UnevenEdge

Food for Beefeaters.

stilgar

50 minutes ago, stilgar said:

That is a full English breakfast. The Scotts and the Irish have very similar breakfasts.

Yeah, I think the Scottish have blood sausage with their breakfast. I knew he said he ate pork and beans and tomatoes with his breakfast.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, stilgar said:

Well, black pudding is blood sausage.

I couldn't tell what that was in the picture. I thought it was a regular sausage patty to be honest. 

I've never seen blood sausage. And from the description, I never want to. My mother and my step-father make traditional Scottish meals a good bit, but never blood sausage. He also told me that they don't brown hamburger meat where he's from. He boils it. I've never had boiled hamburger meat before.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, midnight said:

I couldn't tell what that was in the picture. I thought it was a regular sausage patty to be honest. 

I've never seen blood sausage. And from the description, I never want to. My mother and my step-father make traditional Scottish meals a good bit, but never blood sausage. He also told me that they don't brown hamburger meat where he's from. He boils it. I've never had boiled hamburger meat before.

The Scottish are notorious for their cooking.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, midnight said:

My mother is always making him mince and tatties. 

Apart from that, not too much else he has told me about sounds awfully appealing. 

The one time I was in Scotland, I had no problem eating the food.  But, I refused to try haggis purely on reputation.

• Like 2

Just now, scoobdog said:

The one time I was in Scotland, I had no problem eating the food.  But, I refused to try haggis purely on reputation.

Oh hell no. I'd never eat haggis.

I would like to go over there and see where he's from. I forget the name of the town, but I know it's close to Glasgow. 

My mom tried to go there once, years ago, but didn't have her passport papers in proper order, and was detained at Heathrow in England for a weekend, until they sent her back to the states. 

But he did say they love Indian food over there. He can't find good Indian food here in our area. 

• Like 1