UnevenEdge

Starbucks

I’m sorry.  I know it’s pretentious.  I know it’s overpriced. I know it’s draining my budget. 

I just don’t really like coffee from anywhere but Starbucks.  I don’t drink it to be pretentious or to project any type of social status (I live in the projects, I’m on SSI/disability, etc).  I just love their coffee yet I feel like such a schmuck for drinking it! lol

Okay, silly post I know but I just wanted to get that off my chest so to speak.  Ya’ll understand.

17 hours ago, stilgar said:

I mean, if you like it you like it. I for one prefer the coffee from a local convenience store called Wawa.

Yeah, I know but it’s an expensive habit.  I’m sure your convenience store coffee isn’t that costly.  

Hmm, this was kind of a super lame thread.  Thanks for treating it with respect. lol. 

I enjoy the bags of coffee they have in convenience stores like their Sumatra, Cafe Verona, Espresso Roast, and Italian Roast, but it doesn't come out right when I order regular black coffee at an actual Starbucks. It might just be my general dislike of the burnt chemical taste that Pikes Peak gives off.

On 5/16/2019 at 7:00 PM, zombieninjakitten said:

I’m sorry.  I know it’s pretentious.  I know it’s overpriced. I know it’s draining my budget. 

I just don’t really like coffee from anywhere but Starbucks.  I don’t drink it to be pretentious or to project any type of social status (I live in the projects, I’m on SSI/disability, etc).  I just love their coffee yet I feel like such a schmuck for drinking it! lol

Okay, silly post I know but I just wanted to get that off my chest so to speak.  Ya’ll understand.

Oh.  I...guess I'm a schmuck then too v.v

• 3 weeks later...

I've been to Starbucks like twice. The first time was in Dallas in the hotel I was staying in. I managed to stumble across a happy hour type half priced sale. It was very good. The second time I went to the one where I live now and it wasn't as good, but still all right. I'm not a huge coffee drinker so I usually just hit up the EZ Mart next to my apt building because their cappuccinos are only 99 cents or I just get Hill Bros instant cappuccino. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2019 at 8:53 PM, QueenoftheDorks said:

I've been to Starbucks like twice. The first time was in Dallas in the hotel I was staying in. I managed to stumble across a happy hour type half priced sale. It was very good. The second time I went to the one where I live now and it wasn't as good, but still all right. I'm not a huge coffee drinker so I usually just hit up the EZ Mart next to my apt building because their cappuccinos are only 99 cents or I just get Hill Bros instant cappuccino. 

I haven't gone into a minute mart to make cappuccinos in years.  Oh man.  I shudder when I think about how much sugar and cream I put in mine in highschool.  I've made them since then I'm just saying thinking about it is bringing back memories.