UnevenEdge

condescending woke whatever this generation of anime fans

Satou Kazuma

i happened to overheard snippets of their conversations in a local B&N while looking to buy some manga. boy do some of them feel so entitled to the immediate releases of legal anime and manga and maybe they dabble in some illegal shit too but who knows. one of them was always judging the contents just based on the cover alone, the other one seems to think that every title that features little girls are generally pedo bait even though it's a wholesome take or grim take on some sort of life. they seem to appreciate some mainstream titles while bashing some classics. apparently they can't tell the difference between a light novel and a manga if the series has the same title. meanwhile they complain that there's too much isekai's, but yet that's what the trend for the past few years is, isekai's. until there's a new genre to take over this genre it'll have it's place on the shelves. speaking of shelves, whoever stock them does a good job of maintaining it even though there's not that much inventory of variety other than a few copies of new releases and big seller titles for this store. these kids then have the audacity to complain that the system of shelf stocking these manga is stupid and so not catered to their taste of shelving. if i'm guessing age wise, late teens to barely in their 20's, because they do look like a couple of entitle teen pricks, female and male likewise.

I'm 34 years old and I still judge it based on how it looks. And a lot of it is pedo baiting bullshit. And there are too many shitty isekais with the same goddamn premise when we really need more good takes on the genre like 12 Kingdoms or Digimon and not "I can't get laid in reality so I died and went to idiot boob harem heaven." And a lot of classic anime hasn't aged well in either animation or story.

None of that has anything to do with being woke though. Even sleepy people agree that you probably shouldn't sexualize elementary school children.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

well, woke or not, they're expecting that certain titles be catered to their tastes. only read a few isekai's after few page through just to see how the story flows but i rarely read what you called "idiot boob harem heaven" where the story premise of them turning into dumb objects and get surround by a harem. and yes, there are some pedo baiting titles but i'm not talking about them. i'm talking about Made in Abyss, Puella Magica, Sweet & Lightning etc.