said:

Mass shootings, commonly defined as 3-4 or more victims being shot or killed, have been happening since before I was born. But in the past ten years the numbers have grown exponentially. 

I saw people bleeding out on the sidewalk during the Route 91 shooting two years ago. That shit is still happening. When's a good time to discuss it? If there's a mass shooting nigh every day in this country, when's a good time to discuss this? It keeps happening. Nothing is being done except more killings. 

When's a good time? How long should we wait? You tell me. Tell me how long we wait before we're no longer being emotional but rational. 

You ever see a young girl choking on her own blood while she bleeds out from a hole in her neck? I have. She just wanted to go to a concert and have a fun night.

She's dead.

Hundreds, maybe thousands at this point, have died in this country alone from this type of incident. 

When's a good time? 

Hold on now. I never said anything about waiting to address this issue. If that is the impression you were getting, I'm sorry for not being more clear. I very much want to see something finally put into place to try to stem these mass shooter incidents. My worry is that this is an opportunity for us to put into place bad legislation because of the level of emotional fervor going on right now. This is the same thing that happened post 911 and I don't want to see such a thing happen again.

We can and should do something but we need to be careful whenever we start talks about legislation that will directly affect civil liberties. That isn't saying we don't need something just that we need to be as calm and rational when talking about what needs to be done as possible. Design something that is targeted at the problem and not descend into madness or just givin blanket power's to the government, which is what happened with the Patriot Act.

Please don't think I'm somehow advocating that no action be taken because that is not what I said and it certainly isn't what I meant.

On 8/6/2019 at 9:37 AM, Sho Minamimoto said:

Sandstone can't be real.

I really don't know what you mean. Perfectly real, and I don't read minds so if you have some issue with something I said let's talk about it.

6 hours ago, Sandstone said:

Hold on now. I never said anything about waiting to address this issue. If that is the impression you were getting, I'm sorry for not being more clear. I very much want to see something finally put into place to try to stem these mass shooter incidents. My worry is that this is an opportunity for us to put into place bad legislation because of the level of emotional fervor going on right now. This is the same thing that happened post 911 and I don't want to see such a thing happen again.

We can and should do something but we need to be careful whenever we start talks about legislation that will directly affect civil liberties. That isn't saying we don't need something just that we need to be as calm and rational when talking about what needs to be done as possible. Design something that is targeted at the problem and not descend into madness or just givin blanket power's to the government, which is what happened with the Patriot Act.

Please don't think I'm somehow advocating that no action be taken because that is not what I said and it certainly isn't what I meant.

At this point, any legislation restricting gun use is rational and is not emotional by default.

• Like 1