UnevenEdge

Attack on Titan S3 Part 2 Premieres 5/25

I don't think SAO Alicization got a topical for Episode 12 yet...

Also, it will be interesting to see how they structure the lineup for that night. What if AOT debuts at 10:30, but then they do a marathon of reruns beginning at 11? Even if they do that, this will obviously be Toonami's first Memorial Day Weekend NOT to air a homogeneous lineup consisting only of a marathon of a single show in 5 years!!

Also, this will freeze the current rerun at Episode #12, assuming they only play one episode a night. Perhaps HXH will take the night off and they'll run #12 and #13 back-to-back on 5/18, just to finish the arc? If not, that means Episodes #01-#11 will have been run 5x each, #12 4x, and poor unlucky #13 only twice. ¬¬ 

Edited by OwlChemist81

4 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I don't think SAO Alicization got a topical for Episode 12 yet...

Also, it will be interesting to see how they structure the lineup for that night. What if AOT debuts at 10:30, but then they do a marathon of reruns beginning at 11? Even if they do that, this will obviously be Toonami's first Memorial Day Weekend NOT to air a homogeneous lineup consisting only of a marathon of a single show in 5 years!!

Also, this will freeze the current rerun at Episode #12, assuming they only play one episode a night. Perhaps HXH will take the night off and they'll run #12 and #13 back-to-back on 5/18, just to finish the arc? If not, that means Episodes #01-#11 will have been run 5x each, #12 4x, and poor unlucky #13 only twice. ¬¬ 

I figure they probably wanted to get Mob season 2 sooner and they probably had no idea when Titan would be ready but in hindsight they could have given the rerun slot to the 12 episodes of Mob season 1 instead of the first 12 episodes of AoT season 1. Oh well.

They could end up premiering AoT before a marathon (maybe a marathon of season 3 part 1 that extends Toonami a bit) or they may do a partial or complete regular night.

I also would not rule out the possibility that they'll be able to start AoT a week sooner than originally expected like what happened with season 2.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, elfie said:

They wouldn't dare put a premiere at 3:30 would they!?  Man they are getting anime faster than i thought.

The new season won't premiere at 3:30; that's insane. The worst premieres of AOT have gotten was 12:30 for Season 2, and that's only because it was stuck in front of new-freaking-Samurai Jack and two Dragon Balls.

I daresay this half of the season might get 10:30, or 11 if DBS gets shifted to 10:30. What they'll do with the 3:30 slot is a bit of a mystery; perhaps AOT reruns will just continue, or it will go to another rerun. Mob Psycho 100 Season 1 would probably be an excellent candidate, as would Megalobox.

I'm also not ruling out the possibility of AOT getting some sort of weeknight run beginning on Memorial Day (5/27/19) 4 nights a week (Monday-Thursday) and beginning with Episode #13:

#13-#16 follow #50
#17-#20 follow #51
#21-#24 follow #52
#25-#28 follow #53
#29-#32 follow #54
#33-#36 follow #55
#37-#40 follow #56
#41-#44 follow #57
#45-#48 follow #58
#49-#52 follow #59
#53-#56 follow #60
#57-#61(Friday) follow #61

HOLY CRAP, that works out too well! Best candidate for timeslot would probably be replacing The Boondocks at 1 AM...

Edited by OwlChemist81

7 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

I think he was referring more to AoT pushing HxH to 3:30, assuming they don't expand in front to make room.

Oh, I gotcha. Yeah, that makes a bit more sense! But I think we're definitely talking expansion here. Here's my guess:

[8 PM DBZ Kai/DBS reruns]
[9 PM Family Guy x2]
10 PM Dragon Ball Super
10:30 My Hero Academia
11 PM Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2
11:30 Promised Neverland
12 AM SAO Alicization
12:30 JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable
1 AM Black Clover
1:30 Boruto
2 AM Shippuden
2:30 Hunter x Hunter
3 AM Mob Psycho 100
3:30 MegaloBox

Then again, maybe they won't go full 30-minute shift up. Maybe they'll leave as many timeslots undisrupted as possible, move DBS this time to 10:30, plug in AOT at 11 PM, and put a different rerun (either MP100 or MBox) at 3:30 AM.

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 2

I would really like to push for Toonami getting back virtually the entire night again. With the loss of Family Guy and Bob's Burgers knowingly occurring within the next 5 years [ unless they are able to work out some sort of share deal ] , now would be a very good time for them to start establishing newer schedules that don't rely in any way on either of those shows being aired. Get everyone used to a particular set schedule for certain days so that when programs are lost, it doesn't require a mad scramble to fix. Saturday's are a perfect start since technically it doesn't require Fox re-heats - Toonami has it's core viewers and while the ratings aren't going to be gangbusters all the way through the night, it's Saturday ratings which are notoriously hard to get and keep anyway. May as well cater to them. 

• Like 2

Hell yeah! Felt like it would be back quickly once the new season started, similar to the first part of S3 so good to get it confirmed and happening.

Watching two great vids, one with a great S2 song and the other with the S3 part 1 OP both with lyrics and shots from the seasons getting me hyped for the new eps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAgPH1CWiAw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1XE8ON8fos

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • StarPanda unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

For those who want to see the new OP a few weeks early 

Beware of potentially spoilery visuals, but that'll be the case when see the OP on Toonami anyway. But I put the video behind a spoiler tag to make it easier to avoid if anyone doesn't want to see it yet.

----

Here's the glorious OP for the new season, back in the action style of the previous 3 OPs as expected with the return to Titan action (OP4: Red Swan was awesome too though!), by the returning Linked Horizon.

The song is actually kind of like a great combo of all the OPs so far!

Spoiler

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

For those who want to see the new OP a few weeks early 

Beware of potentially spoilery visuals, but that'll be the case when see the OP on Toonami anyway. But I put the video behind a spoiler tag to make it easier to avoid if anyone doesn't want to see it yet.

----

Here's the glorious OP for the new season, back in the action style of the previous 3 OPs as expected with the return to Titan action (OP4: Red Swan was awesome too though!), by the returning Linked Horizon.

The song is actually kind of like a great combo of all the OPs so far!

Hide contents

Rainbow blood splatter? ACCEPTABLE 

Yeah it does sort of mix the other OPs together.

• Like 1