UnevenEdge

Naruto Shippuden Episode 245 Discussion

Just now, ben0119 said:

Yeah. X_X

I mean "Ya know" is better than Belive it...since that's actually what Dattebayo means but

it just...feels wrong for them to just deny they ever translated it as Believe it xD

2 minutes ago, mochi said:

I mean "Ya know" is better than Belive it...since that's actually what Dattebayo means but

it just...feels wrong for them to just deny they ever translated it as Believe it xD

So that is what it means?  I heard it was a nonsense phrase.

Yeah it's ridiculous!  And why wait until now to do it?!

6 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

So that is what it means?  I heard it was a nonsense phrase.

Yeah it's ridiculous!  And why wait until now to do it?!

it's a nonsense phrase....but is a verbal tick equivalent to people in English ending their sentances with little things like "ya know" "dont'cha know" or things of that nature...translating it as Y'know or Dontcha know is the only sane way to translate it

• Like 1

Just now, mochi said:

it's a nonsense phrase....but is a verbal tick equivalent to people in English ending their sentances with little things like "ya know" "dont'cha know" or things of that nature...translating it as Y'know or Dontcha know is the only sane way to translate it

Ooooh I see.

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Ooooh I see.

actually I looked it up further, "Tteba" is equivalent to Y'know, and is added to a sentance to express a displeasure that you are not being listened to

dattebayo, what Naruto and Boruto say, is them taking that phrase, and making it more annoying to express even greater anger at not being listened to

so it's like they're saying "DOTCHA FUCKIN KNOW?!" rather than Y'know

3 minutes ago, mochi said:

actually I looked it up further, "Tteba" is equivalent to Y'know, and is added to a sentance to express a displeasure that you are not being listened to

dattebayo, what Naruto and Boruto say, is them taking that phrase, and making it more annoying to express even greater anger at not being listened to

so it's like they're saying "DOTCHA FUCKIN KNOW?!" rather than Y'know

Oh haha.  Well they say it so often and so casually it must be out of habit because they don't seem that angry when they say it most of the time.

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

Oh haha.  Well they say it so often and so casually it must be out of habit because they don't seem that angry when they say it most of the time.

yeah, it was basically just them making an already annoying verbal habit more annoying to express how annoying Naruto is supposed to be xD

• Haha 1