UnevenEdge

Final Fantasy 7 remake rare footage

Satou Kazuma

3 hours ago, Greeny said:

Is it still episodic? I can't see them cramming all of FF7 into a "modern" game.

I'm thinking it must be since all the footage they've ever shown comprises of the first two hours of the original.

I can't say I'm excited. Not only due to Square's performance the last couple of years but also due to their cock-teasing antics like this for a game that won't be released for another couple of years. If indeed episodic then don't expect to have the full experience available until you're shitting your diaper in a nursing home.

14 hours ago, Greeny said:

Is it still episodic? I can't see them cramming all of FF7 into a "modern" game.

Yes.

11 hours ago, Opium said:

I'm thinking it must be since all the footage they've ever shown comprises of the first two hours of the original.

I can't say I'm excited. Not only due to Square's performance the last couple of years but also due to their cock-teasing antics like this for a game that won't be released for another couple of years. If indeed episodic then don't expect to have the full experience available until you're shitting your diaper in a nursing home.

The other episodes would be using the same engine and reusing a lot of assets though. Once the first game is out it would probably be only six months to a year between the parts.

• 1 month later...

From what I hear about it, it looks exciting. The gameplay, revamped music, and the new additions sound like they put effort into the game once they decided to develop the game in-house. The only problem is the fact that it's episodic, so Midgar will really be the only thing that will be remade for a while. And if it took them 4-5 years to develop Midgar, I can only imagine how long it would take to complete the remaining 2-5 episodes that can be milked from a full remake.