UnevenEdge
zombieninjakitten

I Know I Live In North Dakota But...

I'm not sure what you mean by "I live in North Dakota" in this context. 

180523115618-20180523-us-border-region-m

Everyone in the pink area, plus all of AK and HI, are within the 100 mile "border area" that ICE is apparently authorized to jackboot everyone in (and that area contains 2/3 of the US population).  Since Chicago and all of MI are somehow included (some technicality about Lakes Huron and Michigan), I imagine next week, or as soon as Trump needs a bigger distraction from Epstein, 100 miles on either side of the Mississippi River and all its tributaries will be included as well, because Gulf of Mexico.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I didn't think people really lived there....I thought it was a troll state, and if you go there it would just be trees and rocks.

• Like 3

I dispute NYC being within 100 miles of any border. Yet it’s in the pink 🤔

Posted (edited)

Unless we’re  just counting the fuckin sea now. 

Edited by 1pooh4u

NYC is on the border.  Yes they count the coast as a border.  You know, Ellis Island? :)

Btw, I was mistaken about all of Alaska being in that range.  The interior of the state isn't.  However Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont lie entirely or almost entirely within the 100 mile limit.  And I use the word "limit" advisedly, since CPB doesn't really grasp the meaning of the word.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Gina Szanboti said:

NYC is on the border.  Yes they count the coast as a border.  You know, Ellis Island? :)

Btw, I was mistaken about all of Alaska being in that range.  The interior of the state isn't.  However Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont lie entirely or almost entirely within the 100 mile limit.  And I use the word "limit" advisedly, since CPB doesn't really grasp the meaning of the word.

I guess my definition of border for this purpose is too restrictive?  I’m thinking within 100 miles of another country. Canada, Mexico and I guess Cuba?

No one is swimming from parts unknown to Ellis Island, taking a tour and then swimming over to make a life for themselves 😆

Trump is stupid. His EO is stupid and ICE raiding homes like the Gestapo is fuckin disgusting. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Unless we’re  just counting the fuckin sea now. 

They always did.  At that, Sacramento is theoretically outside the 100 miles to the Pacific Ocean and it's in the "border area" somehow.

Just now, scoobdog said:

They always did.  At that, Sacramento is theoretically outside the 100 miles to the Pacific Ocean and it's in the "border area" somehow.

That's cuz this administration hates California and they think that's where all the immigrants go

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

That's cuz this administration hates California and they think that's where all the immigrants go

Good, we hate Trump too.

Well, most of us.  I can't speak for the weirdos that live on that side of the Sierras.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Good, we hate Trump too.

Well, most of us.  I can't speak for the weirdos that live on that side of the Sierras.

I wonder if illegal European immigrants are gonna get ICE visits this weekend 🤔

• Haha 2

I would say that anyone who lives anywhere is technically in a targeted area. 

If they can't find enough 'bad' people in one area, they'll just keep moving over and looking. And it won't be just the so-called illegals, it'll be anyone who can't prove within 2 seconds that they belong here, period. 

I don't think all my relatives have gone through the citizenship gauntlet yet. Pretty sure my aunt's mother will die if she's deported back to the Philippines. 

4 hours ago, scoobdog said:

The border apparently starts on the shoreline of the Bay and continues on up the Delta for as far as they need it to.  Similar to the situation in Chicago, where the lower portion of Lake Michigan is somehow within 100 miles of the Canadian border because Lake Huron?

I mean, you tell me - how in the hell is Chicago within 100 miles?  The border is that line going through the middle of Superior, Huron and Erie.  Lakewise, 100 miles to the south of the actual border is roughly where the word Michigan is, and less than halfway to Detroit to the east.  The excuse I've heard is that all the shoreline of Lake Michigan counts as border because it shares water with Huron.  Don't know if that's the actual excuse or not.  But they don't think they need an excuse anymore.

01.jpg.f8aea4f145df1344026f5bf8a09d48a5.jpg

• Like 1

it's preposterous any way you look at it.  Chances are part of the point of the map is that you're not supposed to really know how the `100 mile limit is determined because that's how they can instill fear in the people not just in the area but outside of it as well.  It's not supposed to be an absolute delineation, but at the same time, it also confuses people as to where ICE is actively looking.

• Like 2

That map looks like one of those sectional diagrams of the female reproductive system...  Perhaps that's no accident?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2