UnevenEdge

FOOTBALL 2019: SMACK TALK & SHIT POSTING

1pooh4u

6 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

do you know why it even ended? was it cuz the show ended? 

I don’t think so cuz they did continue it after the show ended for at least one season. 

As for why they stopped I have no idea. 

27 minutes ago, Admin_Raptorpat said:

@empty @1pooh4u @Ginguy @molarbear

I just wanted to check with you guys before I make any announcements or anything so we're all on the same page - if I recall correctly, we're treating the football game reward ranks like a sportsball trophy where this season's winners take over the ranks from the previous season's winners, right?

That’s the impression I had. 

1 hour ago, Admin_Raptorpat said:

I just wanted to check with you guys before I make any announcements or anything so we're all on the same page - if I recall correctly, we're treating the football game reward ranks like a sportsball trophy where this season's winners take over the ranks from the previous season's winners, right?

Sounds good to me.

On 8/10/2019 at 5:40 PM, Admin_Raptorpat said:

I think I picked the Colts to finish worst last year, but they're pretty well coached and Brissett might be good enough to get 4-5 wins on an easy schedule. They play Oakland, Miami and Denver at home and should win 1-2 home games within their division.

Cardinals still look atrocious and maybe only win 2 games. Then they can fire their coach and draft a new QB for the third year in a row.

Edited by panic

Bummer to hear about Luck. The problem was Indy never drafted a line to protect him. They got all these receivers and never figured out that Luck can't pass if he is on his ass.

Also, the fans that booed Luck should be ashamed of themselves. That kind of poor sportsmanship belongs in Oakland or Giants stadium, Indy should be better.

Still, Indy will be better than the Browns Cards.

Sorry, force of habit....

image.thumb.png.dfe032aa5950106e29ebb056a2142129.png

Edited by Ginguy
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

I’m sorry ginguy. I’m laughing at you thinking any football fans should be better. I mean c’mon. We’re not dealing with much in terms of fandom when you collectively look at NFL fans. We’re a wretched lot 💩😆😝

He's right though. I mean we've all heard story after story after story of former football players living with lingering injuries that affect their quality of life after they've hung up their cleats. Some of them end up getting so bad (as a result of multiple concussions, I must add) they take their own lives, like Junior Seau, for example. He should still be here, but because of his lingering mental issues from playing football, he chose to end it all.

We fans need to remember that even though they get to play a boy's game and get paid more money than most of us will ever get to see in our lifetimes combined, athletes are just like you and me, with families who love them and want them to live the best lives they can. And yes, that includes physical well-being as well.

And I heard this on the radio earlier today while running errands: How would you like it if someone who was mentally spent kept playing and drawing a pay check, and your favorite team suffered as a result? Should he be lauded for "sticking it out" just for the sake of the fans, or should he be criticized for being a detriment to the locker room since his heart isn't in playing football anymore? Andrew Luck absolutely loves the game of football, and it hurts him deep in his soul that he's hit that mental wall. It kills him that he can't play a game he loves when that's all he's known since he was a boy playing pee wee ball. That's what I took away from his retirement announcement. Oh, and by the way, the list of injuries he's suffered include a collapsed lung (!) and a pierced kidney, which resulted in him PEEING BLOOD! So don't tell me he should continue to put his health in jeopardy just so fantasy football players have a better chance to win their respective leagues. (Sorry. That just pisses me the fuck off.) (Also, I'm not directing this paragraph at you or anybody else in this thread, really. I'm just pissed off at how some fans and sports pundits believe superstar athletes are supposed to be robots who must "dance for our amusement" or else we'll discard them like a fully-smoked cigarette.) (Lastly, I'm saying all of this as a Houston Texans fan. We just found out that Lamar Miller has a torn ACL and is out for the year.)

Therefore, I completely believe that any and all Colts fans who booed him at the end of the game as well as any critic who says he's a selfish person for walking away from the sport should be ashamed of themselves.

Edited by Sir Teddybar Gut Fullung
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Playing the DA, I would like to think that they booed more as an instantaneous reaction to the announcement and not out of a truly selfish disgust at thinking Luck simply flaked on them.  It's not like Luck could have handled this any other way since he is at the mercy of a body that wouldn't allow him to continue; it's just that the abrubtness of it can be shocking and confusing to people who had no idea what Andrew was going through.  That being said, the fans still owe Luck an apology at the least, and, preferably, a larger outpouring of support for him and for all football players that are going through this.

43 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Playing the DA, I would like to think that they booed more as an instantaneous reaction to the announcement and not out of a truly selfish disgust at thinking Luck simply flaked on them.  It's not like Luck could have handled this any other way since he is at the mercy of a body that wouldn't allow him to continue; it's just that the abrubtness of it can be shocking and confusing to people who had no idea what Andrew was going through.  That being said, the fans still owe Luck an apology at the least, and, preferably, a larger outpouring of support for him and for all football players that are going through this.

I agree. And I get it. They probably thought the timing was horrible. As a result, their booing was reactionary. Also, Jason Whitlock said on Speak For Yourself that they weren't necessarily booing Luck for retiring; they were merely booing the end of a "messy and disappointing Luck era" in Indy. And quite honestly, I can wholeheartedly understand that. I mean the guy was supposed to be a once in a lifetime player, even greater than Peyton Manning. So of course, they were hugely disappointed. They thought this was their year to finally contend for a Super Bowl title, and to have it end even before it was to begin is heartbreaking. (I've been there as first an Oilers fan, then later, a Texans fan.) (I wouldn't boo personally, but I'd be extremely disappointed.)

Though to be honest, if we really want to blame somebody for this, it should be Adam Schefter for leaking the news while the game was still in progress. Why not wait until the game was over? (Oh, yeah. Because the rush to be first is more important than the strive for accuracy. That's right.)

Edited by Sir Teddybar Gut Fullung
  • Like 1

It's hard to blame the guy for leaking something that earth-shattering, especially when it was just a few hours from the announcement.  Luck had been talking with the organization for at least a couple of weeks before going official, so it's not like he wasn't prepared for the ensuing backlash, and that's the most important thing to factor when releasing something that sensitive.  Really, I think the fans were just hurt because they felt blindsided.  Disappointment is certainly a factor in all of this, but Indy's fans aren't known for being particularly ruthless, and, given all the information, they would understand.  It's not at all unlike reacting in anger when finding out about the surprised death of a relative:  for Luck to quit that unexpectedly and that young, it had to have been a serious health issue, and football fans all know how dire the consequences paid by players of their favorite sport.

So, I guess the sports media have been dogging on the fans in Indy who booed. Good. They deserve it.

Also, the long snapper has posted a tweet saying he will buy any season tickets from pissed off fans and donate them to Riley Children's hospital, so yay for some class still in Indy.

• Like 1