UnevenEdge

Fairy Tail Anime Discussion Thread

ben0119

19 hours ago, elfie said:

One Piece is NOT the best example of LGBT representation!

it's quite horrible actually

only saving grace is that the gay men in it are physically powerfull

but they're all hideous and canonically hated and feared by everyone in the world except for a hand full of the straw hats (even Bon Clay's own crew were terrified of him and it rather transparently had nothing to do with his fighting ability and everything to do with the fact that he fucked men)

at least in Fairy Tail Bob is a well respected and beloved guildmaster, even if men do recoil in horror when he flirts with them

Edited by mochi
  • Thanks 2

Tennrou Island Arc -

So, this is kind of an odd setup for this Class S Trial. They have partners to help them? But those partners don't gain anything in this? Just thought that part was strange. Guess it is to encourage camaraderie and team work.

Cana was prominent and actually developed in this arc. Can't say I expected that. I always thought she was just going to be that drunk girl at the guild. :D I have the same reaction to her moment with Gildarts as Happy and Natsu did. T__T

I like the stuff about fear and knowing when you're beat, etc. Gildarts seems like a good mentor.

Erza vs that tree dude was fricken epic!

The way Natsu beat the dark fire guy was pretty impressive and creative. Use up all of his own magic so he could eat that 'toxic' fire.

As the former master of Fairy Tail, it's unfortunate to see Hades go down the DARK PATH.

The fight against the sumo guy was fun, and creative. I liked Lucy being used as a weapon LOL.

So, that tree protects people? Stops them from dying? Is that why nobody in the show has died yet? :D Or does it just work on the island?

We finally got the reveal of what the heck has been going on with Ultear. Definitely seemed pretty evil, but it turns out she was just extremely misguided. She had to know her power couldn't reverse time on that level. Very sad. I like the story with her “daughter” too.

Lulz, Juvia has gone even more batshit in this arc. :D

For a while there I thought Mirajane had actually died to save Lisanna. This would be a bit poetic and also show that Lisanna coming back wasn't without cost. Turns out Mirajane wasn't actually dead of course, heh.

Grimoire Heart... have you learned nothing from the lessons of past villains ambition? Trying to revive the ULTIMATE EVIL POWER almost always backfires. :D What the hell made them think they could control Zeref or that he would just go along with their plans, anyway?

Thought at first the government dude was yet another of those new Fairy Tail members introduced that was just always around but we never saw (like Gildarts, among others), but the characters themselves couldn't remember him either. :D He actually messed with people's memories! You know, given this guys' powers, the memory manipulation and the teleporting, he could be a force to be reckoned with. But, he's just a government spy, and doesn't seem to have much fighting power.

Where is this Levy x Gajeel stuff coming from? Did I miss or forget something? I know I had a decent break between where I left off before at Daphne and picking up with Edolas. I mean, these two first met with Gajeel stringing her up in the center for town for god's sake.

Gotta say I didn't expect Gajeel to fall to those scout guys either. Guess Gajeel had to “put over” Grimoire Heart, heh.

The new Grand Magic Council seems even worse than the old one. Is there any anime where the government isn't shitty?

So there are three great Fairy Tail spells. Here we get to see all of them in use. I wonder if Fairy Glitter or whatever that move was Cana used will be used again, to its full potential hopefully. But, she lost the spell? It's not permanent? She also acted like it was a good thing that she didn't have it anymore, which was odd.

Hmm, I really like the voice actor for Zeref. Not sure I've heard his work before but he did great with this character.

With how Zeref kept talking about how he knew Natsu, but Natsu didn't remember him, from the OP, I guessed that that kid was Zeref who spent time in Fairy Tail but this was somehow wiped from everyone's minds. Boy was I wrong. :D I'm sure Zeref's whole deal will be more elaborated upon later though. I'm curious, to say the least! Also, this guy wasn't some pure evil wizard like everyone thought, and those keys didn't actually do anything. So, that was surprising. Interesting developments!

Okay yeah I figured that those two Thunder Legion guys had to have thrown that fight.

Final fight against Hades was awesome.

Did not expect to see Laxus back. So that was cool. Not sure how a fire lightning dragon works, but it was awesome! :D

The show had been building up the dragons for a while so we knew when we finally saw one that it would be a big deal. This encounter did not disappoint. That thing was scary! Love the design too. Wonder why he decided to attack though? Also I was surprised that Hades wasn't aware of him. Guess he doesn't know about all of the evil stuffs in the world, heh.

Kinda surprised how easily Makarov let off Hades. Killing him when he's defenseless probably wouldn't be cool, but he could at least had those government people arrest him. Then again, Zeref shows up to punish him anyway, heh.

So, that ghosty girl was Mavis Vermillion? Why make her look so creepy? What's with her eyes? She's supposed to be like this guardian angel... fairy... but so creepy. D:

So, I thought the island might have actually been destroyed, but figured that those Fairy Tail members obviously survived somehow. Apparently that spell froze them in time for seven years. I think the island being destroyed would be a big enough blow dealt to Fairy Tail without having anyone killed (Makarov fakeout for the umpteenth time though of course). Then again, we never even knew about the island until now, and when the guild hall was destroyed by Phantom Lord they just rebuilt it.

Got to say I did not expect the seven year time jump. We would probably care more if any of the more major members were actually left in the squalor of the past seven years, but I think the repercussions we see happen to the members who were on the island may be pretty serious, which we already saw a bit of.

One thing about it though I think is silly. Why do they owe rent? Weren't they all presumed dead? Their apartments would have been rented out to someone else. You don't pay rent for when you weren't even there... Also the girls' owe rent for living in Fairy Tails' own dorm... you'd think that would just be forgiven? And again, THEY WERE PRESUMED DEAD. Also that whole girls dorm thing was just randomly introduced out of nowhere this arc when we never heard about it before. I thought everyone just had their own place, like Lucy. Not a big deal, but still, haha.

And with how Lucy kept going on about her dad, I knew for sure something was going to happen with him. Didn't expect him to die. Though maybe I'm forgetting something but didn't Lucy have a terrible relationship with him and their last encounter wasn't even pleasant? Not sure why she's that sad he died. I would look up stuff on wiki to see what I might have forgotten but I don't want to get spoiled.

Lucy's mom looks exactly like her. We got just a tidbit about her this arc. Hope we learn more about her later.

Damn it, I want to know about that 10 Wizard Saints meeting and the other stuff we heard about. I bet a lot has changed in the past seven years.

After everything that happened on Tennrou Island I thought Makarov might make everyone who went there a Class S Wizard for the bravery they showed in the battle against Grimoire Heart!  But nope. :D

All I can think of at the moment. If I remember more I'll post some more later. But, good arc!

Looks like the next one is filler. And it's 25 episodes, so it's a full-on arc and not a mini-arc like Daphne. Well, with marathonning I should be able to get through it quickly!

Edited by ben0119

On 1/29/2018 at 10:19 AM, elfie said:

Indeed I said that i keep going back to this show despite all that because there's this charm to it. The rainbow colors, basic character archetypes, excellent Celtic-inspired rock OST, and saturday-morning-style adventures make it feel like you're eating sweets.  Early on I did cry a bit, such as during Gray's past, or Lucy trying to make amends with her father again, or during Cana's realization in the Tenrou Island arc. ..... actually, I'm a sucker for parent stories I guess.

Yeah there's a lot to love about this show.  I mean it's nice to have around as a counterbalance to all the edgelord shit that's out there.  The OST is great but there needs to be more songs, heh.  Still, the ones it has are so catchy!  There was a lot of that in the Tennrou Island Arc I just watched.  Ultear's story and the girl she raised.  And Cana, man... T__T

Edited by ben0119

On 1/29/2018 at 5:18 PM, mochi said:

I would agree with that, I don't think fairy tail is out-right bad

it just feels inherently a bit more amaturish and fanmade than some other shonen series tend to, which isn't a bad thing in and of itself

I also can't fault it on the grounds that it is the only shonen manga I've ever seen that acknowlages that macho gay men exist and that not every single gay man is an Okama

as this character

latest?cb=20120727141529

is confirmed to be Gay

Reveal hidden contents

(and has a female counterpart in another dimension who is a lesbian but that's another story)

mary_hughes_by_kagomechan27-d55jhwo.png

as well as this character who is later confirmed to be gay

latest?cb=20120512095331

(by way of him getting turned on by Gray's stripping)

not that Okama's don't exist in their world either

because Bob is a thing

latest?cb=20121102232530

but, ironically, even Bob is revealed to have been handsome and Macho when he was a teenager

latest?cb=20110313083937

(I've also been informed that there's an implication that Bob actually makes himself look like that as an adult with magic specifically to gross out insecure straight boys and is actually still good looking in his personal life but I dunno if that was true or just a headcanon)

all of this is in start contrast to shows like One Piece

which make it specifically clear that ONLY Okama gay men exist and makes them as disgusting looking as it possible can

Zbnwj0i.jpg

I mean heck in comparison Bob is actually sort of Okay looking, he just sorta looks like a fat old man with lipstick and rouge, the gay men in One Piece don't even look human

I think I see what you mean.  It's kind of "off-brand" for lack of a better term, haha.  But not in a bad way, yeah.  And it's nice to have alternatives.

I'm sure there's others but it might take some digging.  Also implied gay or headcanon gay doesn't always mean confirmed gay.  For example, Ikkaku and Yumichika could easily be a couple, but it's never stated that their relationship goes beyond close friends/brotherly thing.  I don't think it was ever even confirmed that Yoruichi is bi and Soifon lesbian, but it seems very likely to me.  At the same time, it could have always just been meant to be a close mentor/motherly/sisterly relationship, and Soifon was jealous of Urahara like a kid is jealous when their mom dates a guy.  It could go either way.

That's one of the Edolas characters isn't it?

I haven't seen the girl version.  Maybe that's his counterpart in Earthland.

So is that one.  Sugar Boy, right?  Another Edolas character.  I thought he could possibly be gay, but when he and Gray are fighting over the key to the Dragon Chain Cannon and he freezes their hands together, Sugar Boy says something about how he isn't fond of holding hands with men for an extended period of time.

Regardless of whether Bob uses magic to look like that or just aged horribly, I think it's pretty obvious that he flirts with straight guys to fuck with them, lol.

I don't recall that Bon Clay's crew was terrified of him.  Yeah, it was a pretty big misstep when the queens were introduced.  Not that the show was perfect before or anything, but it's a pretty big blemish in my view.  Also keep in mind Bon Clay wasn't stated to be gay before he appeared again in the Impel Down arc, nor was homosexuality as a concept ever mentioned.  Bon Clay also doesn't look like an inhuman abomination, as over-the-top as he may be.  But, given we know that Oda helped create that gay Shishio underling, there's an obvious pattern here and it seems Oda likes to include these characters for whatever reason.  Like some of the horrible ethnic portrayals in past media, Oda probably thinks what he is doing is "inclusive" and "progressive," too. *sigh*

Edited by ben0119

On 1/29/2018 at 10:15 AM, elfie said:

FYI, all or some of the OVAs are taken directly from Mashima's omakes/bonus chapters he just does for lulz/trollings/fapping.

So Mashima's hands might not be clean, then. D: I'll have to look up that OVA on the wikia after I watch it to see, what, if any manga chapters it's based on.

Edited by ben0119

Well, I considered skipping the filler, but I'm a bit of a completionist.  If nothing else, I'll only have to watch them once, haha.  I did hear the filler arcs were terrible, but I figure mileage can vary.  And nothing can be worse than Bleach's Bount Arc, right? :P I actually blocked most of that from memory!

What the fuck?

The Daphne Arc actually wasn't bad, but it was short.  Though it was silly that something as big as GRAY'S BETRAYAL happened in filler, even if it wasn't a real betrayal.  Also, Gray's plan kind of didn't make sense, lol.  Yeah, it's never fun when things drag, canon or filler.

6 hours ago, ben0119 said:

The Daphne Arc actually wasn't bad, but it was short.  Though it was silly that something as big as GRAY'S BETRAYAL happened in filler, even if it wasn't a real betrayal.  Also, Gray's plan kind of didn't make sense, lol.  Yeah, it's never fun when things drag, canon or filler.

The Daphne Arc to me was .... just a Thing that Happens. It was amusing not there wasn't much to it compared to other arcs.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ben0119 said:

I think I see what you mean.  It's kind of "off-brand" for lack of a better term, haha.  But not in a bad way, yeah.  And it's nice to have alternatives.

I'm sure there's others but it might take some digging.  Also implied gay or headcanon gay doesn't always mean confirmed gay.  For example, Ikkaku and Yumichika could easily be a couple, but it's never stated that their relationship goes beyond close friends/brotherly thing.  I don't think it was ever even confirmed that Yoruichi is bi and Soifon lesbian, but it seems very likely to me.  At the same time, it could have always just been meant to be a close mentor/motherly/sisterly relationship, and Soifon was jealous of Urahara like a kid is jealous when their mom dates a guy.  It could go either way.

That's one of the Edolas characters isn't it?

Reveal hidden contents

I haven't seen the girl version.  Maybe that's his counterpart in Earthland.

So is that one.  Sugar Boy, right?  Another Edolas character.  I thought he could possibly be gay, but when he and Gray are fighting over the key to the Dragon Chain Cannon and he freezes their hands together, Sugar Boy says something about how he isn't fond of holding hands with men for an extended period of time.

Regardless of whether Bob uses magic to look like that or just aged horribly, I think it's pretty obvious that he flirts with straight guys to fuck with them, lol.

I don't recall that Bon Clay's crew was terrified of him.  Yeah, it was a pretty big misstep when the queens were introduced.  Not that the show was perfect before or anything, but it's a pretty big blemish in my view.  Also keep in mind Bon Clay wasn't stated to be gay before he appeared again in the Impel Down arc, nor was homosexuality as a concept ever mentioned.  Bon Clay also doesn't look like an inhuman abomination, as over-the-top as he may be.  But, given we know that Oda helped create that gay Shishio underling, there's an obvious pattern here and it seems Oda likes to include these characters for whatever reason.  Like some of the horrible ethnic portrayals in past media, Oda probably thinks what he is doing is "inclusive" and "progressive," too. *sigh*

there is to date one genuinely attractive Okama in One Piece "Izo"

latest?cb=20170120192721

he happens to look A LOT, like the Okama Oda designed for Ruroni Kenshin

latest?cb=20120711145033

Bon Clay is only good looking when he's bare faced, which he has only ever been one time in the whole series, and even then, was still wearing blush and eyeshadow (just more demure eyeshadow)

latest?cb=20130526132149

edit: I know this is technically off topic sorry

Edited by mochi
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, elfie said:

Ooooooh right. With the bizarro Celestial Spirits! 

What wait? Infinity Clock arc is about the infinity clock. The Celestial spirit arc is the one with the bizarro spirits. They're both filler arcs and both just awful.

On 2/2/2018 at 3:50 PM, mochi said:

there is to date one genuinely attractive Okama in One Piece "Izo"

latest?cb=20170120192721

he happens to look A LOT, like the Okama Oda designed for Ruroni Kenshin

latest?cb=20120711145033

Bon Clay is only good looking when he's bare faced, which he has only ever been one time in the whole series, and even then, was still wearing blush and eyeshadow (just more demure eyeshadow)

latest?cb=20130526132149

edit: I know this is technically off topic sorry

Yeah I've seen him.  Oh I never noticed they look similar.

Either way Bon Clay has a buttchin.  But like I said at least he looks human haha.

• 7 months later...

https://comicbook.com/anime/2018/08/24/fairy-tail-final-season-first-trailer-anime/

Craaaap!  Skimmed through this to avoid spoilers and it says the final season is coming in October!  Do I have time to watch the rest of the episodes by then?  Was going to watch the filler too, for completionist purposes, but I may have to skip it?  I just finished the Tennrou Island Arc.  So I've watched 125 episode and have 152 left to watch, if I don't skip filller. x_x Damn it, I knew I should have been watching it all this time but I kept getting side tracked!

• 3 weeks later...

Currently plowing through Grand Magic Games.  Great arc so far!  I'll give my thoughts when I finish it.

That cliffhanger is pure evil.  Glad I am binging this and didn't have to wait for the second anime to come.

And wow, much higher production values!  Great art quality and actual animation!  Why couldn't the first anime be like this?!

Do we know when the new anime is coming in October?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Currently plowing through Grand Magic Games.  Great arc so far!  I'll give my thoughts when I finish it.

That cliffhanger is pure evil.  Glad I am binging this and didn't have to wait for the second anime to come.

And wow, much higher production values!  Great art quality and actual animation!  Why couldn't the first anime be like this?!

Do we know when the new anime is coming in October?

Yeah, Grand Magic games is really good and addictive! I binged it too with my blu-rays, I agree I couldn't imagine having to stop and wait for that next season to start lol

The animation is better and less stills (though I kind of miss those controversial magic circles and their music hype lol), but there is one thing, I definitely found myself missing the brighter colors of the first series. FT 2014 is a little more "hazy" filtered than I think it needed to be even with the darker content. The occasionally see-through hair look also took some getting used to after so many eps of the first series. Still loved both though. :)

I think the two pretty typical FT shonen action movies did a good job having both styles together in terms of higher production values and those closer-to-manga designs while also keeping some of the more vibrant coloring.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2018 at 2:25 PM, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, Grand Magic games is really good and addictive! I binged it too with my blu-rays, I agree I couldn't imagine having to stop and wait for that next season to start lol

The animation is better and less stills (though I kind of miss those controversial magic circles and their music hype lol), but there is one thing, I definitely found myself missing the brighter colors of the first series. FT 2014 is a little more "hazy" filtered than I think it needed to be even with the darker content. The occasionally see-through hair look also took some getting used to after so many eps of the first series. Still loved both though. :)

I think the two pretty typical FT shonen action movies did a good job having both styles together in terms of higher production values and those closer-to-manga designs while also keeping some of the more vibrant coloring.

The whole show is.  But I think that filler made me procrastinate and put off watching more.  If I had just skipped it in the first place I wouldn't be in the boat I'm in now!   It would've been pretty bad indeed.  I remember when Bleach had a dub break at 167 (final episode of original Inuyasha too, hmm) I ended up watching the sub and then reading the manga.  Pretty out of character for me, since I prefer anime to manga and dubs to subs, and like watching with everyone else on TV.  But someone from the boards back then who was new to the series and catching up wanted to keep pushing forward, so I went ahead and marathonned past that with her, lol.  I even repurposed that Hollow_Gojiro alt to participate in the Bleach manga thread LOL.

Not even gonna joke when I say I think the first Fairy Tail anime may have had the worst animation I've ever seen.  Lots of stills and even when there was motion it wasn't very fluid.  Loooots of animation cheats.  I can only imagine how some of those fights might have looked with the second series' animation!

Magic Circles?  Aren't those just for certain spells?  Or are you talking about the recycled sequences for some attacks?  I haven't noticed it being that hazy looking.  I'll check the next time I watch it.  Worth noting the manga art style evolves as the series goes along.  I only read the first volume, but checking it against later ones, it definitely changed a lot.  See-through hair is new, eh?  It's in lots of anime, though.

Haven't watched the movies, yet.  I'll probably save those when I get caught up.  I only see one movie on Funimation Now.  The Phoenix Priestesses, and no OVAs.  Does Funimation not have them?  Does that mean they aren't dubbed?  I'm really looking forward to the Rave Master crossover one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

The whole show is.  But I think that filler made me procrastinate and put off watching more.  If I had just skipped it in the first place I wouldn't be in the boat I'm in now!   It would've been pretty bad indeed.  I remember when Bleach had a dub break at 167 (final episode of original Inuyasha too, hmm) I ended up watching the sub and then reading the manga.  Pretty out of character for me, since I prefer anime to manga and dubs to subs, and like watching with everyone else on TV.  But someone from the boards back then who was new to the series and catching up wanted to keep pushing forward, so I went ahead and marathonned past that with her, lol.  I even repurposed that Hollow_Gojiro alt to participate in the Bleach manga thread LOL.

Not even gonna joke when I say I think the first Fairy Tail anime may have had the worst animation I've ever seen.  Lots of stills and even when there was motion it wasn't very fluid.  Loooots of animation cheats.  I can only imagine how some of those fights might have looked with the second series' animation!

Magic Circles?  Aren't those just for certain spells?  Or are you talking about the recycled sequences for some attacks?  I haven't noticed it being that hazy looking.  I'll check the next time I watch it.  Worth noting the manga art style evolves as the series goes along.  I only read the first volume, but checking it against later ones, it definitely changed a lot.  See-through hair is new, eh?  It's in lots of anime, though.

Haven't watched the movies, yet.  I'll probably save those when I get caught up.  I only see one movie on Funimation Now.  The Phoenix Priestesses, and no OVAs.  Does Funimation not have them?  Does that mean they aren't dubbed?  I'm really looking forward to the Rave Master crossover one.

If you want Omake and Ova stuff you're always going to have to pirate.

New season is out btw, hurry up and finish!

• Haha 1

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I DIDN'T GET CAUGHT UP IN TIME!  BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHBLAAALLL!  BLAAAAAH-BOOOOOOOLAAAAHHHHH!

WHY DID WE ONLY KNOW IT WAS COMING IN "OCTOBER" ALL THE WAY UP TO SEPTEMBER?!  I WAS HOPING IT WOULD COME AT THE END!

I'm on episode 189.  Well, gotta' get back to chopping at that tree!  Hopefully I'll be caught up by the second or third episode of the new season.  I want to be current for at least part of this series, damn it! 

DAMN YOU TO HELL ASA AND DEMARCO FOR NEVER GETTING FAIRY TAIL!  I'LL NEVER MAKE THE MISTAKE OF SAVING AN ANIME FOR YOU AGAIN!

I already skipped the first big filler arc from 125-150, planning to skip the second one when I get to it.  You'd also be surprised how many episodes of something I can watch in a relatively short period of time.

https://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/fairy-tail

Sites like this are invaluable.  But hopefully becoming obsolete as the seasonal model becomes the norm!

Oh right. New episode.  Comin' back here. Yeah I must love torturing myself massively if I willingly tune in to follow FAIRY TAIL of all things when the anime returns, after all the strive and roller-coasters of emotions and frustrations it gives me.

So far the new season is starting fine though.

1 hour ago, ben0119 said:

Funimation has never ever got the license to the OVAs. 

26 minutes ago, elfie said:

Oh right. New episode.  Comin' back here. Yeah I must love torturing myself massively if I willingly tune in to follow FAIRY TAIL of all things when the anime returns, after all the strive and roller-coasters of emotions and frustrations it gives me.

So far the new season is starting fine though.

I heard the ending blows, and I have avoided spoilers so I am ready.

11 hours ago, Daos said:

I heard the ending blows, and I have avoided spoilers so I am ready.

the fanbase pretty much hates the ending because it ends more or less the same way Naruto does....i.e. pairing off as many couples as they possibly can whether or not the pairings actually work just for the potential to set up a big babies ever after sequel

however

Spoiler

3 of the girls, and two of the guys end up single at the end of the series, namely laxus and Freed, Lucy asks Laxus if he's with any of the 3 girls who are still available and he says no to all of them, so then she asks something like "well if it's none of them you're dating who ARE you dating?" and he says "figure it out" which some fans think is meant to imply he's gay and dating Freed.....but Mashima has never confirmed that

Edited by mochi

4 minutes ago, mochi said:

the fanbase pretty much hates the ending because it ends more or less the same way Naruto does....i.e. pairing off as many couples as they possibly can whether or not the pairings actually work just for the potential to set up a big babies ever after sequel

however

Reveal hidden contents

3 of the girls, and two of the guys end up single at the end of the series, namely laxus and Freed, Lucy asks Laxus if he's with any of the 3 girls who are still available and he says no to all of them, so then she asks something like "well if it's none of them you're dating who ARE you dating?" and he says "figure it out" which some fans think is meant to imply he's gay and dating Freed.....but Mashima has never confirmed that

.... didn't everyone hate it becaues Hiro DOESN'T canonically pair up anyone???

1 hour ago, elfie said:

.... didn't everyone hate it becaues Hiro DOESN'T canonically pair up anyone???

all the main fan favorite couples except

Spoiler

Laxus and Mirajane

are canon at the end

if the fans are pissed off it's probably because

Spoiler

Laxus and Mirajane didn't happen....and in fact Laxus responds as if it makes him angry that people want him and Mira together when Lucy asks if that's who he's dating

Yeah most of the couples were built up all series, so not sure why pairing them off is something to complain about.  I don't agree with the arcs having bad endings, either.  As usual, Elfie and Mochi are mistaken... about a great many things.

Edited by ben0119

On 10/10/2018 at 9:58 PM, Daos said:

They're always just bonus content that they don't really care about or dub usually.

They need to dub them, damn it!  I thought Funimation were completionists!  Not so thorough after all, it seems.  The Fairy Tail and Rave Master crossover, with the all original VAs, would be glorious... T__T