UnevenEdge

Hunter x Hunter 147 Discussion Thread

So yeah i seems they couldn't get the new replacement in time, OR the company prohibited them from revealing what it is, because in 2 weeks we're getting a "best episode" rerun for only one week, so they can have more time to prepare for it. They never did something like this.

Edited by elfie

Why is Kite older here? Didn't heeshee appear as a kid right after the Chimera Ant arc? Also, if this Koala Guy shot her, does that mean she was somehow fused with Kite as part of the attempt to revive him?

Koala seems to be the type of character we probably should've seen more of. It feels like we skipped a couple episodes with him, and as a result this 8-minute-long monologue doesn't feel warranted, especially when he just repeats a ton of stuff over and over. In fact... Togashi creates a LOT of characters like this!  Their input in the main storyline is on-screen yet you feel like you seen them live the other parts of their lives in a distant memory that you aren't sure was real.

They breezed through that World Tree exposition. Gon and Killua's adventure to the Mt. Everest-like tourist town was only presented in a montage that didn't last for a minute. What the hell!? Togashi should know how this works by now! You're SUPPOSED to stretch this out into 50 episodes filled with a ton of new characters, all who are extremely talkative and introspective, and where every fight is surreal and brutal!

The ED made me fuckin cry.

Edited by elfie
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, elfie said:

They breezed through that World Tree exposition. Gon and Killua's adventure to the Mt. Everest-like tourist town was only presented in a montage that didn't last for a minute. What the hell!? Togashi should know how this works by now! You're SUPPOSED to stretch this out into 50 episodes filled with a ton of new characters, all who are extremely talkative and introspective, and where every fight is surreal and brutal!

The ED made me fuckin cry.

Killua and Gon’s “last” episode and moments together did feel rushed in a way, because it was all over in the blink of a eye. I mean couldn’t we have had one extra filler episode where Gon, Killua, and Alluka have a fun adventure day together? Is that too much to ask :(

The recap ending was the perfect way to end the episode, extremely emotional. Plus hearing the full ending <3

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 3ngag3 said:

Gundam: The Origin

Wrong. That's replacing The Promised Neverland.

It looks like Toonami's gonna be rolling out 2 new shows on July 6th! But of course we don't have a clue what the other show's going to be...UNLESS Promised Neverland reruns end up at 3 AM. I can see them doing that, but why not just air the season finale twice instead of re-airing a Hunter x Hunter episode on 6/29? I guess the last time they did that in 2016 with the Season 1 Finale of One-Punch Man didn't pass the test...

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1